Thread: Naklua Temple

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2021 @ 04:12 AM

Naklua Temple

Full-screenSanctuary of Truth
    more info »Naklua Soi 12, Pattaya, 20150‎

Sanctuary of Truth (Thai: ปราสาทสัจธรรม, also called Wang Boran and Prasat Mai) is a 105m wooden temple featuring contemporary fantastic religious art, currently being built in Pattaya, Thailand. The construction has been initiated and sponsored by Lek Viriyaphant, an eccentric Thai millionaire and patron of culture. Begun in 1981 and scheduled to be complete in 2025, it is in the style of the ancient ...

Just spotted this on Google maps and was a bit intrigued. Anyone been up there, and why will it take 44 years to complete?

Last Online
    @
    I actually think it will take longer than 44 yrs to complete, its been ongoing now for 25yrs (I think) and the last time I was there it looks well delapidated, by the time its done they will need to continue on from the beginiing replacing rotted ancient work.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Lek died and most of the money is now going into the Ancient City or Min Boran that he also started. Its in Samut Prakan. Nice place for a day visit. Can take your car, rent bikes or a golf cart to tour it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-02-2013 @ 08:22 PM
    Ancient City is a better deal, too, as the last time I checked it was roundabouts 500 baht to get into the SOT.

You can get a pretty good view from the beach:

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2021 @ 04:12 AM
    ^that's a nice pic, even got a farang couple in there to make it all post card like

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith View Post
    Full-screenSanctuary of Truth
    more info »Naklua Soi 12, Pattaya, 20150‎

Sanctuary of Truth (Thai: ปราสาทสัจธรรม, also called Wang Boran and Prasat Mai) is a 105m wooden temple featuring contemporary fantastic religious art, currently being built in Pattaya, Thailand. The construction has been initiated and sponsored by Lek Viriyaphant, an eccentric Thai millionaire and patron of culture. Begun in 1981 and scheduled to be complete in 2025, it is in the style of the ancient ...

Just spotted this on Google maps and was a bit intrigued. Anyone been up there, and why will it take 44 years to complete?
    been to S of T multiple times for photo sessions.

as mentioned 500 baht or so for entrance.

there is a dophin show on the premise as well. restaurant also. The grounds are nice and worth while seeing but the 500 baht is a little steep in price for what you get. Great place to spend time getting the right photo though.

As I recall the project is planned to be continuous and was started to create the venu for continued providing and maintaining skilled Thai teak wood craftsman.

if 500 baht is a drop in the bucket for you, I'd say go and check it out. If you are a photo buff, then it should be visited. Good photo op.
    "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....and it is all small stuff"

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand

Thread Information