Page 400 of 413 FirstFirst ... 300350390392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408410 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 10309

Thread: Daily Moan

  1. #9976
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    I've got new carpets being fitted tomorrow so I've had to declutter for the fitters.
    We were gonna redo the living room carpet. We got a proper quote. I assumed it would be like $1500 or so. It ended up being $3200. So we scraped the idea. Shits expensive

  2. #9977
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Endless charity shop runs and the painting and decorating because the old walls looked shit when the furniture was moved.
    Don't paint round it what you redecorate you lazy fuk

  3. #9978
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,916
    I'm painting at the moment and moving furniture as well.

    Cannot believe how the former tenants didn't care about how filthy they left the house let alone living with the mess and pet hair everywhere.

  4. #9979
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    I'm painting at the moment and moving furniture as well.

    Cannot believe how the former tenants didn't care about how filthy they left the house let alone living with the mess and pet hair everywhere.
    I had a renter leave a car engine for me in the yard once.

  5. #9980
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by malmomike77 View Post
    Don't paint round it what you redecorate you lazy fuk
    I did that last time, hence my horror


    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Cannot believe how the former tenants didn't care about how filthy they left the house let alone living with the mess and pet hair everywhere.
    Pets create a lot of mess, hence most renter wont entertain pet owners.
    Funnily enough I only did a repaint and dpring clean six months ago and the place was well mucky in the hard to get to places.

    They should do that Aussie bond scheme were the tenant has to pay for a professional clean before the bond is returned.


    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I had a renter leave a car engine for me in the yard once.
    Fvcking priceless!
    Shalom

  6. #9981
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    7,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I had a renter leave a car engine for me in the yard once.
    You don't own a house, so how did you have a renter?

  7. #9982
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    25,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    filthy they left the house let alone living with the mess and pet hair everywhere.
    I'm surprised you don't have any "clean-up" and "no-pets" clauses, in your rent agreement.

    Take a deposit upon them moving in, to be refunded once the tenant has left. If your property cleanliness not up to your agreement, keep the deposit/employ a cleaner.

  8. #9983
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    7,983
    Ahh, tenants, those were the days

  9. #9984
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    7,983
    I do remember one bird didn't clean up her browser history and had searched for 'is swallowing sperm nutritious?'


    Coulda come to some sort of heath benefit agreement if only she asked.

  10. #9985
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    I do remember one bird didn't clean up her browser history and had searched for 'is swallowing sperm nutritious?'


    Coulda come to some sort of heath benefit agreement if only she asked.
    You/she included a computer with the tenancy?!

  11. #9986
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    7,983
    We have a lot of computers around the place. If she happened to have clicked on TD and signed in as Hillbilly, my apologies.

  12. #9987
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Posts
    4,627

  13. #9988
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,489
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    You don't own a house, so how did you have a renter?
    I owned a house in Abbotsford in the early 2000's. And one in Alberta that I sold in 2016

  14. #9989
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:01 AM
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    We were gonna redo the living room carpet. We got a proper quote. I assumed it would be like $1500 or so. It ended up being $3200. So we scraped the idea. Shits expensive
    That’s a crazy price, especially considering the entire trailer probably didn’t cost much more than that.

  15. #9990
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,510
    Damn phone wont turn on or indicate charging. Busy today and leave early morning tomorrow for a vacation trip. Could not be a worse time.

  16. #9991
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Posts
    4,627
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbound View Post
    That’s a crazy price, especially considering the entire trailer probably didn’t cost much more than that.

  17. #9992
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    7,309
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Damn phone wont turn on or indicate charging. Busy today and leave early morning tomorrow for a vacation trip. Could not be a worse time.
    Appears to be a common problem with iPhones at the moment.
    Apple forcing people to upgrade...


    My moan is that I've just come back home and the dog has christened the new carpet with some puke.

    Why do I bother..

  18. #9993
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    7,340
    ^ That's a shame. What made him throw up, do you think...?


  19. #9994
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Appears to be a common problem with iPhones at the moment.
    Apple forcing people to upgrade...
    Not an I phone and it turned to cheer. Where I live in Don Muang there are many shops that cater to the Air Force and they are good and cheap. Stopped in after being told twice it was simply broken. "Come back in 2 hours". Fixed 200 baht. I should put this in the cheer thread.

  20. #9995
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Posts
    4,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    What made him throw up, do you think...?
    Joe's cooking?

  21. #9996
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    "Come back in 2 hours". Fixed 200 baht. I should put this in the cheer thread.
    some things are great in Thailand and Asia, I'm sure Sausages could find a few things that work for him too

  22. #9997
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,510
    Quote Originally Posted by malmomike77 View Post
    some things are great in Thailand and Asia,
    Little things like minor repairs, getting keys made, shoes and glasses repaired are such a treat.

  23. #9998
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,616
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    such a treat
    ...well, certainly convenient...

  24. #9999
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,819
    ^^ Indeed, like getting a puncture on your step through in the middle of the wilds and you start pushing your beast and lo and behold around he next bend is a group of 4 houses, not even a hamlet and there is a bloke with a an oily extension to his house fixing motorcys, a small shop too and there you are sitting drinking a Chang Yai whilst he fits a new inner tube, all fixed and refreshed for the sum total of 120THB Priceless

  25. #10000
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Posts
    9,582
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Little things like minor repairs, getting keys made, shoes and glasses repaired are such a treat.
    My missus is the same (she's Malaysian). Her and her family can fix anything and they barely waste a thing.

    I'm constantly amazed by it, but I guess it shows just what waste we are used to in the west and the ease at which we spend money.

Page 400 of 413 FirstFirst ... 300350390392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408410 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •