Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Renew Insurance

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 07:44 AM
    Posts
    15

    Renew Insurance

    Just had a call from the Insurance Co to say the insurance has to be paid now, one month before it expires, because it's the last year for the car on finance.
    Anyone else had this happen?

  2. #2
    Member
    Barty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Location
    Lamlukka
    Posts
    735
    Is it the same insurance company that is currently insuring your car? I have had competing insurance companies call me about a month before the insurance is due trying to fool me that it was time to renew and thereby changing companies without knowing it.

  3. #3
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by BC819 View Post
    Just had a call from the Insurance Co to say the insurance has to be paid now, one month before it expires, because it's the last year for the car on finance.
    Anyone else had this happen?
    Nope, bought all vehicles with cash. Finance is crap.

    Pay it, one month before expected, so what.


    ^ Never had that.

    I'm with Direct Asia for cars and Tokio Marine for bikes. DA are good. The excess is about 50% or so. Which is really quite good. Give 'em a shout OP.

  4. #4
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    Nothing wrong with finance, makes the world go round, pay 1 month before expiry is quite normal, so the documents arrive before due date, 50% excess you must be crazy, my excess is nil.

  5. #5
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by mykthemin View Post
    50% excess you must be crazy, my excess is nil.
    So you pay 100% of the premium?

    With 50% excess I only pay 50%

    Until I need to make a claim, and then have to pay the other 50%.

    Ain't been required yet.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 07:44 AM
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Barty View Post
    Is it the same insurance company that is currently insuring your car? I have had competing insurance companies call me about a month before the insurance is due trying to fool me that it was time to renew and thereby changing companies without knowing it.
    Same company. Last year I just got reminders etc on date to pay.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,482
    We get the same problem every year. Well my wife does as she deals with it. Its a 'come on' to get your money before you've had a chance to shop around. She just tells them okay and leaves it until the day before it's due. She says it happens every year. Being on finance I don't think it matters.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    So you pay 100% of the premium?

    With 50% excess I only pay 50%

    Until I need to make a claim, and then have to pay the other 50%.

    Ain't been required yet.

    So you pay 50% and when a scooter runs into ya you pay 50%... and then another scooter bumps into another 50% ??????????

    Cheaper to pay full and have zero excess me reckons, my current ongoing claim is gunna cost the insurance company about 500k and the renewal just arrived and the premium has doubled..... cya's !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    let me explain simply 100MB != 1GB RAM

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    06-06-2018 @ 12:18 PM
    Posts
    92
    They always contact me about one month before. I pay 1 or 2 days before it is due. Same company for 12 years. Always give me a discount of some sort every year.

  10. #10
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    So you pay 100% of the premium?

    With 50% excess I only pay 50%

    Until I need to make a claim, and then have to pay the other 50%.

    Ain't been required yet.

    So you pay 50% and when a scooter runs into ya you pay 50%... and then another scooter bumps into another 50% ??????????
    Nope.

    If a scooter runs into me they pay.


    In 5 years I've made zero claims. And have only paid 50% of the premium each year. (Direct Asia)

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    So you pay 100% of the premium?

    With 50% excess I only pay 50%

    Until I need to make a claim, and then have to pay the other 50%.

    Ain't been required yet.

    So you pay 50% and when a scooter runs into ya you pay 50%... and then another scooter bumps into another 50% ??????????
    Nope.

    If a scooter runs into me they pay.


    In 5 years I've made zero claims. And have only paid 50% of the premium each year. (Direct Asia)
    Ha Ha how many scooters have NO insurance, over half at least, who pays then, and 50% of premium in my case would be 7000 and that will pay for didly squat in the body shop.

  12. #12
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    ^ Best you pay 14k then, instead of 7k.

    Makes sense, eh.

    But you'd probably be better off getting proper insurance. 14k for fully comp 1st class insurance? What are you insuring, a lawnmower?

  13. #13
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    No a 4x4 pickup 3 years old and my 1 year old Pajero is 18000 all with Tesco Lotus, I suggest you shop around. both no excess.

  14. #14
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Ripped off, you should be paying 7k + 9k bud. Get onto them and demand that 50% excess. They're havin' you over.

  15. #15
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    what complete load of bollocks you spout.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    So you pay 100% of the premium?

    With 50% excess I only pay 50%

    Until I need to make a claim, and then have to pay the other 50%.

    Ain't been required yet.

    So you pay 50% and when a scooter runs into ya you pay 50%... and then another scooter bumps into another 50% ??????????
    Nope.

    If a scooter runs into me they pay.


    In 5 years I've made zero claims. And have only paid 50% of the premium each year. (Direct Asia)
    Haha, good luck getting money out of a scooter rider.

    Me iam happy to pull full premium and no excess these days.

    Coupla years back in My Colorado I went for tehcheaper premium and pay excess route (I think it was 12k for 1st class with a 4k excess) and in that first year I had 2 windscreen replacements an repair from a scooter running into me, woulda been cheaper to pay full premium than 3 lots of excess on top of the cheaper price.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Auroria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,254
    I have 30% excess and in eight years have never needed it. So it's saved me heaps.

    Well, 30% of my policy for eight years.

    Through Kasikorn bank.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroria View Post
    I have 30% excess and in eight years have never needed it. So it's saved me heaps.

    Well, 30% of my policy for eight years.

    Through Kasikorn bank.
    I battle peak hour Sukuhmvit traffic between Pattaya and Laem Chabang twice daily, Not 6 months goes by without an insurance claim !!


    Edit to add. saw the bill for my Mazda 3. 1 headlight is Bt45,000.......ouch.

  19. #19
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    saw the bill for my Mazda 3. 1 headlight is Bt45,000.......ouch.
    So you went into the back of someone.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    saw the bill for my Mazda 3. 1 headlight is Bt45,000.......ouch.
    So you went into the back of someone.
    low speed head on with a Fortuna.

    I swerved to go around a car parked half in my lane and Fortuna coming up the road just drove straight into me, normally an oncoming car will make room (and the Tuna had plenty) but not this time !!

  21. #21
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    lol

    Driving Whilst Being Thai.

    It's when their pigheaded stubborness really shines through.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •