Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Jools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 08:32 AM
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    1,088

    Closing of the Walking Street Pharmacy

    I went by the Walking Street Pharmacy yesterday and it seemed to be closed and gutted. This pharmacy
    was the only one I have found which sells. Xanax. I had a recurring prescription from my American physician, until I discovered it was not honored here. . Does anyone know if this pharmacy is relocated or a possible replacement? I don't need
    a lecture on the "dangers" of benzodiazepines, I use this medicine in accordance with my doctor's advice to mitigate
    the effects of PTSD. Otherwise, is it possible to order it from India or China? Thanks for any information and congrats on
    an informative and entertaining forum.
    Last edited by Jools; 08-04-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    "If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting. "
    Gen. Curtis LeMay - Strategic Air Command

  2. #2
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,212
    ^
    Have you tried getting a prescription from a Thai doctor?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,795
    They used to sell it everywhere.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    15-04-2021 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jools View Post
    benzodiazepines, I use this medicine in accordance with my doctor's advice to mitigate
    the effects of PTSD. Otherwise, is it possible to order it from India or China?
    I very occasionally use something from the same family of drugs for painful muscle spasm in the back. I use it sparingly, maybe a few times in a year, but when I need it nothing else works so I keep a few tabs handy.

    The biggest pharmacy in my town where I go for ordinary otc stuff refused point blank to sell it. I showed them an old prescription but they were adamant. They know me and are friendly, still no chance with this.

    I asked my ex-gf in Shanghai and she got a small stash somehow. Then her post office said no way could that go in the mail and don't try to hide it because it will be found at one end or the other and that could cause problems, like trafficking.

    Then I did the obvious and when I visited Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani for a routine medical I asked the doc in the final interview and he gave me a prescription on the spot which was filled when I paid. Not expensive for the meds, although I had already spent a good sum on the full body check.

    Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    5,383
    I'd be trying the pharmacy next to Tim Bar on 2nd Road, or the nearby ones on Soi Post Office and Soi Yamato. You can get everything else at them, so Xanax shouldn't be a problem. Don't have a Thai person with you on your first visit or they'll just say no.

  6. #6
    Neo Cameralist Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Jools View Post
    I went by the Walking Street Pharmacy yesterday and it seemed to be closed and gutted. This pharmacy
    was the only one I have found which sells. Xanax. I had a recurring prescription from my American physician, until I discovered it was not honored here. . Does anyone know if this pharmacy is relocated or a possible replacement? I don't need
    a lecture on the "dangers" of benzodiazepines, I use this medicine in accordance with my doctor's advice to mitigate
    the effects of PTSD. Otherwise, is it possible to order it from India or China? Thanks for any information and congrats on
    an informative and entertaining forum.
    Modern medicine is slowly getting regulated out of existence. All you can do is go around and check every single pharmacy. You might find one that will sell it. That's what I did.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,347
    ...I obtain xanax (as needed) from whichever doctor I happen to see at Samitivej...I explain that it helps me sleep while flying...as opposed to helping me fly while sleeping...

  8. #8
    Member russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Location
    Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    678
    In terms of the benzodiazapides I found the picking best in small town pharmacies. I could obtain a good supply from a pharmacy in a small town down south, no credit card, cash only, no receipts. Works like a charm for sleep and can be helpfull for general anxiety. Almost impossible to obtain in Canada now.


  9. #9
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    Almost impossible to obtain in Canada now.
    I found it quite easy, I even got a prescription from a doctor in a walk in clinic that had a sign specifically saying they don't give prescriptions for them. If you don't look like a tweaker and have a decent enough reason for taking them, you will get one. I have occasional insomnia and that was a good enough reason.

  10. #10
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    22,390
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    Works like a charm for sleep and can be helpfull for general anxiety.
    Have a lot of trouble with that do ya russ?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...I obtain xanax (as needed) from whichever doctor I happen to see at Samitivej...I explain that it helps me sleep while flying...as opposed to helping me fly while sleeping...

    Yeah my Doc at Bangkok Pattaya gives me a prescription, I take them for back pain.

  12. #12
    I am not a cat
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,424
    As far as I am aware, it is a schedule 4 drug, which means getting it off prescription *could* have consequences.

    Do NOT get it posted in!!!!

    Doc here are prescription happy. Take the USA prescription, 5 minutes with a doc and you will get what you want, with no possible consequences.

    Anything else is kinda foolish to be honest.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,347
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    As far as I am aware, it is a schedule 4 drug, which means getting it off prescription *could* have consequences.
    ...what are the consequences of a xanax prescription from a certified doctor at a well-known hospital that was accepted by the hospital pharmacy...other than relief from a particular ailment, I mean...

  14. #14
    I am not a cat
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,424
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...what are the consequences of a xanax prescription from a certified doctor at a well-known hospital that was accepted by the hospital pharmacy...other than relief from a particular ailment, I mean...

    Not sure I get you?

    With prescription you are good to go, while having it without a prescription you are also good to go (to jail).

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    As far as I am aware, it is a schedule 4 drug, which means getting it off prescription *could* have consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...what are the consequences of a xanax prescription from a certified doctor at a well-known hospital that was accepted by the hospital pharmacy...other than relief from a particular ailment, I mean...

    The key word in Nidhogg's post is Off presription.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    1,438
    I am amazed Buckaroo hasn't popped in for advice on his migration anxiety

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,347
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    The key word in Nidhogg's post is Off presription.
    ...ah..."off" meaning without then...thanks...

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Jools View Post
    Xanax. I had a recurring prescription from my American physician,
    Xanax Addiction and Abuse

    Xanax is a benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety and insomnia. The drug is extremely addictive and should only be used under a doctor’s supervision.

    Addiction to Xanax (Alprazolam)
    Xanax_SR
    Xanax is a powerful benzodiazepine that is often prescribed to treat generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorders and insomnia. It is extremely addictive when used long-term. Xanax is the number one prescribed psychiatric medication in the United States. Seventy percent of teens with a Xanax addiction get the drug from their family’s medicine cabinet.

    Tolerance to Xanax develops quickly, requiring the user to take more of the drug to achieve the desired effects. Someone with a Xanax addiction may take up to 20 to 30 pills per day. If the user decides to stop taking Xanax, they may experience withdrawal effects, such as anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, and tremors. The onset of withdrawal symptoms is a sign that a physical dependence has developed. The development of tolerance and withdrawal are indications of addiction.

    Once a Xanax addiction has taken hold, daily responsibilities, such as school, work or family, are ignored as energy is redirected towards drug seeking behavior.
    Xanax Addiction and Abuse - Addiction to Alprazolam - Addiction Center

  19. #19
    A Cockless Wonder
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Posts
    13,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Jools View Post
    Closing of the Walking Street Pharmacy
    You need to check out this champion thread from 2018 to get the good oil on where to find the pharmaceutical goodies in patters Jools

    A Promenade round Pattaya

  20. #20
    Neo Cameralist Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    I found it quite easy, I even got a prescription from a doctor in a walk in clinic that had a sign specifically saying they don't give prescriptions for them. If you don't look like a tweaker and have a decent enough reason for taking them, you will get one. I have occasional insomnia and that was a good enough reason.
    Whens the last time you tried getting some in Canada ? A doctor I talked to said it's impossible for him to prescribe it. It's basically been eliminated

  21. #21
    Neo Cameralist Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Xanax Addiction and Abuse

    Xanax is a benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety and insomnia. The drug is extremely addictive and should only be used under a doctor’s supervision.


    Xanax Addiction and Abuse - Addiction to Alprazolam - Addiction Center
    And now that they have basically eliminated safe legal benzoz, there is a boom in illegal unsafe versions. It's the next big thing for the drug cartels.

    Scare stories and prohibition do way more harm than good. It is strange how everyone is liberalizing their view of the failed drug war for marijuana yet at the same time , we are in the process of eliminating other drugs.

    The whole opiate OD crisis is due to opiate prohibition. The less prescription opiates there is , the more people die. It's amazing how this works.
    Last edited by Backspin; 09-04-2021 at 10:56 PM.

  22. #22
    Member russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Location
    Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Originally Posted by russellsimpson
    Works like a charm for sleep and can be helpfull for general anxiety.
    ?


    Have a lot of trouble with that do ya russ ?


    Not so much Cy. Not so much.

    I have larger fish to fry.

  23. #23
    I am not a cat
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Whens the last time you tried getting some in Canada ? A doctor I talked to said it's impossible for him to prescribe it. It's basically been eliminated
    Go on then, what were you trying to get the prescription for? Someone get your soy latte order wrong?

  24. #24
    Neo Cameralist Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,760
    The production of FDA approved opiates has fallen every year since 2010. And every year since 2010, the amount of OD deaths has increased. 2020 was a record stack of dead bodies. 10,000+ people died from unsafe alcohol during prohibition. But at least they learned from it and did the right thing. We don't do the right thing this time. We will stay in the prohibition doom loop. More ppl die , so clamp down on opiates even more. Which causes even more people to die. So they clamp down on opiates even more and so on. Somehow everyone seems to think that the iron law of drug prohibition doesn't apply to one drug.



    Europe has mostly avoided this catastrophe because they haven't clamped down on prescriptions and relatively safe Afghan heroin can get in through the land routes so the cartels don't have to resort to lab made fentanyl

  25. #25
    Neo Cameralist Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    Go on then, what were you trying to get the prescription for? Someone get your soy latte order wrong?
    I just like having some Valium on hand that I can use as needed. Whether it's for insomnia or just a stressful week. I had a 200 10 mg Valium that I smuggled from Thailand. It lasted me about 6 years

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •