Last Online
    18-07-2010 @ 09:58 AM
    Greetings from a cold and damp Ireland..I'm looking for some info on living in Korat please.. My missus is from Korat. I visited a couple of years ago ,just to meet the folks etc. before tying the knot as it were. I did'ent see a lot at the time as I was otherwise engaged. However now that I am ready to retire(early) to LOS I am considering our options. She has a little place in Korat herself where we can live so I really am enquiring about the social scene. Specifically, Is there golf around Korat and if so any info please ?
    Doc

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    PLease don't take this as a hint as you are very welcome here but you might find this useful

KoratFarang.com - Index

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    27-11-2006 @ 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by housedoctor
    I really am enquiring about the social scene. Specifically, Is there golf around Korat and if so any info please ?
    Well, I don't golf and I don't go out much. There is at least one golf course very close to Korat and many within a short drive. There are several restaurants and bars where foreigners congregate. I suggest you also have a look at this forum:

Korat Farang Forum

Sorry, Thetyim, you must have posted yours while I was composing mine. I'm a little slow this morning.
    Last edited by buadhai; 04-11-2006 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Apology to Thetyim

Last Online
    29-06-2013 @ 07:44 AM

Life in Korat

Hi HouseDoctor,

Life in Korat is good, better than anywhere I have lived before in my 67 years. You need to consider learning Thai when you get here, there are plenty of good teachers. my neighbour is a golf enthusiast, practices on his front lawn each morning, I wake to the sound of his putting and chipping practice.

There is everything you might wish for in Korat, a city of 2.6 million, all flavoured with the Asian style of living. Mrs CQF is Thai and I enjoy the way things are here, it is not hectic like Bangkok, or heavily farang influenced like Pattaya.

You should play golf early in the day before the sun and heat get too much for mad dogs and Europeans, other wise it is really comfortable to live here.

Come and try it, I am sure you will like it.

CQF

Last Online
    05-12-2011 @ 11:09 PM
    Hi Housedoctor, I'm not really that qualified to say to much about Korat except to say that I have been a few times for visits and last October I spent more or less a month there albeit in the company of a nice young lady, I will be re visiting in April for a while, It is a lovely city, all the local Thai people that I had interaction with were very pleasant and helpul and welcoming.

There is plenty to keep people occupied during the day and in the evening also, I never managed to explore the ex pat side of life as I was pretty busy with the ex and her friends and their social scene but always felt safe and welcome wherever I went.

When I finally get my chance you can be sure that Korat and the surrounding area will be top of my list for settling in.

Good luck, bedtime

Last Online
    18-11-2013 @ 09:36 AM

?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    PLease don't take this as a hint as you are very welcome here but you might find this useful

KoratFarang.com - Index
    Where is Korat in relation to Udon Thani ? I tried to register on this web site,
    but could not. I also tried to google it but I can't get the hang of that map.

whittler

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    300km south of udon is Korat I think, if you go here and scroll to the bottom, type in "Nakhon Ratchasima" and it will give you the directions and map from Udon Thani to Korat, on google maps Korat is known as Nakhon Ratchasima.

Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 03:16 AM
    I have friends at korat,A nice city,but busy.I really like the mall.i was there last month and they had A motorcycle /car show there.it was nice.

Thread Information