Hello World
    Last Online
    @

Lightzone, photo enhancer for Mac/Linux/Windows

Lots of people here post photo threads and Im sure plenty have a digital camera. I use a Mac app called Pixelmator which is a bit like Photoshop but I sometimes just want to give my photo's a boost without delving into saturation and whatnot, also the automatic correction thingies dont always make photo's look any better.

This app might not be the most user friendly but it has a fair few presets that seemed to work OK on some of my photo's giving them a nice tone or better definition. The thing I like about this is that it gives you a preview of the effect you want to apply just by rolling over the effect in a menu so you dont have to apply it to see what it looks like.

This is a pay for app so Im just running the trial version for now, I may "acquire" it later by some means.

This should be OK for everyone from beginners to Bustak.

LightZone « lightcrafts
    The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth

DaffyDuck
    Quote Originally Posted by melvbot View Post
    This is a pay for app so Im just running the trial version for now, I may "acquire" it later by some means.
    Why? The developer not working hard enough for you?

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
    Why? The developer not working hard enough for you?
    Ive highlighted the critical bit and put it in red to make it easier for you.

DaffyDuck
    Ive highlighted the critical bit and put it in red to make it easier for you.
    Fair enough -- it's just that if there's a product that I effectively use frequently, and if it serves a critical function to me, *and* it's reasonably priced, I buy it.

Hence, I bought Pixelmator ($59 - which I use on a daily basis),I didn't buy Creative Suite (or Photoshop), which I also don't use.

It's just that far too many people use a sense of entitlement to justify not paying for anything, that it would be commendable to make a point about purchasing worthwhile products, instead of acquisition by 'some means'.

Hello World
    Last Online
    @
    It's just that far too many people use a sense of entitlement to justify not paying for anything, that it would be commendable to make a point about purchasing worthwhile products, instead of acquisition by 'some means'.
    You seem to be assuming that I dont pay for any software at all when I do.
    Heres a list for you

Pixelmator
    CSS Edit
    Vector Designer
    1 Password
    App Zapper
    Garage Sale
    Rapidweaver along with these plugins Payloom, Blocks, Kwix, Collage 2, BlocksBox theme from Jonas Themes
    XSlimmer
    Yummy FTP

Any other software that hasnt been paid for is in either trial mode or has been downloaded from torrents in order to try the full version before considering a purchase.

I do have some cracked/torrented software which I use which is so ridiculously priced that for the amount of times I use it over a year I justify not paying for it. I prefer spend that cash supporting smaller developers who offer a quality product at an affordable price.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    I support OpenSource and it's free

DaffyDuck
    You seem to be assuming that I dont pay for any software at all when I do.
    The words I used were 'far too many people' - nowhere did I imply that you had a frequent habit of not paying.

My argument was more about not giving others an excuse to do so, by being nonchalant about piracy. That's all.

I do have some cracked/torrented software which I use which is so ridiculously priced that for the amount of times I use it over a year I justify not paying for it. I prefer spend that cash supporting smaller developers who offer a quality product at an affordable price.
    Ditto!

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    I wonder how many software Quack Quack has cracked and using illegally

Thread Information