Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 295
  1. #176
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    The reason so many ppl commit suicide in Pattaya is because they have to leave.
    I am trying to give you a break. Think before you post. As a human not a monger. JHC

  2. #177
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    I am trying to give you a break. Think before you post. As a human not a monger. JHC


  3. #178
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    And, of course, have a song written about it.






    shit. it wont play in my area. I think i heard it years ago on Mongers Syndicate

  4. #179
    The Bestest Expat Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Inside your head
    Posts
    5,187
    Pattaya thread bump weekend!!!

    How many can Socalled do?
    I reckon ten.

  5. #180
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,163
    I've just booked 3 nights in Pattaya for half term. Probably won't leave the hotel though..

  6. #181
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Pattaya thread bump weekend!!!

    How many can Socalled do?
    I reckon ten.
    It was cyrille and Chitty that did the 7/11 thread and the LB thread

  7. #182
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    It was a mod who 'did' the LB thread.

  8. #183
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Oh and come to think of it, a mod who 'did' the 7/11 thread too.

  9. #184
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Oh and come to think of it, a mod who 'did' the 7/11 thread too.
    Pretty sure you made the "I'm going to Pattaya in 2024 thread

  10. #185
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673

  11. #186
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,048
    ^ I have a few chicks on my Line app in Pattaya I could hook you up with Socal.




  12. #187
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Set aside your teenage obsession with flabby hookers, Pattaya attracts resident farang for entirely different reasons. They enjoy the availability of western foods and the company of other westerners. Enough supermarkets and restaurants aimed at providing for their needs food wise, and plenty of western themed sports bars. Some people’s lives do not always revolve around cheap shoddy sex.
    Have a nice day nob head

  13. #188
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Set aside your teenage obsession with flabby hookers, Pattaya attracts resident farang for entirely different reasons. They enjoy the availability of western foods and the company of other westerners. Enough supermarkets and restaurants aimed at providing for their needs food wise, and plenty of western themed sports bars. Some people’s lives do not always revolve around cheap shoddy sex.
    Have a nice day nob head
    Enough Switch. Enough.

    No amount of whinging about western food , Western bars and Western sports , is going to take away from the fact that you lost your much prized normie status when you moved to Thailand. Nevermind Pattaya !

  14. #189
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Enough Switch. Enough.

    No amount of whinging about western food , Western bars and Western sports , is going to take away from the fact that you lost your much prized normie status when you moved to Thailand. Nevermind Pattaya !
    I’m not the one whining. I’m giving an answer to your question. Pattaya restaurants , bars and supermarkets cater for western tastes. It been like that since it was a sleepy fishing village, converted to a US military R&R centre during the Vietnam war.
    Farang customers enjoy all the spin offs from that historical awakening. Ask any farang who lives there.
    Just as I enjoy quality Australian beef here in Bali, courtesy of tourism catering to the proximity of Australia and its tourists.
    Clearly I am happy and you are not. Get on with your childish crying.

  15. #190
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    normie status
    'Normal' just depends where you are.

    You regard the place where someone lives as being reflective of how interesting an individual they are. But that would be to argue that living in Pattaya automatically confers some sort of bravery and 'devil may care' individuality on a person.

    That's an incredibly dumb argument, but that clearly never puts you off in the slightest.

  16. #191
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    'Normal' just depends where you are.

    You regard the place where someone lives as being reflective of how interesting an individual they are. But that would be to argue that living in Pattaya automatically confers some sort of bravery and 'devil may care' individuality on a person.

    That's an incredibly dumb argument, but that clearly never puts you off in the slightest.
    I went out of my way to post the official and refined Normie definition. Anyone who lives in Pattaya cannot be considered a normie in any way.

    Normies stay in the geographical boundary of where they were born.

    I am not saying anyone who lives in Pattaya or joins a forum like this is some brave nomadic explorer. They just aren't normies. You are under estimating how lame normies are. It's not something to be proud of, being a normie

  17. #192
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,171
    Nor is labeling people as normies

  18. #193
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 03:08 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I’m not the one whining. I’m giving an answer to your question. Pattaya restaurants , bars and supermarkets cater for western tastes. It been like that since it was a sleepy fishing village, converted to a US military R&R centre during the Vietnam war.
    Farang customers enjoy all the spin offs from that historical awakening. Ask any farang who lives there.
    Just as I enjoy quality Australian beef here in Bali, courtesy of tourism catering to the proximity of Australia and its tourists.
    Clearly I am happy and you are not. Get on with your childish crying.
    Jeez, Chav(Chas) and his quality Aussie beef and his Bogan lifestyle in Bali.

    Must be good food in the salvation army.

    who the fek goes to Bali to live except low lifers..........

    Pattaya and western food hey. go to live in another culture and only eat western food, beggers belief, these new age backpackers........

    welcome to farangdom

  19. #194
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,564
    One never knows where to begin wondering about what chico is so desperately trying, yet failing, to say

  20. #195
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,982
    who the fek goes to Bali to live except low lifers..........
    They say the same about Pattaya.

  21. #196
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,709

  22. #197
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Pattaya and western food hey. go to live in another culture and only eat western food...
    The obviousness of your trolling...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    ...beggers [sic.] belief

  23. #198
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    2,594
    Given the situation right now, I would be only too happy to be sat by a hotel pool with a cold one- or at the very least know I can do this in December. That said, when the borders to open I would be more inclined to head to Koh Kood to chill out after this 2020 business.

  24. #199
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Koh Kood with a cold beer and seafood sounds a great call.

  25. #200
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,866
    Having lived in Pattaya since the 90's I will say this is the best time to be here that I've ever seen, by far. No Chinese tour buses or Indians holding hands looking for discounts, no Koreans swarming golf courses like fucking locusts, no anyone else from any other countries playing tourist, and it's just brilliant

    There's more than enough bars and restaurants and shops open to cater to everyone, and they're really appreciative of what business they can get. All sorts of deals and specials going on that are almost too good to pass up, you really need to be a member of the various local food/entertainment groups at a time like this to be able to keep up. Haven't seen a BiB road-block since about February, traffic is so much lighter, have never see the beaches so clean and deserted, and the only time it gets a little busy is on long weekends when the Bangkok crowd saddle up for a 3-4 day road trip.

    Of course I'm fully aware of the financial burden Covid has created for so many people in Pattaya but like everywhere else in the world, they've had to adapt and figure out some way to tread water till this passes. But until it passes, I can't think of anywhere in the world I'd rather be right now

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •