R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Hotel Thong Pa Phum at SomJaiNuke near 3 Pagodas pass

The Hotel Som Jai Nuke is in the town of Thong Pa Phum, the only good thing about this town is that it is the nearest major town to the 3 pagoda pass, everything in town gets real sleepy as soon as it gets dark and things get a bit boring, it's a 90km drive onwards to get to the Burmese crossing point,Probably the nearest crossing point for people in Kanchanaburi, anyway this place has ants wars in the rooms, no bum guns or toilet rolls, you do get soap and towels and fan rooms start at 200baht per night, also you get a bottle of water.

Off road parking is available, and the room comes with a tv with Thai tv channels

Last edited by dirtydog; 30-09-2006 at 11:07 PM.

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Did you go all the way to 3 Pagodas Pass? I stayed in P Guest House many years ago (50B for a double room) - run by a very nice Thai lady.

I have some pictures but mostly on 35mm slide.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Yeah unfortuneately I did, what a foking waste of time, still that is for a new exciting thread

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    I did the journey from Kan to Sanklaburi (sp) in some shagged out jeep that had 3/4 of a turn of free play on the steering wheel. Fine in a straight line but corners needed a lttle delicacy.

The lake there had not been flooded that long ago so when we took a long tailed boat out you could feel the boat crashing through the branches of the drowned trees.

I rather enjoyed Sangklaburi it was restful. Is that big bamboo bridge still there?
    Lord, deliver us from e-mail.

Last Online
    06-05-2009 @ 01:10 PM
    Three Pagodas Resort. Right on the incline towards the Pagodas & the border. 300BHT for a bugalow very nice for a nights stop over.

Thread Information