Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Thai scum at Thai Bus stations

Why are Thai bus stations filled with the scum of the earth, last couple of days I have been to 4 different scum filled bus stations and their blatant lies still amaze me.

First stop was the Pattaya bus station, I was absolutely stunned there, the staff that sell you the tickets always short change you, I mean it's a well known Pattaya fact, they have ripped off everyone I have ever known over the years, every single person has had to ask for their full change, so as per normal when the bitch gave me my change I didn't bother checking it and just kept my hand held out for the rest of it, did I feel stoopid when I realised she had made a mistake and given me my full change, maybe a look forward into the future of Thailand?

So off I goes to Morchit bus station in Bangkok, had to go there due to time restraints, I set off too late, anyway get to Morchit and my main concern is to have a cigerette, so there I am smoking away like a trooper surrounded by the great unwashed telling me what a great taxi deal they will do for me to take me to the Southern bus terminal in Bangkok, so as I got about 3 minutes of smoing time I payed the wasting their time game, yep for a bargain 200baht they would take me in their luxury taxi meter taxi that the meter didn't work on, hmmmm, time to walk to the meter taxi queue and just get the normal taxi, 105baht and I am at The southern bus terminal in Bangkok, what makes these foing idiots tick? If they spent as much time giving a good service rather than ripping people off they would make real good money and get repeat customers, why are so many Thais so scummy?

So get to Hat Yai, fok that coach was a piece of shite, 12 hours sat outside the foking toilet with a busload of Thais with stuff that had crawled up their arses then died all having a good old pony in there, the bus was so noisy there was no chance of sleep, so use the train, it may take a couple of hours longer but at least you got a door between you and the toilet door.

Hat Yai you get surrounded by the scum again, these scum are trying to sell you everything from bus trips to hotels rooms to their daughters, yep, pretty foking awful, anyway all I want is a mini bus ticket to Penang, so as the bus station is surrounded by these ticket agents I just go to the nearest one, this place was called RUNGRAT TRAVEL or something like that, 450baht for a mini bus ticket didn't seem too bad although one of the scum had followed me in pretending that he was sort of with me, I mean it was nearly 300baht a couple of years ago, so here I am sitting in Penang looking at this price list with mini buses to Hat Yai for 250baht, hmmmmmm, foking ****s the lot of them......................................

rungrat travel is right near where the bus stops before it goes into the bus station, it maybe called RUANGRAT, anyway it is the only one with a name like that so you know which rip off **** to avoid.

Bounced
    Last Online
    20-05-2021 @ 02:46 PM
    Nice rant. But why didnt you fly to Penang instead of wasting time on a hellish bus?

I am in Jail

Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 05:37 PM
    I was shaken-down at Ekamai bus station.

Enjoying a roll-up cigarette, a bunch of coppers decended on me & made me empty my pockets while they peeled apart my smoke. Wouldn't you know it, I had about 200 baht worth of grass on me.

To cut a long story short, I gave them 20,000 baht & was off on my way. It was only afterwards I found out that sometimes, scammers dress as police for this very reason around the bus station.

I've no idea if they were genuine cops or not.

watterinja
    ^ Apparently MoChit is rife with scams like that. Normally they shake down the Burmese, Laotians, Cambodians. You have a heavy tan?

ding ding ding
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Why are Thai bus stations filled with the scum of the earth
    Same the world over, the non scumbags have cars etc etc.

Ever used national express in England?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I actually find Thai bus stations a relief compared to the South American bus stations and train stations I've been through.

A Cockless Wonder
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    ^ Agree. The hispanic third world bus stations you are lucky to get away with your wallet and passport still in your pocket. Mexico is the only place I have ever been robbed at knifepoint.

Last Online
    25-06-2023 @ 03:57 PM
    Was at a bus station on Saturday in Det Udom, near Ubon Ratchathani, and had similar scummy characters trying to coerce me into their luxury tuk tuk to go the 15 kilomter journey for about 20 times the price of the 20 Baht Songthaew. As I left them to a fight broke out among them and two of the guys knocked seven shades of shit out of each other. Didn't know why but it was an interesting spectacle at 7am...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2021 @ 04:12 AM
    Yeah, why not fly?

ding ding ding
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith
    Yeah, why not fly?
    One Two Go is fresh the in mind?

watterinja
    Change of name to One Two Flesh... may be more appropriate... a total disaster

I am in Jail

Last Online
    15-12-2012 @ 03:35 PM
    I was rolled in the underground in Caracas by a Colombian gang. Never saw it coming. Very organized. 5-6 involved, they trip you up at the top of the escalator where a guys sprawls pretending to drop change, you fall over him, while a guys comes up from behind and reaches in your pockets or just cuts them with a switchblade. He then takes the wallet and passes off to 2-3 other guys who take off running.

They all pull knives. What you gonna do? I showed up to my meeting disheveled, with torn suit pockets, and when I told my business partners what happened, they told me I was lucky they didn't cut off my balls in the process.

I would have killed any one of them in another circumstance. They had the game down pat.

Wicked.

Bounced
    Last Online
    20-05-2021 @ 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith
    Yeah, why not fly?
    One Two Go is fresh the in mind?
    There be other airlines with better standards.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2021 @ 04:12 AM
    I was gently mugged in Tijuana about 15 years ago. My friend and I were stumbling back to the border around 3 am when a car pulled over and disgorged 5 guys who proceeded to take my jacket and wallet and my friend's wallet, too. We were so wasted we couldn't put up a fight if we wanted to. They didn't knock us around or show any weapons, just held us still and took what they wanted.

The border guy thought it was funny when we told him how we lost our i.d.s and just let us back into the country (this was pre-9/11).

Last Online
    @
    I've never been robbed. But I'm butt-ugly, mean-spirited and fucking huge. Come after me and I might get your shit.

Only sorta joking. All adjectives, spot-on.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 10:19 PM
    Thai scum at Thai Bus stations Why are Thai bus stations filled with the scum of the earth, last couple of days I have been to 4 different scum filled bus stations and their blatant lies still amaze me.
    There are thai scum everywhere. They should require a license for any Thai that talks to a farang or even sets foot in a tourist area. Maybe combine it with a nose picking license.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    15-12-2012 @ 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCA View Post
    Thai scum at Thai Bus stations Why are Thai bus stations filled with the scum of the earth, last couple of days I have been to 4 different scum filled bus stations and their blatant lies still amaze me.
    There are thai scum everywhere. They should require a license for any Thai that talks to a farang or even sets foot in a tourist area. Maybe combine it with a nose picking license.
    Hey JimmyCA, aren't you from tv? I recognize your nickname.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 06:20 PM
    Had a bit of fun once in Mo Chit. Had to finish off the last bomber before strolling in to get the 11:30 bus to Koh Chang when we're confronted by 5 or 6 women loudly rapping coin collectors against their own ticket windows as a way of somehow inducing a willing business attitude into us. So of course we strolled very slowly and seriously past each window, pretending to confer amongst ourselves, while the ticket-seller ladies duly upped the ante and when into full cage-match mode.

There are indeed two grades of taxi-drivers. I remember the hopeless, washed-up guys who used to hang around the entrance to my moo-barn, just lazing around, sleeping in their cars, unable to drive very far in their 7th hand green-and-yellow rusting Datsuns.

Last Online
    28-02-2020 @ 11:00 AM
    me too i started to get rolled in mexico...stupid barstards..i think i still got their flick knives around here somewhere....

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dantilley View Post
    Was at a bus station on Saturday in Det Udom, near Ubon Ratchathani, and had similar scummy characters trying to coerce me into their luxury tuk tuk to go the 15 kilomter journey for about 20 times the price of the 20 Baht Songthaew. As I left them to a fight broke out among them and two of the guys knocked seven shades of shit out of each other. Didn't know why but it was an interesting spectacle at 7am...
    Pretty funny - I have used the Det Udon bus station a few times and have never had anyone approach me.

Maybe I smell?

Cynical Member
    Last Online
    29-06-2015 @ 11:56 AM
    The bus station in Hat Yai is the worst I've been to in Thailand. Went there in the morning to get a bus back to Koh Samui. Now in the front it says "Koh Samui 350 baht" in big bold letters. I get out of the cab, and a guy asks me where I'm going. I tell him, and he points to the tourist office across the street. I give him a chance and he walks there with me. I ask the lady in there how much to go to Koh Samui. 700 baht. I just laugh and walk outside and buy the 350 baht ticket. Putting a tourist office right next to a bus station......I mean, do they really think people are this stupid? I once knew a guy who had the same exact thing happen. He stood outside the tourist office for a couple hours and directed any farang going inside to purchase tickets at the station.
    "Fuck off. And take your stupid cult with you."

-Scarlett Johansson to Tom Cruise

I am in Jail

Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Hat Yai bus station seemed OK. Open air, not many touts on the outbound, if you know what you want and the ticket office is right in the middle. Wait in a seat if it's cleanish, smoke, have a coffee. Never sit in the back of the bus because 1) if there's a toilet, it's gonna smell, and 2) it's always a bumpier ride back there. I took a couple of milk run buses by mistake; those are the devil's dreams.

Last Online
    30-10-2015 @ 10:42 PM
    I had about 200 baht worth of grass on me.

not to smart

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-10-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    For the first time since I was at school I took a bus just to see what it was like . . . from Bangkok (Ekamai) to Chantaburi . . . it wasn't bad, the drive was smooth and the bus clean.

What was a bit of a worry though was:

Can't see it? Look closer

Still nothing? How about this then:

The driver finished his nap, got dressed and drove off! Amazing Thailand

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpat View Post
    But I'm butt-ugly, spot-on.
    You should change your Av then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information