Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71
  1. #51
    Thailand Expat
    9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Location
    Hating but living in the 3rd world
    Posts
    5,511
    ^ Exactly. Well played I say to the uneducated farm girls in their 20's that constantly out-wit these old men with more money than sense. No sympathy here.

  2. #52
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    in Thailand the Law will always favour the Thai and the cash slipped into the palm further loads the processes against the fallang .
    Utter bollocks

  3. #53
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    in Thailand the Law will always favour the Thai and the cash slipped into the palm further loads the processes against the fallang .
    Utter bollocks
    I hadn't considered this beautifully expressed opinion .
    So of course you must be right .

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47 View Post
    Good points Wasp, what you say reminds me of a couple of guys who have nice Thai wifes and lovely children. I would say they are are in a relationship as you've mentioned. Also true they are much better of than they ever would be, to top it off the guys are very good to them, that is nice to see.
    Aren't all marriages really just a contract in much the same way as an old fallang teaming up with a young Thai ? When you marry you even sign a contract in front of your witnesses .
    And what you are agreeing to in a regular marriage in say Germany is not very different to what you are agreeing to in a Thai relationship .
    It's not about " love ". It's just about two people having their needs met .

  5. #55
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    You'd think a guy who had the wits to get that much in the first place would be smarter than to let some woman steal it from him.
    He WAS smart enough . That's the strangest part . He warned me and warned me and then did it himself .

    All because he felt he could TRUST her . Big mistake.

  6. #56
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Thank You Wasp,very interesting and I am pleased that you took the time to share this with us. I never tire of hearing of these warnings,it is what makes Thailand interesting and there are no Male equivalent of advice centers for Men in relationships with women.
    Today I was listening to a local Man,who married a Thai women and he was taken to the cleaners,he was in tears,and has been hospitalised 3 times because of the stress. She was ruthless,he was too kind.
    He thought he was saving her from a life in Pattaya.
    I gave him this web site today,so he may want to share his story one day.
    Basically what I have come to realise is this,I was raised in Christianity,god punished sinners,liers and thieves went to hell after death.The Christain principal of being kind to another,love your neighbour,help the poor,do good in your life.
    Then a Man with these basic western principals meets a HARDENED bar girl,she sings a seductive song. The Pattaya fiddler calls the tune and He is led on a merry dance.
    Does the women feel any quilt. No NONE at all.Her culture does not teach it.Her lifestyle hardens her and their are no reprocussions for her charming ways,only REWARD. And rewarded they are,life is good,the more they lie the greater the reward.

  7. #57
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    BobR :

    " I'm not sure which are worse; the girls who do this type of thing or the Thai Court System that always rules in their favor for no other reason than being Thai. One thing I can say about my home Country is that most Judges try to be fair and would not let something as silly as the nationality of the parties affect their judgment.

    Sadly it's sometimes those who are honest themselves and have never experienced gross dishonesty in others that stumble blindly into one of these traps.

    Also, no, these stories are not boring and they deserve to be repeated for the benefit of those who think they have found true love and lose their good judgment. "



    It has taken me some years to pin down why I think these things happen ...... apart from the outrageous greed of course ....... and I think we must be massively influenced by our Anglo-Saxon Christian backgrounds { even if we're not religious } so that we grow up believing and saying that lying is wrong .

    We still lie --- but we know it's wrong . But in Thailand , in India , in Pakistan , in Saudi , in Africa if you lie and that gets you what you want then you have done what you wanted . There doesn't seem to be any conscience about lying to achieve what you want . Here you're more likely to have people lie and then look at you and say " What can I do ? "
    " What can I do ? " should be the Thai National Anthem . Borrow money - promise to pay back - spend the money and then say " Cannot pay . No have . What can I do ? " Without any guilt showing . Then they are amazed when fallangs get furious about any lying .

    Lying is of no importance to them but in our Christian background lying is a big deal that can also get you jailed .

    __________________________________________________ _______

    Good comment and interesting timing; I had a Thai co-worker I've known for 6 years who left the school to start a business venture with some foreign friend from Britain. He always seemed Ok, was well liked at work and I never had any problems with him, in fact we got along fine and he speaks reasonably good English.

    He was talking about the new business venture last month and how was learning to export a product (I'm being deliberately vague) to the USA, Britain and Canada with his British partner, then he said "I'm learning how to do it and soon I'll be able to do it myself, I won't need him."

    I have not been able to get that comment out of my mind; it really shocked me, especially the way he said it. No embarrassment, no thought about that being a betrayal or that he is using someone, it really surprised and disappointed me, and I'm not even an involved party.

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    13-02-2019 @ 08:26 AM
    Posts
    116
    Shame for the poor guy, but he sounds like he had all his wits about him and at his age you would think he'd be wise enough not to put himself in that position..The condos were in his name, the warehouse business would be in company name you would assume, albeit she would be a shareholder, but he'd would have the lions share in that also...So for what reason would he give her power of attorney?? He wasn't lying in some hospital bed unable to access his bank account...I don't understand this really
    There was never a need to put the temptation in front of her..was with a mate the other night having dinner in a hotel, me him and our two women anyway at the end he gives his lady his ATM and tell her to go and pull 4k from the machine..to me that's daft, why wouldn't he just go and do it himself, then she would never need to know his pin..I've been with my lady for 12years and she don't know my pin and I don't know hers...Just don't put temptation in front of people when there's no need ..

  9. #59
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    29,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    You'd think a guy who had the wits to get that much in the first place would be smarter than to let some woman steal it from him.
    He WAS smart enough . .
    Um, no, if he was smart enough he'd still have his money.

  10. #60
    Member
    grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    26-05-2020 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    sydney by the beach
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47 View Post
    Good points Wasp, what you say reminds me of a couple of guys who have nice Thai wifes and lovely children. I would say they are are in a relationship as you've mentioned. Also true they are much better of than they ever would be, to top it off the guys are very good to them, that is nice to see.
    Aren't all marriages really just a contract in much the same way as an old fallang teaming up with a young Thai ? When you marry you even sign a contract in front of your witnesses .
    And what you are agreeing to in a regular marriage in say Germany is not very different to what you are agreeing to in a Thai relationship .
    It's not about " love ". It's just about two people having their needs met .
    I concur with my learned friend.

  11. #61
    Member
    grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    26-05-2020 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    sydney by the beach
    Posts
    907
    If this poor fellow has a few friends why dont they kick the tin and raise enough for a hit to be put on her and any b/friend?

  12. #62
    Thailand Expat
    davearn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    02-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,598
    Surely there would be grounds for a civil suit as the money was lost by participating in illegal activity - gambling is illegal in Thailand isn't it? - at least he can get her thrown in jail for or something. May never get the money back but the bitch can rot in hell for while.


  13. #63
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    It's just about two people having their needs met .
    ah, sure life in this crazy world is all about TRADE.
    Let's make a deal duck.

  14. #64
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    To Koojo .............. I say again He WAS smart enough . He clearly WAS smart enough --- because he warned me very specifically and more than once !

    So how could it happen then ?

    Fear of loneliness . Wanting to trust someone .Remember the title that started this thread said it's only the ones that you trust that can hurt you .

    And that's the whole point of the thread . No good you saying to me
    " Um, no, if he was smart enough he'd still have his money. "

    Because he WAS smart enough and he still got destroyed .............. and it was trusting someone that did it .

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
    Last edited by Wasp; 08-08-2013 at 03:36 AM.

  15. #65
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Thank You Wasp,very interesting and I am pleased that you took the time to share this with us. I never tire of hearing of these warnings,it is what makes Thailand interesting and there are no Male equivalent of advice centers for Men in relationships with women.
    Today I was listening to a local Man,who married a Thai women and he was taken to the cleaners,he was in tears,and has been hospitalised 3 times because of the stress. She was ruthless,he was too kind.
    He thought he was saving her from a life in Pattaya.
    I gave him this web site today,so he may want to share his story one day.
    Basically what I have come to realise is this,I was raised in Christianity,god punished sinners,liers and thieves went to hell after death.The Christain principal of being kind to another,love your neighbour,help the poor,do good in your life.
    Then a Man with these basic western principals meets a HARDENED bar girl,she sings a seductive song. The Pattaya fiddler calls the tune and He is led on a merry dance.
    Does the women feel any quilt. No NONE at all.Her culture does not teach it.Her lifestyle hardens her and their are no reprocussions for her charming ways,only REWARD. And rewarded they are,life is good,the more they lie the greater the reward.


    You seem very religious , wasabi . Very Christian .
    I was brought up to be religious though I'm not now . However I still admire and adhere to the things that Christianity instilled in me . Including feeling guilt if I lie .
    I do feel bad if I lie . And it astonishes me that people of a different culture can feel no guilt at all . But certainly - as you say - in Thailand there seems no guilt at all about lying , cheating , scamming . But it can devastate the poor soul on the receiving end .

  16. #66
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    BobR :

    " I'm not sure which are worse; the girls who do this type of thing or the Thai Court System that always rules in their favor for no other reason than being Thai. One thing I can say about my home Country is that most Judges try to be fair and would not let something as silly as the nationality of the parties affect their judgment.

    Sadly it's sometimes those who are honest themselves and have never experienced gross dishonesty in others that stumble blindly into one of these traps.

    Also, no, these stories are not boring and they deserve to be repeated for the benefit of those who think they have found true love and lose their good judgment. "



    It has taken me some years to pin down why I think these things happen ...... apart from the outrageous greed of course ....... and I think we must be massively influenced by our Anglo-Saxon Christian backgrounds { even if we're not religious } so that we grow up believing and saying that lying is wrong .

    We still lie --- but we know it's wrong . But in Thailand , in India , in Pakistan , in Saudi , in Africa if you lie and that gets you what you want then you have done what you wanted . There doesn't seem to be any conscience about lying to achieve what you want . Here you're more likely to have people lie and then look at you and say " What can I do ? "
    " What can I do ? " should be the Thai National Anthem . Borrow money - promise to pay back - spend the money and then say " Cannot pay . No have . What can I do ? " Without any guilt showing . Then they are amazed when fallangs get furious about any lying .

    Lying is of no importance to them but in our Christian background lying is a big deal that can also get you jailed .

    __________________________________________________ _______

    Good comment and interesting timing; I had a Thai co-worker I've known for 6 years who left the school to start a business venture with some foreign friend from Britain. He always seemed Ok, was well liked at work and I never had any problems with him, in fact we got along fine and he speaks reasonably good English.

    He was talking about the new business venture last month and how was learning to export a product (I'm being deliberately vague) to the USA, Britain and Canada with his British partner, then he said "I'm learning how to do it and soon I'll be able to do it myself, I won't need him."

    I have not been able to get that comment out of my mind; it really shocked me, especially the way he said it. No embarrassment, no thought about that being a betrayal or that he is using someone, it really surprised and disappointed me, and I'm not even an involved party.

    That attitude of " ... soon I'll be able to do it myself, I won't need him " is not a new attitude or by any means confined to Thailand .
    It happens all the time in many countries . Hairdressers do it . Solicitors do it . Estate agents do it . Bond dealers do it .

    But they don't usually SAY it as openly and as callously as your Thai acquaintance said it !!

    Again it's that feeling of having no qualms at all about doing somebody over !!


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

  17. #67
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by mpm View Post
    Shame for the poor guy, but he sounds like he had all his wits about him and at his age you would think he'd be wise enough not to put himself in that position..The condos were in his name, the warehouse business would be in company name you would assume, albeit she would be a shareholder, but he'd would have the lions share in that also...So for what reason would he give her power of attorney?? He wasn't lying in some hospital bed unable to access his bank account...I don't understand this really
    There was never a need to put the temptation in front of her..was with a mate the other night having dinner in a hotel, me him and our two women anyway at the end he gives his lady his ATM and tell her to go and pull 4k from the machine..to me that's daft, why wouldn't he just go and do it himself, then she would never need to know his pin..I've been with my lady for 12years and she don't know my pin and I don't know hers...Just don't put temptation in front of people when there's no need ..
    You're right . You're completely right . But the point of this whole thread is that it's the people that you trust who can ( and often will ) crucify you . That is my whole point .

    You're right he had no need to do any of the things that he did . He was stupid . But he wasn't thick --- because he had warned ME on about 4 occasions and yet he STILL went and did it himself !!

    Was he trying to show her how much he trusted her ? I don't know . Just don't know. But people need to be as sensible as you have been . DON'T for any reason give away PINs or Powers of Attorney ! Don't do it .

    As you say " Just don't put temptation in front of people when there's no need "

    And as I say .......... " It's only the people that you trust who can hurt you !!! "


    __________________________________________________ ____________________

  18. #68
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by davearn View Post
    Surely there would be grounds for a civil suit as the money was lost by participating in illegal activity - gambling is illegal in Thailand isn't it? - at least he can get her thrown in jail for or something. May never get the money back but the bitch can rot in hell for while.

    This is a whole new direction, Davearn . And it's a separate matter .

    In Court it was decided that as he gave her Power of Attorney she was deemed to be acting as his agent .
    So she was using power that he had freely given her and she had done nothing illegal against him .

    What she DID with the money is then a separate issue .

    Yes it's illegal . But there would be no recourse against her that would retrieve his money .

    So as you say ---- all that's left is the satisfaction of seeing her jailed .

    I would most certainly do that . He decided not to ............ and here's a bombshell for anyone who has been following this ----

    He is hoping they can patch things up !!!!

    Now don't go blasting me or him for that !!! There hasn't been a machine invented that could measure the depth of stupidity in this .
    But that's what he wants to do .

    Along with you Davearn I would derive much pleasure seeing her behind bars ........but such can be the fear of utter loneliness !!!

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    Last edited by Wasp; 08-08-2013 at 03:57 AM.

  19. #69
    Member youneverknow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    30-09-2013 @ 04:39 PM
    Posts
    535
    It's amazing how often you hear of Thais in debt due to gambling yet the courts and the police just can't seem to catch the people running the gambling. I think the guy deserves justice one way or another. The girl deserves whatever she gets from the law or otherwise.

  20. #70
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by youneverknow View Post
    It's amazing how often you hear of Thais in debt due to gambling yet the courts and the police just can't seem to catch the people running the gambling. I think the guy deserves justice one way or another. The girl deserves whatever she gets from the law or otherwise.
    The police don't catch up with the gambling scene because the Police don't WANT to catch up with them . They get a monthly kickback and that keeps them quiet .

    The girl ..... will get no punishment from the law because the law says she did nothing that technically was wrong .
    And sadly they are right .

    __________________________________________________ _______________________

  21. #71
    Thailand Expat
    Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    17-05-2020 @ 04:30 AM
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    If this poor fellow has a few friends why dont they kick the tin and raise enough for a hit to be put on her and any b/friend?

    That's an action that might give a few hours of satisfaction but it gets you into a jail that is truly truly horrific .

    I knew a guy in Pattaya who lost his girlfriend . He got a bit drunk and went round to her condo with a toy plastic gun . Police came and kicked seven shits out of him .

    I went to see him in the lockup in Pattaya ..... in a cell big enough for maybe 8 guys and there were about 70 guys in there and also some children. There were visa overstayers mixed with guys who had stabbed someone , guys who were just drunk , my idiot friend --- and children who had been brought in ' lost' . It was horrible . It really honestly was like Midnight Express .

    Idiot friend got 14 years but died in prison in 2 years .

    It's tempting to want to go and get your revenge against a bitch like that .
    It's not worth actually doing it .

    I tell you with utter belief . It's never worth putting yourself into a position where you can be jailed in Thailand .



    ************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •