Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    Thailand Expat
    Scottish Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 05:25 AM
    Location
    Flying in and flying out
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    So how many did you have, gaz?
    I'm not bright enough to be a teacher. That's why I work on an oil rig.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    22-06-2020 @ 12:04 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    It's a step in the right direction for a Scot to be seen working anywhere.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Gary View Post
    I'm not bright enough to be a teacher.
    Neither is he

  4. #29
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,024
    Says the charlatan 'Maths teacher' winging it in...Hat Yai.


  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    2,501
    Any bar that combines ice cold beer and good Issan bar foods gets my vote. If I am paying top dollar for drinks, that's fine but I want a nice view to go with it.

    The Landmark
    Sofitel Soi 15
    State Tower

  6. #31
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Gary View Post
    I'm not bright enough to be a teacher. That's why I work on an oil rig.
    Right, so you haven't actually been there then.

    Your watering hole of choice, with the world as your oyster, is...Retox, Pattaya.


  7. #32
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandaloopy View Post
    Any bar that combines ice cold beer and good Issan bar foods gets my vote. If I am paying top dollar for drinks, that's fine but I want a nice view to go with it.

    The Landmark
    I assume you're not talking about 'The Huntsman' Pub.

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Posts
    14,524
    Christ, how one tires of the zeitgeist manifested by vacuous callow pretentious twats revelling in the conceit that they are somehow more blessed because they are drinking in some unlicensed pop-up third world hellhole drinking shebeen that will last no longer than a whore's smile once a wallet has been drained.

    Anyway, do they have a policy on charcuterie?

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    02-07-2020 @ 12:04 AM
    Posts
    14,655


    I was in Gulliver last week and I had a bag full of grocery, including German bacon, and got no problem to get in

    place is empty, and boring

    no girls, a lot of arabs wearing robes etc...

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    Scottish Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 05:25 AM
    Location
    Flying in and flying out
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Right, so you haven't actually been there then.

    Your watering hole of choice, with the world as your oyster, is...Retox, Pattaya.

    I've been there once with a girl who wanted to go. It wouldn't have been my choice because as you say I'm more of a Retox kind of guy. However, the beauty of living in SE Asia and working offshore is that you have the coin to drink anywhere you want. If I wanted to commute daily up to Bangers and piss it up in some pretentious joint full of dickheads I could. Getting paid a western salary and living here really does put it all in the palm of your hand. I will be in Retox on Sunday night to watch the football because that's how I roll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •