Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Lek Hotel Buffet

This hotel is on second road in Pattaya and everyday has a breakfast and evening buffet.

I have to admit that generally I don't go to all you can eat type places as they normally are quite disappointing, ie food that has been lieing in dishes for several hours and stuff like that, but last night xzyte talked me into going

Its set up round the swimming pool which makes it quite a nice setting and we sat next to the bbq area as the place was packed out, This bbq area is pretty impressive, the only thing I didn't see on it was the old bbq prawns, apart from that the bbq was excellent, here's a couple of pics.

Pattaya Restaurant Guide

of course the best bit is the old kebab grill, I love kebabs

Now your all thinking is it just a bbq buffet? well that shall be answered in mere minutes

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Yes it's just a bbq buffet hehheheh only kidding.

ok next up is the salad bar, now I am not really a salad person but this was pretty impressive and me galfriend pigged out on salad as she is on a diet, why don't these people realise that all those sauces that turn a bland salad into something edible realise that they defeat the object of trying to diet, this is a pic of some of the salad bar and I should mention there was about 10 differant sauces and also 2 differant soups, pretty damn good so far aint it

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    The main food area was about 10 meters of tables, this had everything you could think of on, this was absolutely brilliant, all the food was kept warm by mary annes(whoever she maybe) and the serving spoons were changed regulary as there were some messy customers there, also some pretty obese ones there taking advatage of the hotels good will and hospitality, should they put a weight limit on customers? or maybe give normal sized people a discount?

Anyway I should add that I tried some of the potatoe salad above and that was really nice.

what was quite funny was the proffesional buffet eaters, and how high they can pile their plates, quite amazing towers of food were seen to amuse and amaze the other customers, shame they didn't realise that you just go up a second or third time or however many times you wanted,

This picture is of the ham selection, between me and xzyte we had a bout a kilo of that, all the stuff on the main table has signs on in English telling you what it was which is quite nice if you really have know foking idea of what the dish may contain.

The stuff on the left I tried but I am still not sure what it was though as I didn't read the sign for that one.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Next up we have a picture of xzytes first plate of food I believe, I think in all he had about 7 plates of food but he is a big lad.

The only 2 dishes I can complain about were the pepper steak as that was pretty tough, well at the prices they charge they aint gonna use imported corn fed cows are they, and also the bolognaise, that was a bit bland and too much tomatoe flavour in it.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    They had about 5 differant types of bread and also garlic bread for those that aint out on the pull, and also a little toaster oven to warm it up if you so wished.

The kitchens were up to euro standards with stainless all over the place and had every appliance you could think of, all in all this is the best buffet in that price range I have been to, it's 180 baht for all you can eat between 6pm and 10pm, free coffee and tea, 15baht for soft drinks and only 50baht for beers.

They also have a cake section with loads of differant cakes, although the idea of eating a cake with carrots in seems quite novel I went for the chocolate cake while xzyte had 10 caramel cakes, I told you he was a big lad, anyway I believe they are thinking of banning him going there again

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    After this experiance I shall probably start trying more buffet places as before I had had such lousy meals from the all you can eat places I hadn't bothered going to any in the last few years, but this place was pretty damn impressive, there must have been a couple of hundred ppl there and it's the first time in many years that I have actually spent more than an hour in a restaurant, I think we were there for about 3 hours pigging out, may have to make that place a weekly visit I would also like to thank xzyte for paying for it all which I think was extremely unfair as he didn't bring his family and I did.

anyway here is a picture of the swimming pool from my seat.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Looks grand, mate. You'll have to take me there in the New Year.

Luckily we're not on Ajarn or I would've pulled you up about you potatoe & tomatoe.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    ahh i got the place for the next td meeting let me copy their webpage latter

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    you can keep the extra "T"

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Looks damn good to me and with kids you sure as hell cant go wrong with a buffet. First one I have seen with a kebob stand and I do love kebobs.

Last Online
    @
    The thing about the Lek buffeet all-you-can-eat, is that I always over-eat when going to it. I only go when a group of mates wants to go. Yes DD the quality of the Lek and most all-you-can eats is sub-par. Over-eating with the grease and grime of Western breakfast. Scrambled eggs, potatos, bacon, greasy sausge.

But then again, when one is hung-over and has gotten 3-5 hours of sleep it can hit the spot sometimes.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I actually went there again this evening, damn it's still pretty damn good, I think kids they charge 110baht ao, I took some more pics and will stick them in tomorrow

Not an expat
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Despite the name of the hotel, the buffet looks good.

Last Online
    @
    I stayed at the Lek in September of 2004. The breakfast buffet at the Lek was OK. I prefer Apex's morning spread. Really good croissants and fruit table.

The best part of a Pattaya buffet, though, is playing "who has the skankiest breakfast pal." Of course, it is not so fun when you are the winner.

Last Online
    @
    As it turns out, the owner of Lek hotel bought himself into Apex hotel not to long ago and the general manager of Lek hotel is now also the GM at the Apex. So I guess the buffets in both of them are pretty much the same now.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Anyway here is a pic I sneakily took of xzytes first plate of kebabs he had eaten, he would have had more but that's all they had left, I should add that he had about 6 plates of food in total, so the old Lek hotel don't make a profit out of him.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Well they say you learn something new everyday, did you know that there are actually carrots in carrot cake? bloody awful idea, anyway here is xzytes first plate of cakes

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Carrot cake is lovely - its my fave.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Keep posting nice food, Its lovely.

Just about to be banned from Issues
    Last Online
    @
    Great thread Dog,

I was just looking at booking at either the Lek or the Cozy Beach hotel last night.

I was thinking of a few days in pattaya with the wife and kids in the next week or two.

So what does anyone think of the Lek as a place to stay?

A friend recommended it and I think a standard in the old wing is 750 baht and the new wing around 1200 baht...

IA

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaanAlex
    I was thinking of a few days in pattaya with the wife and kids in the next week or two.
    :cockblock

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    05-12-2007 @ 03:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by njdesi
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaanAlex
    IA go somewhere else, if par hazard you hook up with DD while there, your sigoth might be truly troubled and you'll have some serious explaining to do

Aspiring Guru
    Last Online
    27-07-2006 @ 09:21 PM
    I don't know what a 'sigoth' is.

Where's Dennis?

Just about to be banned from Issues
    Last Online
    @
    njdesi 'wrote':

in4zip wrote:
    IA go somewhere else, if par hazard you hook up with DD while there, your sigoth might be truly troubled and you'll have some serious explaining to do
    My first trip will be with the family.

But after that I should be free for Dirty Dogs 'beaches and temples' tour.

IA

Not an expat
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Strange idea, Alex, to take the family to Pattaya. I have to admit, I did the same this year.
    Last edited by Fabian; 27-12-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information