Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Bonecollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    982

    The Coffee Thread

    Couldn't find an official thread for members to post their coffee finds/ fixes so here we go!

    Post your favourite coffees, coffee shops around Thailand and any information concerning the bean of life.

    The Coffee Thread-20220119_075304-jpg



    We picked up Duang Dee Hill Tribe Coffee in Tops for the absolute bargain of 99baht for 250grams of ground coffee. About us - Duang Dee Coffee : Inspired by LnwShop.com

    We also drink Wawee medium roast which is another great coffee. Waweecoffeethailand

    A really nice smooth taste, not too strong and not too weak and glad to know we are supporting some hill tribes.

    Don't be shy, tell us what you drink!

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    2,035
    we used to buy direct from them [5kilo at a time] they have many roasts and is the best in thailnd,i had to cut down on my coffee and no longer buy from them.they send it to you when ever you want.i still have their contact details if any one wants them.

  3. #3
    Member
    Bonecollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    we used to buy direct from them [5kilo at a time] they have many roasts and is the best in thailnd,i had to cut down on my coffee and no longer buy from them.they send it to you when ever you want.i still have their contact details if any one wants them.
    That would be great, PM me or just post here. I agree, a really good coffee.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    That would be great, PM me or just post here. I agree, a really good coffee.
    081-6029180 or 053-219361 name nong i am sure the business is run by a german.

  5. #5
    CCBW Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    10,003
    I routinely ride my bike to my local coffee shop. Not sure what brand coffee they use but all I have had there has tasted great and its nice place to sit and watch people go about their day.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    10,646
    I tried the Royal Project 100% Arabica coffee beans. following the recommendation of Cyrille. They tasted pretty good compared to the coffee I had bought earlier in Thailand. However, this morning, back in Germany, I had my usual Venetian blend and realised just how good it is.

    As always, I will be bringing my own coffee to Thailand on my next trip.

  7. #7
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    had my usual Venetian blend
    I heard that stuff can make you blind.

  8. #8
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    10,032
    We've been drinking a Filipino coffee which is really good and not very expensive. Kapedanlayan

    The Coffee Thread-masterblend-jpg

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Reg Dingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,429
    Get a bean to cup machine.

    Ground coffee goes stale after 30mins

    Whole Bean vs Ground Coffee: 3 Reasons You Should Be Buying Whole Bean | JavaPresse Coffee Company

    I know there's no Sainsbury in Thailandbut these are pretty good for a tenner per kg.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I tried the Royal Project 100% Arabica coffee beans. following the recommendation of Cyrille. They tasted pretty good compared to the coffee I had bought earlier in Thailand. However, this morning, back in Germany, I had my usual Venetian blend and realised just how good it is.

    As always, I will be bringing my own coffee to Thailand on my next trip.

    I prefer Robusta. Not a big fan of Arabica.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    7,090
    Coffee maker that must be at least 10 years old, coffee canister that was bought in the 90's but still seals perfectly. The 3 coffees on rotation are Starbucks Sumatra, Kenya, and Boncafe Caffe Classica.

    The Coffee Thread-20220124_101336-jpg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •