Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-09-2008 @ 02:41 PM

English Sausages in Bangkok

I have a hankering(sp) for a good old traditional English sausage aka 'banger'. Whilst they are readily available in a number of greasy spoon type resturants around the tourist areas of Bangkok, I want to be able to buy & cook them myself. Do you know of a butcher in a commercial area of Bangkok that sells such fare?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    No. The Gemans, bless their Teutonic souls, do much better sausages in Bangkok and Pattaya.
    I would try Otto's in Suk soi 20- I doubt you'll find a lazy Pom doing sausages as good.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang
    No. The Gemans, bless their Teutonic souls, do much better sausages in Bangkok and Pattaya. I would try Otto's in Suk soi 20- I doubt you'll find a lazy Pom doing sausages as good.
    Heathen!

Bunter's on Sukhumvit Soi 71 (I think) does great sausages, but I can't find their contact details.

bkkmadness
    I've never made it to Bunters though I heard they have great sausages. Why they have a website advertising their business with no address or map on it I just can't figure out.

I do have their number though, it's 02 332 3871

I did find some fantastic English sausages the other day at the Emporium Gourmet food shop on the top floor. Look out for Pork Chipolatas, about 70 baht for 100 grams. Delicious!

Last Online
    09-07-2010 @ 08:14 AM
    No but if yo get to Pattaya try these from Friendship Supermarket they are made by Western Wholesale Meat co Ltd .

They call them " Pattaya Porker Thick Breakfast Sausage " cost 70 baht for three minimum net weight 250gr (Bloody Luvly ! )

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^^Nice, but chipolat's ain't English.

bkkmadness
    ^ But they taste just like English sausages so that's why I'm going back there to get some more.

Should point out though that I haven't had a sausage in England in about 6 years now, so perhaps losing my memory of the taste. Go and check them out and report back.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by bkkmadness
    Why they have a website advertising their business with no address or map on it I just can't figure out.
    Google couldn't find the bloody site either.

Last Online
    @
    You can buy english sausages at Rimping Supermarket in Chiang Mai. If you ask CMN nicely perhaps he can stick some in the post.

bkkmadness
    I typed in Bunters Bangkok, google led me to this strange forum called Teakdoor where I found this thread.

https://teakdoor.com/food-drink/7524-...bangkok-2.html

3rd post down if you still having trouble Marmite.

sod it, here you are:

Bunter's Foods - Home Page

bkkmadness
    Now why isn't there address on the website? If you need sausages you have to call or email them first to find out where the shop is.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Prolly 'cus the fat drunken Pom ain't bothered until theres enuff orders, and he don't give a ferk anyway 'cus he sold his council house in Essex for a Kings ransom.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Bunter's on Sukhumvit Soi 71 (I think) does great sausages, but I can't find their contact details.
    How far up the Soi? Can I walk it, need a bike, is it on the left or the right?

bkkmadness
    I just mailed Bunters and told them about this thread, maybe we can find out where this place is exactly sometime soon.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoyEric
    No idea.

I have a sausage man in Ayuttaya who delivers straight to my fridge.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    But they taste just like English sausages
    Should point out though that I haven't had a sausage in England in about 6 years now, so perhaps losing my memory of the taste.
    Real English sausages have lumps of gristle and bits of bone and contain what can only be described as the meat you might feed your dog if you didn't like dogs, luckily here they use nice meat, Pattaya and Jomtien we got about 10 differant companies that make unreal English sausages

I am in Jail

Last Online
    ^ Offal.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoyEric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Its not far up the soi on LH side, in a crappy Thai townhouse, I have been there a couple of times but no one there on the occasions I was there.
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

Last Online
    17-08-2007 @ 09:02 AM

bunters

I have been to bunters unit in soi on nut 27 (not at all crappy) and have bought a number of their products including sausages, bacon, and pies. all of which are top quality, I would even say the best I have had in Thiland.
    The farnag boss (Howard) told me that most of the English/ Irish bars in Bangkok use their product, and that they supply restaurants and hotels all over the country.
    I don't go there any more though, they deliver my order to my home, no extra charge if it is a reasonable size order, thouroughly recomended.
    Give Howard a call 089 689 0600 or 02 332 3871.

bkkmadness
    ^ Hi Howard.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlazypom View Post
    I have been to bunters unit in soi on nut 27 (not at all crappy) and have bought a number of their products including sausages, bacon, and pies. all of which are top quality, I would even say the best I have had in Thiland.
    The farnag boss (Howard) told me that most of the English/ Irish bars in Bangkok use their product, and that they supply restaurants and hotels all over the country.
    I don't go there any more though, they deliver my order to my home, no extra charge if it is a reasonable size order, thouroughly recomended.
    Alright, you've got a nibble.
    Does bunters have any outlets in Pattaya?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlazypom
    I would even say the best I have had in Thiland.
    I would say the same, but in English.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by fatlazypom View Post
    Sorry Howard, Nothing at all wrong with your products, they are excellent, but when calling in on yr factory, it wasn't quite what I was expecting for a food factory, I mean it is located in a town house, right?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    I mean it is located in a town house, right?
    I think you'll find all businesses of this nature in Thailand are located in similar properties. That's what shop houses are for.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    I was apalled(sp) to learn that the only sausages on sale at last nights England vs Deutchland football game, were German Bratwursts. What is the world coming to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information