Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910
Results 226 to 242 of 242
  1. #226
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    18-02-2016 @ 06:47 AM
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    The 2.7 is a Benzine engine, I suppose that you could go for LPG.
    But I like Diesel engines.

    I have a 2.5 Diesel in my Forturer with 5 speed manual gear box.
    But I like the Hilux 4x4 for country driving in sits on the road better, after 500,890 kilometres.
    I'm looking forward to driving the 6 speed manual
    Right, don't want one of those benzine vehicles. Meant the 2.8 liter version.

    Need to stick with the auto transmission as the missus can't seem to learn a manual. That's OK tho as sitting in Bangkok traffic with a stick shift isn't too appealing to me.

    Might trade in my 2010 Hilux Vigo with 130k km on the clock before it hits 200k km.
    What do you want for your 2010 vigo? i am wanting a good one what colour and has it been in any prangs? serviced regular? get back soon, as i am back at the start of march. eddie.
    Hi eddie
    I don't think you would get a answer Boon Mee has not been around for a long time.
    Hey Buddy, Thanks for that, maybe gone home and not coming back, do you know of anybody wanting a good second hand 4 door pick-up?

  2. #227
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    It's been 1 year now & the Hilux 79,000 kilometres no problem with it at all only the colour blue.
    After a few miner scapes I need to change, so today I put the hilux in for service
    Went in to the sale section & signed up for new truck,ask the monks when I could take delivery of the new truck, answer 31 August would be the best day, asked Toyota, answer OK.

    So the 1 year old Hilux will be up for sale.

  3. #228
    Thailand Expat Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13,350
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?

  4. #229
    Member
    bindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    09-11-2020 @ 05:24 AM
    Location
    Sydney / Buriram
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

  5. #230
    R.I.P. Luigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Abuja
    Posts
    26,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Oi, LD, did you Hilux my photo to use as your Av?

  6. #231
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?


    LT Yes I do use it for work, 4 trips into Malaysia, a couple up to Chiang Mai, Udon ,Sisa Ket & today I'm of to Karat.
    I hope with the new one to lower the kilometres.

  7. #232
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

    I'm a manufacture, I have to go & fix up problem that my works, the delivery driver or the installer hide from me.
    The most kilometres I have travel in 1 week 5000 klm
    Some time its the Chinese product that I use fails

  8. #233
    Thailand Expat
    Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    22-01-2021 @ 03:39 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    12,476
    Hilux. I would never buy a truck that sounds like a detergent.

  9. #234
    Member
    bindog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Online
    09-11-2020 @ 05:24 AM
    Location
    Sydney / Buriram
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

    I'm a manufacture, I have to go & fix up problem that my works, the delivery driver or the installer hide from me.
    The most kilometres I have travel in 1 week 5000 klm
    Some time its the Chinese product that I use fails
    How has the Hilux been btw? With 79K under your belt you must know it pretty well by now eh? I know you are a Toyota fan, but is there anything about the Hilux you wish you could change?

    I will be buying something in about two years, planning to retire in around three. I had my heart set on the Ranger, but reliability and service are not words you associate with Ford / Ford Thailand. So if I can get past the Hilux's squinty face it may be at the top of my shopping list. At least it doesn't have the Mazda's dopey grin eh? (Yeah yeah, I know it's just a vehicle to some, but there is an emotional element.)

    I have read Hilux reviews that say it bounces around badly on uneven surfaces. And Thailand roads are that, at least where I'll be driving. But the 'car of the year' type awards here in Oz are beginning to go to the Hilux rather than the Ranger. They must be getting something right.

  10. #235
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,943
    Jeremy Clarkson on a Top Gear documentary drove a Hi Lux to the North Pole, it's available on YouTube

  11. #236
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    28-12-2020 @ 05:50 AM
    Posts
    5,412
    I drove an Isuzu from Khon Kaen to Nong Khai but it is not on YouTube.

  12. #237
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

    I'm a manufacture, I have to go & fix up problem that my works, the delivery driver or the installer hide from me.
    The most kilometres I have travel in 1 week 5000 klm
    Some time its the Chinese product that I use fails
    How has the Hilux been btw? With 79K under your belt you must know it pretty well by now eh? I know you are a Toyota fan, but is there anything about the Hilux you wish you could change?

    I will be buying something in about two years, planning to retire in around three. I had my heart set on the Ranger, but reliability and service are not words you associate with Ford / Ford Thailand. So if I can get past the Hilux's squinty face it may be at the top of my shopping list. At least it doesn't have the Mazda's dopey grin eh? (Yeah yeah, I know it's just a vehicle to some, but there is an emotional element.)

