Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 172
  1. #1
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719

    Proof that U can love Pattaya not for the whores.

    The total replacement of the western monger demographic with Chinese Russia and Indian families of tourists , who don't patronize the prostitutes , proves that Pattaya's pull isn't actually the whores.

    Thailand is the second most popular destination for Russian tourists. Why do they like it so much ? It's not about the whores for them. I think they like it for the same reason I do. The relaxed atmosphere. The general freedom and civic atmosphere of the place. You don't have to do anything to have fun in Pattaya. Just walking down the road is fun. The ppl watching. Trying the endless amount of restaurants. The market plazas. You name it. The atmosphere is just good.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,943
    Just walking down the road is fun.

    if walking up and down the broken pavements, whilst avoiding the electrical cables, the advertising signage , the parked motorcycles, the open drains, the 50cm kerbs, the tick ridden dogs, the beckoning taxi drivers, massage "therapists" and salespeople and the broiling sun in order to admire the leaking downpipes, the dripping aircons, the cracked concrete facades, the spitting chinese, the sweaty bobbleheads and all the other detritus that passes for humanity in that godforsaken dump then you are indeed an easily satisfied man of low ambition.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,943
    because their thailand bound tourists are generally uncivilised meatheads.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:55 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    2,562
    I was in Pattaya about 15 years ago, stayed at Dusit Thani Hotel all the way on the opposite side of the costal road from walking street.
    I was not very impressed , the bach was not clean, and the walk to walking street was lines with whores and pathetic old men.
    Walking street was OK but nothing that you cant find at most night markets and a lot of bars.
    Not terrible but also nothing worth visiting more than once, I never went there again. Perhaps now it is different , but if it is the same
    If I traveled around the world to visit Thailand I would certainly not go to Pattaya. But that's me .
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  5. #5
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    33,848
    My move to Pattaya was nothing to do with the ho's- I was married, and my mongering days were over. It was to do with the conveniences on hand- supermarkets, bars & restaurants etc, proximity to the airport, and what I (erroneously) considered to be the promising investment potential of the place. My villa is about 11km from Walking St, and central Pattaya is a place I would go 2-3 times a month, but I quite liked the seedy fun atmosphere of it too- I just wouldn't choose to live among it.

    if you are into dining well and at the right price, and golf- well there are few places better than Patts.

  6. #6
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,395
    I can see Pattaya skyline from my bedroom window and can drive to beach road in around 10 minutes but unless I have to go to the main city I avoid the place.

    Basically we have everything we need as a family within a 1 km radius of our home including a number of bars I have a few beers in at the end of the day.

    In fact, and when asked I say I live in Nong Prue never Pattaya.

    Having said that Pattaya City is still a magnet for many just not for me.

  7. #7
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719
    If I ever won the lottery , I'd be on the first plane to Pattaya.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,965
    Chinese,Russia and Indian families.... not seeing many at all.

    Where are you seeing them Backspin ?

  9. #9
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Chinese,Russia and Indian families.... not seeing many at all.

    Where are you seeing them Backspin ?
    It's in the statistics. Pre covid. Think back to 2017.

    You reside there ?

  10. #10
    fully fledged Mutt-packer TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Posts
    8,945
    You mean four years ago? You realise that COVID did not affect walking street or Thai tourism until 2020?

    So what happened to 2018 & 2019?

  11. #11
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,395
    Actually Covid put the nail into an already desperately suffering tourism industry in Pattaya around March, 2020.

    Before Covid the Russians had disappeared with the main stream of tourist coming from China and they spend very little money here.

    I cannot foresee any real recovery for at least another 2 years and that will depend upon the success of the vaccine, the Baht value depreciating and relaxation of some of the new laws affecting tourists coming to Thailand.

    All in all at least 50% of the tourist industry will fold on top of those businesses which have already closed down.

  12. #12
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,289
    Pattaya is a tourist destination, simple as that. Walking Street is a place you go once and say "Been there, done that" then go back to your hotel and wash the stench off of yourself. The Beach areas are typically dirty and crammed with boat and waverunner scammers. But again. It's a tourist spot your expectations should be low and you should expect to pay triple for everything.

  13. #13
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    33,848
    Pattaya is a tourist destination, simple as that.
    And that is nonsense, simple as that. A large contingent of expats of all different stripes (working, FIFO, ret'd) live there, and to state the obvious a lot of Thai too- and they are most certainly not all employed in tourism related stuff. Pattaya is a fully fledged city, if you only know the central entertainment zones, well then all you know is tourist Pattaya. Fair enough- but that hardly makes you an expert on the place.

  14. #14
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    You mean four years ago? You realise that COVID did not affect walking street or Thai tourism until 2020?

    So what happened to 2018 & 2019?
    See Loytoys post. Thegent mentioned it in another thread. And I remember hearing a podcast with Marc and he said that the Thai tourism economy was hurting around 2018/19. Because there was some credit contraction in the Chinese economy

    From 2019

    Thai tourism still wounded
    Last edited by Backspin; 15-02-2021 at 07:16 AM.

  15. #15
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Pattaya is a tourist destination, simple as that. Walking Street is a place you go once and say "Been there, done that" then go back to your hotel and wash the stench off of yourself. The Beach areas are typically dirty and crammed with boat and waverunner scammers. But again. It's a tourist spot your expectations should be low and you should expect to pay triple for everything.
    There's no such thing as jet ski scammers. If you don't wreck anything , you'll be fine. I've rented them 20 times without a problem. I even over heated one and they didn't care

    Arent you from Chang mai ? anyone from those areas speaks ill of the coastal areas by default
    Last edited by Backspin; 15-02-2021 at 07:18 AM.

  16. #16
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,395
    ^^^ It always makes me chuckle when some self acclaimed expert on a location has only been there once or twice and visited the seedy areas to form an opinion.

    I took my dog for a walk earlier today and during our travels I pass what I consider a fairly dense rainforest which until recently had monkeys (until they were captured and moved) and other wild-life including squirrels and heaps of snakes and other reptiles.

    And this area boarders our property so hardly inner city living.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    It's in the statistics. Pre covid. Think back to 2017.

    You reside there ?
    lol 4 years ago.

    Get the fuck outta here you inbred Mong.

  18. #18
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    lol 4 years ago.

    Get the fuck outta here you inbred Mong.

    From 2018. [at][at][at][at] head 2017 was the peak


    Punched in the Face: Plunge in Chinese Tourists Rattles Thailand


    Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

    Thailand disturbed by sharp decline in Chinese tourists, turned off by series of unfortunate events | South China Morning Post
    Last edited by Backspin; 15-02-2021 at 07:50 AM.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    From 2018. kunt-head


    My ya mind up penis breathe, your last post said 2017.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    40,264
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    if walking up and down the broken pavements, whilst avoiding the electrical cables, the advertising signage , the parked motorcycles, the open drains, the 50cm kerbs, the tick ridden dogs, the beckoning taxi drivers, massage "therapists" and salespeople and the broiling sun in order to admire the leaking downpipes, the dripping aircons, the cracked concrete facades, the spitting chinese, the sweaty bobbleheads and all the other detritus that passes for humanity in that godforsaken dump then you are indeed an easily satisfied man of low ambition.
    Sounds perfect for someone like you who goes out of their way to involve themselves with things / people / places that upset them.

    Just think of all that potential for your misery and bitching, taxi!

  21. #21
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    My ya mind up penis breathe, your last post said 2017.
    The twat constantly spews nonsense then when he gets called out he changes his story and moves the goalposts.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,009
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    My move to Pattaya was nothing to do with the ho's- I was married, and my mongering days were over. It was to do with the conveniences on hand- supermarkets, bars & restaurants etc, proximity to the airport, and what I (erroneously) considered to be the promising investment potential of the place. My villa is about 11km from Walking St, and central Pattaya is a place I would go 2-3 times a month, but I quite liked the seedy fun atmosphere of it too- I just wouldn't choose to live among it.

    if you are into dining well and at the right price, and golf- well there are few places better than Patts.
    Yep, first couple of years was party time, then it was the infrastructure of conveniences that kept me in Pty. Takes a while to coexist with the 3W downsides including imo the most difficult of all, mentality and thinking process, but weighing pros and cons that's why we're all here and if anyone tells you different they're dumb or lying.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat russellsimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Posts
    1,343
    I was in Pattaya about fifteen years back. I should have stayed at some of those lovely little guest houses turning right from Walking Street at the beach. Instead I ended up at a nondescript larger hotel uptown and one block off Walking St. Clean enough was it's sole redeeming feature. I remember an empty lot next door full of discarded potato chip bags and other disagreeable items of garbage. I was on the fifth floor and directly below me, in the empty lot was a group of about six women living in tents who used to wander about with their titties swinging gently about. I thought at the time they might have been unhoused cleaning staff, in retrospect I think that may have been na´ve. I stayed a couple of weeks, drank way to much beer in the seedy bars down on the beach and punctured an eardrum while body surfing.

    Good for one time, probably wouldn't return.


  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    YourDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Council flat. Thanks suckers!
    Posts
    4,123
    Proof that I love Pattaya?

    Well, I could post pictures of dozens of hotels I stayed in with previous wife, but then that would send Snub and KW in a fit of jealous rage.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,960
    Quote Originally Posted by russellsimpson View Post
    punctured an eardrum while body surfing.
    ...those soapy bars can be dangerous...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •