Last Online
    08-06-2006 @ 11:26 AM

Samui Building Costs & Builders?

Bought some beach land in Samui a while back and are now looking to build. We're looking for recommendations for builders, architects - basically everything to build a house. This would be an investment to either rent out or for resale so the quality should be very good with luxury touches so that it is rentable to the upscale market.

I would go to Samui frequently to check out the progress but I was wondering if anyone could recommend some some contractors, etc. So far we have been quoted from THB15,000 - 45,000/sq.m. so any advice would be greatly appeciated. Should we go with a big company vertically integrated so they do everything or with a several local companies? I have only heard bad things about going with local companies but just can't believe everyone has been burned.

Thanks in advance!

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Go with a big company, expect it to take 2 times longer than they actually say and then everything should be hunky dorey

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by samuibound
    This would be an investment to either rent out or for resale so the quality should be very good with luxury touches so that it is rentable to the upscale market.
    Should we go with a big company vertically integrated so they do everything or with a several local companies?
    Big company since you want to make a high quality/luxuary home and only expect to come here 'frequently' to check out the progress.

Smaller company only if you have good building experience and can stay at the site during construction.

There's now a construction/estate company in every second shophouse here, some are good, some are just ok, and some are bad...

Luxuary, expensive but with extremely good reputation is :

http://www.samuivillasandhomes.com/

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    ^ nice link, thanks

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    I think I found my beach house project

Last Online
    @
    Build two, and my wife and I will rent one.

Last Online
    Thanks very much for the advice to go for the big builders. Anybody have specific recommendations on who to contact?

Also, does anyone know the costs per sq. m. to build a high quality house in Samui? We are hoping to be as gather as much info as possible before interviewing builders and your advice is invaluable - thanks!

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Your Best bet is to get the contractor to price for all concrete, walls,electric runs,plumbing runs and roof work, the fittings buy yourself and get him to quote a labour only price for that, ie toilets start from 2,000baht and go upto 50,000baht, and they don't even cover 1sq met, shower heads start at 100baht and go upto 30,000baht, this is the way we normally do it as the customer generally is too lazy initially to list the stuff he wants.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    Thanks very much for the advice to go for the big builders. Anybody have specific recommendations on who to contact?

Also, does anyone know the costs per sq. m. to build a high quality house in Samui? We are hoping to be as gather as much info as possible before interviewing builders and your advice is invaluable - thanks!
    Expect anything between 12m to 18m for a 1200 sq. meter house (3 floors of 400 sq. meter)

Last Online
    Wow, the costs mentioned are much more reasonable than what I heard so far from a big company (THB45K/sq.m. + 10% architect fees).

So does anybody have recommendations for builders & architects?

Thread Information