My kind of town
    Last Online
    @

Bang Saen Questions

Mrs. Chi and I are are going to be celebrating our anniversary soon and she is wanting to go to Ban Saen.

Is it worth going there?

Is there a hotel / resort there for 800 to 1000 baht? I read DD's thread on the Bangsaen Resort and was put off that place, so looking for suggestions other than that hole in wall.

Any farang eateries other than the Scandinavian pub?

Any romantic get aways for a nice dinner? Possibly on the beach?

TIA!!!!

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Everything you ever needed to know about Bang Saen

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Yep. Been to that thread and enjoyed the info DD.

Looking for something better and read your review -

"I needed farang food so this had to do, would probably have been better if I just went to a 7/11 I think."

and

"all in all a pretty crap experience "

and

'Not even Heinz ketchup." - did you fill out a customer complaint form?

Last Online
    @
    Mate at the end of day Bang Saen is the place your missus wants to go and just flow with the punches and to make her happy.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the place apart from the few Restaurants we have dined in.

Good luck and have a nice time!

Last Online
    @
    There is a pizza hut,kfc but need to get Baht bus to opposite the university.There is a seafood restaurant which has a outside restaurant better then going on the beach lots of mosquitoes at night .Bang Saen is a weekend get away for Thais so Falang not really catered for.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Are you refering to the shopping mall that used to be opposite the university in Bang Saen? Note I use the words "Used to be", that is now a building site?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-02-2012 @ 08:44 PM
    Was there 7 years ago, the sea was dirty, the beach not so clean, the food near the beach ok and the town boring as hell. Been there, saw it and forgot it.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Are you refering to the shopping mall that used to be opposite the university in Bang Saen? Note I use the words "Used to be", that is now a building site?
    Yes there is a building site in front of the mall was there last month so was the shopping mall,has it been shut down now.

Last Online
    @
    I don’t have much to add to the thread, but since I try to visit Bang Saen at least once a week I can tell you this, during rainy season the beach water at Bang Saen is dirty,…the silt washing down the slopes along the rivers that lead/deposit into the Gulf during rainy season brings dirty water along some parts of the coast, but during this part of the year (cold season?) the water is clear, for the most part. Each and every day there seems to be a beach crew (a loader, two small dump trucks and about six people working with hand tools) that moves up and down the beach that will clean the debris from the pervious day.

During the weekend,….it is the place where Thais visit (a lot from BKK) for a “Day at the Beach”. It is difficult to get a parking spot (3 rows deep with cars, parking) during the weekend after 10am, this time of year.
    Western food? I don’t have any idea except I do know at the “Tide” (which can be quite pricey) has good food and they do serve western food (no grits or hash browns but you will find potatoes at breakfast). A couple of weekends ago I was there eating breakfast and ate their French Toast for the first time,.it was great. They will also make you any type omelet you want. One price for breakfast per person and it’s all you can eat (I think). When we visit (over night stay) we get a complementary breakfast ticket to eat.

During the day you can rent equipment to do kite surfing, wind surfing even a jet ski if you like (by the hour). The locals have devised a new way to make money from the visitors and will take you and your spouse sailing for about an hour,….sail away from the beach in a small wooden boat out about 1000 meters and then turn around and head back to the beach. The cost might be about 350 baht. You can not miss the sail boats up and down the beach with their colorful sails.

You can sit at the beach under an umbrella for 30 baht (each person) a day and be pampered. Vendors will walk by and try to sell you almost anything,..foot massage, food, beach toys for the kids, etc (that can get a bit tiresome). The person who rented you the seat will get you almost anything you like,…….if they don’t have it they will ask someone close to them to get it for you (different types of Thai seafood).

I don’t know where you can stay for the price you are willing to spend but I do know there are at least three hotels along the beach. One of hotels might rent rooms for the price you like.

It’s not the beach I am used to but it is close to home (BKK) and I can get to and from in about an hour, each way. You might enjoy yourself.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks for the replies. I am not too impressed at this point. We are now looking at two places to stay, but not sure ye.

http://www.lecasa-bangsaen.com/web/

1500 to 3000 baht

and this one

The Tide Resort- Luxurious Boutique Hotel Thailand

^ The music on the website put me off.

rooms from 2,8000 baht to 18,000 baht for a suite

I am now suggesting other places in Thailand to her!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Mate, I reckon Baen Sang is alright.

There is loads of places to stay along the beach in the 600-1200 baht per night category, and quite ok too. Private bungalow with bathrooms etc.

try it.

Last Online
    08-01-2020 @ 05:19 PM
    I have been living in Bangsean, on and off, now permanently on, for two years.
    Just a few points;
    The Lam Theong shopping centre is still open for business. The construction is in the car park out front, When its finished the old centre will close dwon, be demolished and a multi story car park will be built. Currently, parking is behind the shopping centre in a small field!
    The beach is not white but beige but is given a cursory clean every morning of the debris etc.
    The sea is not crytal clear or even blue but gray/brown due to the silt in the water and it is very shallow for a long way out.
    Dry season it is clearer, wet, less so.
    Only hotel of any real quality is the Tide Resort, ignore the music, it is great!
    Other hotels I haven't tried but I am told some are OK, aircon and shower for 600 baht.
    If you want to eat near the beach then try the Sea Horse (with live band) or Suthep Seafood Restaurant (no music at all!). Good Thai food at both. Go to the back of the big roundabout and turn left along the beach, Sea Horse is about 1km and Suthep is 500m further. There are several places to eat along here but I haven't had time to try them all yet.
    There are many good restaurants here in Bangsean but all are Thai. I eat out at one particular place up near Sukhumvit Rd. I call it DabJab because that's what it sounds like to me, with my wife and her parents. We have five or six dishes, two beers, two cokes and never more than 800 baht. Mind you, it's a concrete floor, wriggly tin roof held up with wooden poles, but nothing wrong with that!
    It is not a holiday destination but for a short stay close to BKK then it is not too bad.
    There is nothing beautiful about the place! Apart from the missus of course!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Dont do it unless the wife really has her heart set on it. The Tides is a rip off at 1,000 baht per night more expensive than comparable beach hotels anywhere in Thailand.

Its the kind of beach you sit and eat. Chairs and inner tubes are the big ticket items. You can ride bicycles built for two up and down the beach promenade, thats about it.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Theres a quite pleasant Thai seafood restaurant up on 'Monkey mountain' on the edge of Bang Saen. It's easily covered from Bkk in a day trip- don't think I'd bother overnighting in BS.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Looking at every single guesthouse there with the sign saying 150baht for 3 hours I doubt most people stay over night in Bang Saen

Thread Information