View Poll Results: Would you play with this snake?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • No foking way

8 100.00%
  • Yes I would love to

0 0%

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Man Versus Cobra.

Well last night after a nice meal down soi diamond we decided to have a few beers down walking street, and continue our pursuit of sexy women, Plus to see where the happy hours were, anyway we came across the man against beast show, yep when they aint got the Thai boxing going on they do the idiot torments one of the most venomous snakes in the world.

Obviously it's quite rare that the tormentor actually get's bitten, but there were several hundred people there all living in hope that maybe, just maybe, this time he will get bitten, and yes I have to admit I was there ready with camera in hand hoping for some real good snake action shots, hell who needs to see the goldfish in pussy show when you might get the chance to film the last few moments of a snake charmers life and then see the crowds in mass hysteria as the snake wanders off towards them, yep, If it had of happened I could have sold the video, alas it didn't so it's a pretty boring clip of a thai guy tormenting a snake for our amusement.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dis-member
    Last Online
    18-03-2024 @ 07:17 AM
    I went to the snake farm in Bangkok once where they told the crowd that there are several types of Cobra.

One strikes downwards so you have to hold it by the head, another strikes forward, so it can be held about a foot down from the head. Could have been all BS of course - and no, I aint volunteering to practice with different snakes to find out which is which.
    Lord, deliver us from e-mail.

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    all cobras strike in a downward arc. Some do seem to make a more outward strike but it is just the angle they hold their head. Cobras don't coil so they really can only strike within the radius of their standing height (about 1/3 their length?) when striking. next tme one of you guys run up on one of these fellers could you verify this for me?
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -- T. Jefferson

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I was in this snake farm in Florida one time, they had a pit full of rattle snakes, so there we are all seated round waiting for the show and this guy walks into the pit in a pair of wellys, his wellys must have been bitten by about 20 of the buggers, bloody horrid creatures, the show was good and they milked the snakes for their venom and that, at the end he asked everyone to get their cameras ready, grabs a snake and a balloon, yeah I fell for it to, how ridiculous trying to take a picture of a snake bursting a balloon, it's like trying to take a picture of a bullet, good show though

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    Rattler sure are a different animal than the cobra ain't they? Fat, short fuckers very much like the Russells Viper.
    FAST and they do strike out! I've seen a young one come off the ground striking at this dude was trying to kill it. Wasn't really coiled, either never would have believed it if I wasn't watching. This guy hated snakes and loved beer. Shake a rattle 'round the campfire and he'd be tearin' up the camp lookin for a snake to kill.
    When I was workin in forestry we'd tear into year old brush piles in the spring to move 'em to a good, safe burn place, occasionally we'd run into one that was fulla rattlers; groggy, still not fully awake.
    We just made the area safe to burn 'n fired it up.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    05-12-2007 @ 03:50 AM
    don't care much for snakes, i've lost a couple of nightwatchmen to black mambas while in Chad, also knew a missionary that got spat in da face one of them cobra sputans, Rev. Taves, lucky ole bastard, was nearsighted hence wore spectacles.. hence kept on living

knew another guy an anthropologist that got bit by a puff adder .. he was a tad less lucky, didn't die but the bitten leg had to be amputated

I don't like snakes at all..nope.. nasty critters in my books!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    I was in this snake farm in Florida one time

good show though
    The middle was good as well, but it was these two bits that brought a tear to my eye.

This is not my avatar
    Last Online
    @

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I have another 2 episodes of the snake tormentor tormenting the snake, would you like to see them?

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    of course! Take your time i won;t open wndows again til tomorrow

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Ok the second video clip of where the bstard still lives and the cobra aint yet won, we live in hope that one day the cobra wins this battle

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    HI GUESTS, remember you do need to be a member to view these videos, so stop clicking on them until you sign up, hey and guess what, it is free to sign up

A bladdy woman
    Last Online
    29-04-2009 @ 05:13 PM
    Somewhere I belong but it won't be last long
    no way! it's scary as much as a needle!

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by friscofrankie
    all cobras strike in a downward arc. Some do seem to make a more outward strike but it is just the angle they hold their head. Cobras don't coil so they really can only strike within the radius of their standing height (about 1/3 their length?) when striking. next tme one of you guys run up on one of these fellers could you verify this for me?
    I'll verify what you've said - your spot on! Being an amateur Herper (no, not Herpes), I've raised, bred, and handled many snakes. Did a few reptile shows at a zoo in Maryland, USA, several years back. I still voted "no-way" in the poll. I've kept many venomous snakes, including the monacle and king cobra, but never "freehand" handled any of them.
    Geo

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    That bloke is fekkin' mad!

Northern Hermit
    Last Online
    @
    listened to a guy at the Snake farm in BKK complaining to his coworkers about a King cobra nipped him on the finger tip. Not at all worried about the bite; sounded a bit relieved it wasn't more serious though. Not a job for me They don't seem as agressive as Rattlers.
    If I'd walked as close to a rattler as I did that cobra the other day I'd a got hit sure as shit.

Last Online
    @
    ...how ridiculous trying to take a picture of a snake bursting a balloon, it's like trying to take a picture of a bullet...
    DD, here's a striking picture of a balloon snake. It didn't seem too difficult to get this shot.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Hmmm, That wasn't quite what I meant George....

Anyway next up was the man versus man show, yep the old Thai boxing, It's quite obvious that these 2 do not like each other

Last Online
    @
    ^
    ...the show was good and they milked the snakes for their venom and that...
    Maybe I can make up for my strange humor by showing the proper way to milk a rattler.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-11-2023 @ 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious George
    ^
    ...the show was good and they milked the snakes for their venom and that...
    Maybe I can make up for my strange humor by showing the proper way to milk a rattler.

Mmmmmm - milk......

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    This time I think the snake won

Thread Information