R.I.P.
    Last Online
    23-01-2019 @ 04:19 PM

Travel Insurance options

Anyone have any decent suggestions?

Indecent ones are welcome too.

Employees here are covered globally by a policy with Tawuniya.

Emergency and Evac. are 1/2 million USD, which is nice but the actual medical coverage only looks to be 25,000 usd.

Frankly, if I have an issue that requires hospitalization in the U.S., Europe, some parts of Asia or the Mid. East and can't get back to Saudi for a spell, that's pretty flickin' low.

My colleague just signed up with "gold" AXA for an upcoming trip which covers:

1/4 mill for evac. & caps at 100k for medical.

All for only $160/mo.

What plan do you go with?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    AIG for all the family.

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    Only pussies and people without credit cards get travel insuranc, dont they?

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    If pussies are prepared, I'm a vagina hole.

One guy went back home to the states last year (where he's not covered) and promptly got in a car accident.

Barely lived and after losing his job (a year later) is about a million dollars in the hole as I type.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    15-11-2020 @ 07:58 PM
    A question;

If you want travel insurance but have a pre-existing condition, which you declare, does that mean that you're covered for everything, delays, cancellations, loss of luggage etc etc but NOT anything directly related to the p.c.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    I'm not the one to answer cracker, but I'd surmise that it all depends on the individual agency and policy.

I mean, I'd want each and every detail spelled out in detail (and not in fine print).

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I'm not the one to answer cracker, but I'd surmise that it all depends on the individual agency and policy.

I mean, I'd want each and every detail spelled out in detail (and not in fine print).
    Indeed, and they seem not to like doing that.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    AIG for all the family.
    I don't travel much these days but when I do it's AIG.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Yes, I called AIG on your recommendation mate but the young lady couldn't answer my question and I got bored waiting.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101
    Yes, I called AIG on your recommendation mate but the young lady couldn't answer my question and I got bored waiting.
    Patience, patience grasshopper.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Patience, patience grasshopper.
    You're right.
    Joy's fully covered for everything for the next 6 months which is what matters.
    I might just rely on the old c/c.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-06-2020 @ 09:33 PM
    This travel insurance is a con, most of the time, before I moved here permenently, I used to get travel insurance from the travel agent.

One day. talking to an insurance agent, found out my travel insurance didn't cover me at all.
    Live in a remote area, so need to have a licensed guide with me to be covered, waste of money all round.

Started reading the fine print after that and never found any policy that really gave coverage.

Live here full time, so now just get AIA health cover some sort of family plan.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Live in a remote area, so need to have a licensed guide with me to be covered, waste of money all round.
    My brother got a policy with Allianz for a hundred and some bucks for his week with me in remote Alaska this summer.

He's covered (total) for about 1/2 a mill. And he is the type who reads every last word of fine print.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister
    This travel insurance is a con,
    I must admit I think I agree with you.
    I've been bumbling around the world for a fair few years and sometimes I've had it and sometimes not but I doubt it's ever really been worth the money.

Getting it for my wife is a bit of a different matter. She's not a "world traveler" by any stretch of the imagination and it does give her some reassurance.

Also, of course given that we're going to end up in the UK for a couple of months she'll be covered there. I've got my UK passport so that'll do me.

No, I never actually gave up UK residency.

We'll see how it goes.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    People need to remember that if you pay by master/visa card for your trip, it covers many medical and other emergencies.
    Travel insurance companies will seek payment from any other insurance you already have.
    Another misconseption is medical exacuation, sounds good, visions of an air ambulance with doctor and nurses flying in to some remote area to take you home for treatment.
    Reality, normal travel insurance, ecomomy class, can't fly you pay or die.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    People need to remember that if you pay by master/visa card for your trip, it covers many medical and other emergencies.
    Travel insurance companies will seek payment from any other insurance you already have.
    Another misconseption is medical exacuation, sounds good, visions of an air ambulance with doctor and nurses flying in to some remote area to take you home for treatment.
    Reality, normal travel insurance, ecomomy class, can't fly you pay or die.
    You're right. The last thing I'd want if I'm struck down in the UK is to be moved back to our bush basher.

I think we'll keep her covered and I'll play it by ear.

All the best.

Last Online
    06-09-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post

I've just been through Pre-existing Travel Insurance for a friend of mine.

Punters like to talk this shit up and say Insurance companies hide stuff in the small print and will rip you off in all situations.

Bullshit of course and the cry of the fucking idiot.

One must declare all Pre-existing issue's to the Insurance company. They then access the information and inform the punter whether they will Insure Their Pre-exising issues at an increased premium or not insure their pre-existing at all.

In my mates case they would not insure his Pre-existing, clear cut and delivered in plane English. Actually followed up with a phone call to discuss and explain why.

They did insure him for every other event except his Pre-existing.

Insurance is very simple, make a claim under their criteria and they will pay.

They will never pay when shitters make a claim outside of the written rules.

Why would they ? they run a business not a fucking charity.

As far as fine print is concerned, No such thing these days.

The Insurance conditions are in the P.D.F.

Ya down load it, zoom in, and read the fucking thing.

Dumb coonts don't bother.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    You're right. The last thing I'd want if I'm struck down in the UK is to be moved back to our bush basher. I think we'll keep her covered and I'll play it by ear. All the best.
    As I said, have AIA insurance in Thailand, family plan, plus use this the upmarket bank ATM card, 1800 Baht a year, all cover overseas travel medical expenses to a limited amount.

So unless you are going sking, mountain climbing etc, they cover emergencies, infact the black bank card pays out 500,000 Baht if you die in Thailand, but 5 mill if you die overseas.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Mate, that's quite good info.
    Thank you.

If I can find TI for 3 months for less than 5,000 $Aud I'll be pleased.

Last Online
    A tad more info,

My mate had a stent fitted in his heart 3 years ago.

Insurance company told him they will not pay any cardiac event what so ever anywhere on this planet.

Quite fair enough I thought.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedogsbollix View Post
    A tad more info,

Insurance company told him they will not pay any cardiac event what so ever anywhere on this planet.

Absolutely fair.
    I need to get T/I to cover me for everything but the possible negatives form my little problem.

Which company was this?

Last Online
    This travel insurance is a con, most of the time, before I moved here permenently, I used to get travel insurance from the travel agent.

One day. talking to an insurance agent, found out my travel insurance didn't cover me at all.

Started reading the fine print after that and never found any policy that really gave coverage.

Live here full time, so now just get AIA health cover some sort of family plan.

So you read in the fine print that you were not covered for stuff and you are telling us the Insurance company is Shit.

I'd fuking laugh but i don't do similes.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedogsbollix View Post
    A tad more info,

Absolutely fair.
    I need to get T/I to cover me for everything but the possible negatives form my little problem.

Which company was this?

I will only add one thing more.

It does not really matter what Insurance company you use, the most Important part is that you declare every medical issue you have whatever that may be.

Every Insurance companies research claims before they commit to claims. That is the way business works.

Every Insurance company is different, some may insure a Pre-existing issue at an increased premium and another will not.

It's a matter of hunting around.

I'm commenting on Australian Insurance companies but in this shit house good fuking luck eh.

If you are in Thailand you cannot use an Australian Insurance Company so you are stuck dealing with these plebs.

Gunna be fun right there.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedogsbollix
    It does not really matter what Insurance company you use
    LMAO, you literally have no clue about anything you are talking about.

When shit goes tits up, the difference between a shitty insurance company and good one is literally all that matters.

Thread Information