Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Posts
    5,570

    Wanted - Lawn Mower

    We need a decent size 2nd. hand petrol lawn mower in reasonable condition. We can organise collection. .

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,887
    Good luck with that wish!

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Posts
    5,570
    Hoe very kind of you.

  4. #4
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Get a goat. Then you can charge others a small fee to have it graze on their land and keep their grass neat on a rotational basis.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    Get a goat. Then you can charge others a small fee to have it graze on their land and keep their grass neat on a rotational basis.
    We'd considered that. I've had goats in the past but it generally ended in tragedy.

    A good friend from TD asked if we'd look after a couple pf Jack Russel's for them and they slipped right in.

    i.e We adopted 2 delightful Jack Russel Terriers. Fearless, friendly and full of fun, 'till a good sized cobra got one and then whilst we were away for the day the two murderous bastards Bankeous twins that we'd also taken on consumed the final Bankeo did for the last one.
    Not a happy day.

    They're good dogs though.
    42

  6. #6
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,055
    Don't second hand mowers have their engines removed and put into a truck?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Hoe very kind of you.
    Yes, I have an abundance of kindness, always willing to share
    Trying to find a new mower here that wont fall to bits in the first year is hard enough, the only one i have come across is Honda, i have three mowers, all with petrol engine, small, medium and ride on, they are a bloody nightmare to keep running, there is always work required, finding a decent 2nd hand mower? will require a lot of luck & good fortune.

  8. #8
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    We'd considered that. I've had goats in the past but it generally ended in tragedy.

    A good friend from TD asked if we'd look after a couple pf Jack Russel's for them and they slipped right in.

    i.e We adopted 2 delightful Jack Russel Terriers. Fearless, friendly and full of fun, 'till a good sized cobra got one and then whilst we were away for the day the two murderous bastards Bankeous twins that we'd also taken on consumed the final Bankeo did for the last one.
    Not a happy day.

    They're good dogs though.
    wtf does that have to do with goats?

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat Jack meoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,579
    Hire Cy to eat the grass and talk about it on here......ZZZZZZZZZ

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:27 PM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,679
    get a bush cutter,wehave had ours for 8yrs.with only small repairs,get a reel with nylon gut instead of useing the steel blade.less than 4,000bht.from home pro.brand [europer].

  11. #11
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,904
    Go down the local lao khao shop and getta Somchai.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:27 PM
    Location
    nakhon ratchasima
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Go down the local lao khao shop and getta Somchai.
    only problem is the smoke and the smell of alcohol and butt ends around the garden.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Go down the local lao khao shop and getta Somchai.
    As long as I can walk and breath Somchai will never be allowed to use my lawnmower. You can be sure he'll fcuk the thing. Nearly 27,000 Baht worth of machinery is way too much to entrust to a Thai.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    I honestly can't see the OP get a second hand mower. Just as an aside I see lots of these being used around my neck of the woods. Safety equipment are optional.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Posts
    7,717
    Just last week bought in GH an electric Black&Decker for some 4K+, large wheels and a good security switch in the middle combined with both handles (unlike most of other types with a switch at one handle that never functions well), I am happy with it.

    Of course, pushed with 1 HP (Human Power)...

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,559

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,046
    ^ That's definitely fucked

  18. #18
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    I honestly can't see the OP get a second hand mower. Just as an aside I see lots of these being used around my neck of the woods. Safety equipment are optional.
    Those things are wicked scary. I hear them whizzing and the guy behind wearing flip flops.

  19. #19
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    As long as I can walk and breath Somchai will never be allowed to use my lawnmower.
    Same me. My tools are off limits. I only bring hired help to trim tall trees and clean my gutters. Falling out of a tree or off a 2nd story roof is not part of my retirement plan.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •