Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya and Jomtien Markets

Pattaya and Jomtien have loads of markets, some are just weekend and some more permanent, the only good thing about any of them is the beer is usually kept in ice boxes, probably due to the lack of electricity most of them have, ie one electric power supply for the whole lot of them, anyway over the next year or 2 I might get round to visiting some more of them.

Since the clamp downs on pirated goods the only reason a farang would goto these markets is if they have an unusual interest in buying garish colored plastic junk at junk prices, if you feel that your palatial home is in need of green colored washing up bowls then the market is the place to go, spoons that bend on picking up a spoonfull of noodles are sold in abundance at these places.

So onto the first market, got to admit when I have driven past this place during the day I did wonder what it was for, this one is on Soi Theprasit, if you look at the video you will see a nice laid out field of gravel with large rocks set up in small squares, looks like some Feng Shui Master has made something there.

This place is a night market and sells the crappiest of junk you could imagine, second hand trainers and flip flops seem to be the main things on sale, what suprised me was the amount of farang sized trainers up for sale, yes I wonder where they got them from, maybe this leaving your shoes outside is not a cultural thing but one of the greatest Thai scams there could be, I mean in America they mug you for a nice pair of trainers, here it's lets make the dumb farang think it's a great idea to leave his 200 dollar trainers outside so we can nick them then sell them on the market, so if your wondering where your trainers went when you got up this morning have a nip down your local market, might even pick up a bargain there.

Nice display of hardly used footware.

The young lady here wanted 50baht for taking a picture of the junky ornaments she sells, cant understand why Thais don't learn to understand good old English swear words.

And of course they got to have food places, 50baht for a large chang beer was a bit expensive I thought for the ambience provided, still they had a fan, actually the market had a lot of second hand fans for sale aswell, suppose there must be a demand for them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Soi Theprasit Market

Here is a video taken in the middle of the market, each stall area has a piece of plastic on the ground from which they sell their wares, seems to be one light bulb of low wattage per stall, at least that way you cant see how badly damaged or crappy the stuff is your buying.

Last Online
    28-05-2018 @ 05:19 PM
    The largest collection of shoes I saw was at patong markets Tsunami 2004 every store holder had a pile up to 2-3 feet. and the amount of clothing was mind blowing. some of it still drying on nylon ropes.
    There wasnt much that got left on the ground .
    Cant blame the thais saleable goods is baht in the pocket

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Jomtien Rompho Fresh Food Market

This is the Rompho fresh food market in Jomtien and suprisingly enough on Soi Rompho, this is off the Road just past the Hanuman statue, no idea what that road is called but it is the one with the Chonburi revenue office on and runs parralel with Beach Road.

As you can see it is actually a nice building with concrete floors, cant have shack type markets in Jomtien, actually they got the shacks across the road selling food, corrugated shacks on land worth probably 20 million baht per Rai, just doesn't seem right, also they have all the expensive condos round here, bet they love the views of the real Thailand, ie poor people living in shacks.

Basically it just sells fresh food, ie sea food and stuff like that.
    What did suprise me was the chicken feet, and there was me led to believe Jomtien was an upmarket area.

Obviously whatever fruit is in season is available.

Vegetables including normal stuff.

Proper fish and those horrible tasting catfish, well I suppose they only taste horrible if you don't enjoy the taste of mud.

And here it is, Rompho Fresh Food Market.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Jomtien Soi WatBoon Khun Mae Laor Market

This market is again in Jomtien but down Soi Wat Boon, yep the Soi where the Winchester Club is, although that seems to be closed now It is called Mother Laor Market, probably after somebodies mum.

It's your normal boring food market but with a difference, they actually have signs in the aisles saying what sort of stuff each aisle sells, ie cooked foods, fresh produce etc, in both English and Thai, opens late afternoon and evenings.

Notice it is the same design as the previous one, Jomtien must be doing a theme.

As you can see I was a bit early.

No smoking or pets allowed into this market, wonder what they do about stray rabid dogs wandering in...

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Soi 17 Food Market

Soi 17 in Pattaya is quite often mentioned in the news, lots of rapes and drug crimes happen here, it basically has 3 good points, it leads to Pattaya, it has the Eden Bar which is a nice big short time bar, and it has The Lion Pub which is at Liberty Mansion and is also a short time bar, it also has the Caddy Shack Inn but I have never been in there.

The Eden Bar used to be called The Harley Bar, but they had some big police honchos come down from Bangkok and made them take that sign down there and then, not sure why actually, maybe Harley Davidson didn't want to be associated with a Pattaya whore house, protecting their Gay image no doubt

And onto the market, it's a food market in a nice dusty field so you can get those earthy flavours on your food, worth a visit? don't be silly that's why I am posting it here to save you the bother of going.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Soi 17 Food Market

Well I went past the Soi 17 market again today, the last time was a couple of days ago, about 50 meters up the road on the opposite side and set back a little they have built a proper market building, so I assume the days of them selling dusty food will soon be over when they move to the new building, can't understand how I never noticed something so big.

Notice the nice big sign? Must have cost a lot, trouble is a couple of years ago they changed this Soi's number to Soi 8.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Soi Theprasit Weekend Market

Well this is the weekend market on Soi Theprasit near Sukhumvit Road, this is part of Pattaya but I would consider it Jomtien, it's on Friday thru to Sunday in the evenings, and is held in the carpark of the government subsidised condo's, got to be the biggest one in the area.

Next door to it is a normal evening market which during the week just does food.

Now the market in the condo car park takes up all of the front, got to admit I wouldn't be too impressed by this if I had bought a condo here, having all that noise and rubbish outside my place every weekend, most weekends there is an accident or 2 and there has been several deaths due to the market causing traffic congestion on what is a pretty fast road, also vendors double parking without any regard to anybodies safety as they unload their junk for sale, and obviously the poor people coming to the market who cant afford to turn on their motorbike lights are a big cause of the accidents here.

Anyway here you will find a fine selection of beggars, some just old and some, like the one in the video missing limbs, and some just trying it on cos they are just too damn lazy to work for a living, yep it's quite a colorfull market.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Insects and Bugs at Soi Thepprasit Market

Well lets start at the normal food market and see what they got to offer, actually they got just about everything you can think of Thai food wise, even some of strollers favourite insect dishes, this was the first time i have ever been and I have to say the place is massive, although they are obviously lacking in proper farang food, but they do have a lot of stuff that even I would eat, the prawns look pretty good don't they

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Sun Dried Beef in Pattaya

This is one of my Thai favourites, the sun dried beef, the Thai version of beef jerkey, although the Thai stuff is hotter and probably a bit less hygenic, 10 to 20 baht per bag though so wins hands down, we make this at home aswell but we try to keep the flies off of it, this market had just about everything you could think of food wise.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Theprasit Market Pattaya

Now this first picture you may wonder what they are selling, this is actually in the weekend market itself, yep they are selling clip on pony tails, well I suppose you can clip them onto the side of your head aswell, reminded me of that Only Fools and Horses when Rodney got himself one, so as you can guess this market sells a wide range of junk that your girlfriend will love, they even got pet stalls here selling puppies and guinea pigs amongst other differant sorts of animals.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    U r a cynic Mr Dog!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I'd say the Naklua seafood markets and the Theprasit markets are the pick in Pattaya.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Soi Theprasit market

There are some items at these Thai markets that they will never be able to sell to a normal farang, ok probably the plastic clogs look quite appealing to drugged up Dutch people but Holland is a very small country.

The video is of some clocks, these are the most tacky clocks you could ever imagine, you know those little neons the Thais like on their cars so much, well they have them and also loads of moving parts, these are probably the most ugly tacky clocks in the world, a photo wouldn't have done them credit.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Soi Theprasit Weekend Market

Ok amongst all the brick a brack they sell is kids toys, mobile second hand phones, probably all stolen ones, and just about anything else you can think of, they even got a bar there for beer.

This video is of one of the market artists at work.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Soi Thepprasit Pattaya Police Arrest Copy Vendors

Pattaya Police Arrest Copy Vendors

The Pattaya police were informed by disturbed tourists that they spotted CDs, DVDs, and counterfeit products being sold at the Thepprasit Weekend Market, which they assumed was a violation of copyright and requested the police to investigate.

On arrival the police first found a stand selling Abercrombie shirts therefore arrested the vendor, 36 year old Natee Kiattihiran and seized 29 fake designer shirts.
    Another vendor; Sukrit Sirisom, aged 23, was selling music CD copies so arrested him and seized 200 CDs.
    Vendor Jiw, aged 16, was found selling DVD movie copies so the police arrested him and seized 280 DVDs. All were taken back to the station where they confessed to violating international copyright laws.

Pattaya People

police were informed by disturbed tourists
    Just cant believe that bit.......

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Soi Nern Plub Wan Market

Well this one wins crap Thai market of the year award, it is off of Soi Nern Plub Wan where the animal hospital is and the 79baht Korean food place is, the only thing this soi has going for it is the great amount of parking it has, although why you would want to park here I have no idea, half of the market is now being converted into badmington courts so at least it might be put to some use, probably better off and going to the market near the railway line and help increase the congestion of traffic on this Soi.

But last night I went to a better market and again today

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

South Pattaya Market

The South Pattaya Market is probably the busiest in Pattaya, it's opposite Chaimongkol Temple so sells all the flowers and other stuff you need if you want to do a bit of making merit or whatever, night time the food stalls set up on the road, this is a bit of a pain as South Pattaya Road is really busy so they cause the traffic to bottle neck, they are also set on the pavement aswell but they leave enough room to walk by.

Anyway it seems that I have been there everyday for the last few days and I got 100s of boring crappy pictures of the usual stuff, but this afternoon there was this dog sitting on the motorbike, I parked up and done my shopping, came back and he was still sitting there, thats some pretty good training so I took his picture, then the poxy thing thought I was going to steal the motorbike so started barking at me, no idea where his owner was.

Last Online
    04-02-2012 @ 01:56 PM
    I saw my pair of thongs I thought I lost on Pattaya Beach someone has pinched them.I am going around and getting them back

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Food Market

Well having so much spare time I have been going back to the markets, well to tell the truth the noodle shop I liked was closed for some reason and I was hungry, this is the one on Soi Thepprasit right at Sukhumvit Road end, if all the food stalls were put end to end it would probably be a kilometer long walk, yep they got loads of food.

The market frontage, I took this in the daytime as I was going past.

This is the main bar at the front where the farangs stay and drink beer whilst their wives/girlfriends go and dine on exotic food dishes.

Exotic delicacies like these great big beetles.

And deep fried grasshoppers.

The market probably has every single kind of Thai food you could imagine, I mean there are loads of stalls set up like this one all doing different meals.

Last Online
    12-05-2020 @ 12:15 AM
    so wheres the girls dd? nice thread mate, cool pics and video

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Food Market

I don't think I got any pictures of the girls, got some of the fruits though

I think I only saw this one stall doing fresh produce, every other stall there was doing ready to eat food and insects.

Can't beat some great big chunks of bbq squid for 25baht.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Pattaya Food Market

Another beggar, this one has a scooter thing to get about on.

These chicken kebabs were 15baht each, pretty good value if she actually had heated them up, I asked for a couple, she stuck them on the BBQ, I turned round for 15 seconds and then she handed me them in a plastic bag, I assumed she had given me a couple that were already on the BBQ, she hadn't

A noodle soup stand.

More BBQ Thai stuff.

Colorfull Thai food, no idea what it is though.

Last Online
    24-03-2012 @ 07:37 AM
    Great thread, any idea why I can't get the videos to play?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Probably your browser hasn't got wmv enabled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information