R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Chiang Mai Immigration disputes recent “Immigration Requirements For Retirement Visa”

Chiang Mai Immigration disputes recent “Immigration Requirements For Retirement Visa” story
    CMM Reporters
    A recent Chiang Mai Mail issue contained an article stating that “The Immigration authorities have issued new requirements for foreigners wishing to apply for a retirement visa, including the need to have an ATM card and a credit card.”
    A representative of Chiang Mai Immigration has stated that it is not necessary to hold a credit card in order to obtain a retirement extension, nor is it necessary to present a copy of the details of any cards you may hold. Current requirements for the issuing of a retirement extension have not changed.

As the remainder of the article may possibly cause confusion, current requirements are as follows:

The applicant must be aged 50 years or over, and must hold a Non-Immigrant Visa.
    Proof of income of not less than 65,000 baht per month, or, 800,000 baht held in a Thai bank account for the past three months, or, annual income plus Thai bank account deposit totalling not less than 800,000 baht at the date of application. Letter from Thai bank confirming amount in account, bank pass book plus copies of all pages. Letter from consulate or embassy stating confirmation of income if applicable. Proof of residential address, rent book, or letter from consulate or embassy. Completed form TM7, passport and copies of passport visa and ID pages, plus 4 x 6 cm photos as required.

Chiang Mai Mail

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks, I needed that, mine comes up in 4 weeks time.
    No mention of the 1900 baht fee. Has that been waived

Mea-Culpa
    Last Online
    31-10-2018 @ 03:57 AM
    Good news for you Chiang-Mai boys, the hell-woman from Korat has been prometed to "Sarawat" and her new job location is......Guess....

Last Online
    15-12-2015 @ 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    Thanks, I needed that, mine comes up in 4 weeks time.
    No mention of the 1900 baht fee. Has that been waived
    Nope. It still applies.

Thread Information