Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-12-2020 @ 05:00 AM

A step up is needed for sure.

I am after a bit of advice, after seeing some of the photos that some of the members have posted here I have decided it is time to buy a decent camera.

Since about 2003 I have simply bought the latest Sony Cybershot camera, I am by know means a photographer but love taking photos of my son as he grows up, don't get me wrong I have managed to take some great photos and very fond memories but everytime I try to take action shots like my boy playing football or riding his bike the shots come out blurred.

Could anybody reccomend a camera for a newbie so to speak? A nice simple camera to help me get the action shots I really want.

Cheers

Special member
    Last Online
    @
    I've been after one of these for a while but am a bit skint at the moment,
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Red dragon
    I try to take action shots like my boy playing football or riding his bike the shots come out blurred. Could anybody reccomend a camera for a newbie so to speak? A nice simple camera to help me get the action shots I really want.
    Sharp football action shots.

How many thousand Dollars are you prepared to spend?

But seriously, a nice and simple camera for that purpose won't do.

You will need a DSLR. DSLRs too have automatic modes that make them reasonably easy to use for a start.

For action you need very short exposure times and without expensive equipment you get that only with a lot of light. Best would be you get a thin cloud cover rather than full direct sunlight. That gives you still a lot of light but reduces the sharp contrasts of full sun.

Nikon and Canon are good as you can chose from a wide range of extras.

Thread Information