R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Chiang Mai Saloon/Mexican Food

This was the place we had the TeakDoor meeting last week, as the food was so good we decided to go back on Sunday.

It has 2 lcd screens and a projection screen to watch the football plus also a free to use pc, although it had a really slow connection

The best bit about this place is Margaritas for 55baht, the worse thing about this place is the service, even the farang owners were getting pissed off with it, I mean 15 minutes is a bit long to wait for a drink to my mind.

The place is all done out in wood and to really give it that Mexican feel the electric mains cables were run along the wall near the ceiling, although maybe the standards in Mexico have improved since I was last there.

It is a double open fronted shophouse that has doors that can be closed so they can turn the aircon on, it was a bit warm until they closed off the front, I think I would have had one side closed and the aircons on to keep customers happy, might cost a bit in electric bills though.

The menu is extensive and all the food we tried was really great, it was also the first time I have had chili poppers and they were pretty damn good, no pictures of them though as that was the teakdoor meeting night and my camera is too big and the punishment too severe.

Anyway I had the Nachos with shredded chicken, yep it was done properly actually for the prices they charge it was exceptional, 110baht for this.

The others stuck to the 180 grams imported beef burgers, I believe during our weekend there xzyte had about 5 of them so they must be good, cant get anything like that for 150baht in Pattaya.

Attached Files Attached Files

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    14-05-2014 @ 05:06 PM
    The hamburgers were huge.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I told ya Chang Mai has the best western food and its even cheaper than Pattaya. Stupid fuck me didnt go.

punk douche bag
    Last Online
    @
    Stupid fuck me didnt go.
    AO
    We have been waitng for you since before christmas.
    It was a lovely weekend and i think the people who came enjoyed it, thanks to frankie's big efforts.

It was a case for me of online friends becoming real and that was good.

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    This new place is coming along nicely. Although with new staff & farang management there are som edges they are working on. I still prefer the old one for a quick bite and a quiet afternoon beer or two. It is much smaller and most of the stafff have been there for good while.
    I think that they've done a fantastic job of gettin the new cooks up to snuff with the Western Food prep. Large place and fills up to a comforatable level. Not sure of the selection of movies or Music DVD they have at he new one but they have a policy of showing customer requested movies and vids during the day. Great place to people watch, catch a Roy Orbison video and nibble on Bar food, on a lazy afternoon.
    Tey have a 150 gr Thai-beef burger with fries for 90 baht. The thing is just a tad smaller on the meat side but otherwise the same burger. The beef is Juicy and tasty. I usually go for one of those. Seeing Xzyte shovel a couple them big boys down I had to switch over. what the hell an extra ounce a meat's not kill me is it?
    We sat outside the second night and the girls certainly did forget the Dogs Margerita, Farang owner went and reminded them, still took a while too long after that.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -- T. Jefferson

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    CMN, I really feel bad, but I am a dad and things came up that made it better to stay and work than go. I have apologised to Frankie, but not to you. I am really sorry mate and must find a way to get up there.

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    Bus
    Plane
    Train
    Car
    Motorcycle

Drive up to Khron kaen cut over at Hiway No. 12 through Phitsanulok, then Sukothai to Tak, Turn right
    Or...
    Well you get the idee
    Lot's a ways.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    It was a case for me of online friends becoming real and that was good.
    Which was probably good since if they hadn't turned up you would be wondering if they were real or not.

A bladdy woman
    Last Online
    29-04-2009 @ 05:13 PM
    Somewhere I belong but it won't be last long
    I promise myself that I will drive to CM one day.

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    It's a great drive. Take the back roads and use up a couple of days doing it. Gonna drive up to Mae Sod next week I think. The hill roads are loaded with switchbacks and breath-taking views. Cool (ish) drive too!

Thread Information