    I have read Hilux reviews that say it bounces around badly on uneven surfaces. And Thailand roads are that, at least where I'll be driving. But the 'car of the year' type awards here in Oz are beginning to go to the Hilux rather than the Ranger. They must be getting something right.
    I have looked at all the Mitsi, Nissan, Ford, Isuzu & Toyota.
    Went the Toyota Hilux drove near 600,000 klm sold it last year.
    This one I'm changing as the TGF don't like the colour.
    I will pickup the new one today.


  13. #238
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,771
    What will they give you in trade for the one year old truck?
    That's a pretty blue color, I'd tell the girlfriend to get used to it.

  14. #239
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    They will give fuck all so they did not sell it to them.
    I have a buyer for the truck I will give him a week to come up with the baht.

  15. #240
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    79 Ks in a year ? That's 4 times what I do here in Oz ! Do you use it as a work vehicle ?
    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

    I'm a manufacture, I have to go & fix up problem that my works, the delivery driver or the installer hide from me.
    The most kilometres I have travel in 1 week 5000 klm
    Some time its the Chinese product that I use fails
    How has the Hilux been btw? With 79K under your belt you must know it pretty well by now eh? I know you are a Toyota fan, but is there anything about the Hilux you wish you could change?

    I will be buying something in about two years, planning to retire in around three. I had my heart set on the Ranger, but reliability and service are not words you associate with Ford / Ford Thailand. So if I can get past the Hilux's squinty face it may be at the top of my shopping list. At least it doesn't have the Mazda's dopey grin eh? (Yeah yeah, I know it's just a vehicle to some, but there is an emotional element.)

    I have read Hilux reviews that say it bounces around badly on uneven surfaces. And Thailand roads are that, at least where I'll be driving. But the 'car of the year' type awards here in Oz are beginning to go to the Hilux rather than the Ranger. They must be getting something right.
    I have looked at all the Mitsi, Nissan, Ford, Isuzu & Toyota.
    Went the Toyota Hilux drove near 600,000 klm sold it last year.
    This one I'm changing as the TGF don't like the colour.
    I will pickup the new one today.

    What color did ya get Ratch? I liked the blue as well but went with the special pearl white on mine.

    I am clocking the Kms on mine as well. I have near 15k in 4 months on mine. It should slow down a bit going forward as I am not driving back and forth from Korat to Lampang as much. With a diesel we should be able to pull 300K easily. The Hilux is a pretty tough truck.

    speaking of Korat, how long you in the area?

  16. #241
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    25-01-2021 @ 03:16 PM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,237
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bindog View Post

    Hey hey, I was thinking the same thing - that's more than 1500km per week. Is Uber legal in Thailand or something?

    I'm a manufacture, I have to go & fix up problem that my works, the delivery driver or the installer hide from me.
    The most kilometres I have travel in 1 week 5000 klm
    Some time its the Chinese product that I use fails
    How has the Hilux been btw? With 79K under your belt you must know it pretty well by now eh? I know you are a Toyota fan, but is there anything about the Hilux you wish you could change?

    I will be buying something in about two years, planning to retire in around three. I had my heart set on the Ranger, but reliability and service are not words you associate with Ford / Ford Thailand. So if I can get past the Hilux's squinty face it may be at the top of my shopping list. At least it doesn't have the Mazda's dopey grin eh? (Yeah yeah, I know it's just a vehicle to some, but there is an emotional element.)

    I have read Hilux reviews that say it bounces around badly on uneven surfaces. And Thailand roads are that, at least where I'll be driving. But the 'car of the year' type awards here in Oz are beginning to go to the Hilux rather than the Ranger. They must be getting something right.
    I have looked at all the Mitsi, Nissan, Ford, Isuzu & Toyota.
    Went the Toyota Hilux drove near 600,000 klm sold it last year.
    This one I'm changing as the TGF don't like the colour.
    I will pickup the new one today.

    What color did ya get Ratch? I liked the blue as well but went with the special pearl white on mine.

    I am clocking the Kms on mine as well. I have near 15k in 4 months on mine. It should slow down a bit going forward as I am not driving back and forth from Korat to Lampang as much. With a diesel we should be able to pull 300K easily. The Hilux is a pretty tough truck.

    speaking of Korat, how long you in the area?

    It's along story JP ordered Monday took delivery Wednesday Pearl white as the
    Monks told the TGF 11.19am 31 August was good.
    If it did not happen then I would not have the new Truck.
    About Korat it more like Buriram than Korat
    Always done have the time.
    Next time JP we will have a beer

  17. #242
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi
    It's along story JP ordered Monday took delivery Wednesday Pearl white as the
    Monks told the TGF 11.19am 31 August was good.
    If it did not happen then I would not have the new Truck.
    About Korat it more like Buriram than Korat
    Always done have the time.
    Next time JP we will have a beer
    Sounds good Ratch, send me a PM when you are out this way.

    Btw, did ya get the truck and all good? 4 door or extended cab?

    I am enjoying the heck out of mine. Its fun to drive and comfortable.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •