Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 165
  1. #1
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984

    Plea to hundreds of women after HIV man jailed

    Police have urged hundreds of women who may have slept with an HIV carrier to come forward after he was jailed for recklessly passing on the virus to an unsuspecting lover.

    Photo: ALAMY


    9:00AM BST 05 Oct 2011

    Married Simon McClure, 38, from Middlesbrough, may have had sex with hundreds of women, including prostitutes, and was a frequent visitor to Thailand where he is thought to have been infected five years ago.
    He was jailed for two years and eight months at Teesside Crown Court yesterday after he admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm on his victim, with whom he had unprotected sex.
    Outside the hearing, Detective Inspector Andy Greenwood, of Cleveland Police, said: "If anybody has any information in relation to McClure they should come forward.

    "The possibility exists that he has had relationships with other people that we are not aware of and we would urge them to contact us immediately.

    "He has now been sentenced to an appropriate period of custody, so they can come forward now and tell us about it and we can take the appropriate action."

    Mr Greenwood added: "The victim will suffer for the rest of her life through the reckless and callous behaviour of this individual.

    "She is unable to have a normal life and carry out day-to-day activities through no fault of her own."
    McClure ignored clear advice from doctors after he was diagnosed that he should not have unprotected sex, the court heard.
    His victim, identified in court only by her initials and who cannot be named for legal reasons, found out she was infected with HIV when she went for blood tests after later becoming pregnant.
    Her baby was born prematurely the next day. Tests have only recently shown that the infant has not been infected.
    In a victim impact statement, she said: "My life will never be normal again."
    Sentencing McClure, Judge Howard Crowson told him his risk-taking was pre-meditated.
    "I am sure you knew, everybody is aware, of the risks involved in having unprotected sex carrying HIV.
    "Any form of intimate sexual relationship has a degree of mutual trust and you breached it by what you did.
    "The effect on her has been devastating.
    "She endured the fear, having given birth prematurely, that the child may also carry the virus. The happy news has been given that it does not.
    "She will have to live with what is, unfortunately, still in this country, a stigma which attaches itself to people who carry this virus, even though she is not at fault for it."
    McClure, of Miniott Walk, Hemlington, was said to be extremely remorseful and expressed his regret through his barrister.
    He was a diagnosed with HIV in 2006 after returning from a trip to Thailand. He has also been to Switzerland, where he is thought to have used prostitutes.

    Plea to hundreds of women after HIV man jailed - Telegraph

  2. #2
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984
    At least the baby managed to escape infection . Would have been a double tragedy otherwise.
    Apart from that, might make some people a bit more careful about bareback riding. I've heard a lot of guys say that the risk is so small that condoms are a waste of time. Not a sentiment I'd be inclined to agree with. Why take the risk at all ?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    I wonder how many Pattaya prostitutes know they have HIV and work regardless? And given many Thai companies' insistance (especially hotels) on blood tests for employees, whoring is likely to be one of the few options open to them.

    The UK doesn't insist on HIV tests for immigrants, perhaps it should.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    6,073
    ^This guy is a British national what you going to do about him,refuse him entry too the U.K.
    I don't think you should restrict travel to people because they are sick,remember some people who have HIV may have been born with it infected from contaminated blood,there are other ways off getting HIV other the being promiscuous.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    The collective bile of the UK press directed towards this guy for having unprotected sex whilst knowing he was infected, could just as easily be applied to hundreds, if not thousands of the prostitutes working in Pattaya. Just an observation of the double standards at play in this case.

    Compulsory test all UK immigrants - certainly. As for this guy, he got lucky in life; He was born British, so fellow UK taxpayers will have to pay up for his ongoing medical care.

    I disagree with him being jailed. HIV didn't just appear out of the blue last week. Every sane woman should by now know the risks of unprotected sex. Were these women mentally deficient? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Lostandfound; 06-10-2011 at 01:37 PM.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    The Muffinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Klongsan
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    I disagree with him being jailed. HIV didn't just appear out of the blue last week. Every sane woman should by now know the risks of unprotected sex. Were these women mentally deficient? I doubt it.
    Are you for real?
    That same logic could also be applied to him. He knew he was HIV but still chose to bareback, thus putting these woman at risk.
    He got off lightly, I would have put him away for much longer.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Getting a girl pregnant who later dies in labour or at an abortion clinic - you want to jail the bloke too? Every sane person knows the risks of unprotected sex, including HIV (not to mention babies).

    It's a daily occurence in Thailand, with countless prostitutes having sex with tourists whilst aware they have HIV. Why pick on one guy?

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 PM
    Posts
    60,462
    There's validity in both points. Any woman who has unprotected sex without knowing someone's sexual history is a bit fucking dim.

    But by the same token, any bloke that would have unprotected sex deliberately concealing the fact he is HIV+ should be locked up for sure.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    "He has now been sentenced to an appropriate period of custody, so they can come forward now and tell us about it and we can take the appropriate action."........... "McClure ignored clear advice from doctors after he was diagnosed that he should not have unprotected sex, the court heard."



    32 months is appropriate? Not hardly, he should either get life in prison or be sent to a psychiatric facility and held indefinitely after his prison sentence is through. It's not like he's going to cease being a danger to society after 2 years. What he did was as evil and selfish as any crime could be.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Only if she asked him whether he had HIV and he lied. Otherwise, he should walk.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    The Muffinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Klongsan
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    Getting a girl pregnant who later dies in labour or at an abortion clinic - you want to jail the bloke too?
    That's a silly comparison and you know it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    It's a daily occurence in Thailand, with countless prostitutes having sex with tourists whilst aware they have HIV. Why pick on one guy?
    I'm not picking on one guy. Anyone who knowingly has HIV and continues to have unprotected sex deserves to be banged up.

  12. #12
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    His victim, identified in court only by her initials and who cannot be named for legal reasons, found out she was infected with HIV when she went for blood tests after later becoming pregnant.
    Why ????????? so she can go on and infect another load of blokes ,,,,,its exactly this bollox as to why this disease is spreading ,, people either kidding themselves or others they are not infected .

    It never fails to amaze me the head in the sand attitude regarding this disease , some punter with HIV does his deed with some old bar trout who has her weekly ? blood tests done , ( which I believe HIV takes a minimum of 3 months to show ) the next innocent punter climbs on board her knowing she has regular tests and bingo ,,, next year scratches his head ,, how did I get HIV ??? errrrrrr
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffinman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    Getting a girl pregnant who later dies in labour or at an abortion clinic - you want to jail the bloke too?
    That's a silly comparison and you know it.

    She should know the risks of unprotected sex - as I said, unless he lied to her about being HIV negative or she is mentally deficient he should walk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    It's a daily occurence in Thailand, with countless prostitutes having sex with tourists whilst aware they have HIV. Why pick on one guy?
    I'm not picking on one guy. Anyone who knowingly has HIV and continues to have unprotected sex deserves to be banged up.
    Going to need some new, very big jails in Thailand then.

  14. #14
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    But by the same token, any bloke that would have unprotected sex deliberately concealing the fact he is HIV+ should be locked up for sure.
    You think any bloke on that one way ticket is gonna care less ??

    It,d be difficult to prove , and I,m sure he,d claim ignorance about when and where etc

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    His victim, identified in court only by her initials and who cannot be named for legal reasons, found out she was infected with HIV when she went for blood tests after later becoming pregnant.
    Why ????????? so she can go on and infect another load of blokes ,,,,,its exactly this bollox as to why this disease is spreading ,, people either kidding themselves or others they are not infected .

    It never fails to amaze me the head in the sand attitude regarding this disease , some punter with HIV does his deed with some old bar trout who has her weekly ? blood tests done , ( which I believe HIV takes a minimum of 3 months to show ) the next innocent punter climbs on board her knowing she has regular tests and bingo ,,, next year scratches his head ,, how did I get HIV ??? errrrrrr
    You really think they have regular blood checks??

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    ^ It's true that this disease is the first to ever become a civil rights issue, but she deserves her privacy so long as she follows her doctors instructions. Hard to enforce, but life is full of chances.

    Strange that Britain will not let even it's law abiding citizens carry guns for fear they will hurt someone, but in 32 months they will release this scumbag with a boner that is almost as lethal as any gun.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256


    She's got good AIDS, he's got bad AIDS

  18. #18
    euston has flown

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    Posts
    6,978
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    ^ It's true that this disease is the first to ever become a civil rights issue, but she deserves her privacy so long as she follows her doctors instructions. Hard to enforce, but life is full of chances.

    Strange that Britain will not let even it's law abiding citizens carry guns for fear they will hurt someone, but in 32 months they will release this scumbag with a boner that is almost as lethal as any gun.
    A life sentence with given sentence as a minimum would have been far more appropriate. Then if he shows signs of falling back into his criminal behaviour; then his licence can be revoked, with little fuss or red tape. Its not hard to see that in a relationship of two people the right of one not to have their life put at risk without their content over rides the right of the other to privacy.

    Bob, you should remember that culturally the uk has never had the same interest with domestic gun ownership that the US as had. Historically there has been low levels of gun ownership in the UK even before the modern restrictive gun laws started to evolve the 1950's. These laws have been introduced as populist measures as a result of public pressure.
    The ban on semi automatic guns resulted from public outrage over random shootings in a village called Hungerford
    The ban on hand guns resulted from an attempt by a gun owner to kill large numbers of children at a school in scotland.

    It's law abiding citizens of the UK, rather than the government, that don't trust law abiding citizens with guns designed to kill people. You can still buy power limited air guns.... just as if you were in the US.

  19. #19
    FarangRed
    Guest
    Since the BBC started to transmit the wonderful 'Strictly Ballroom' I learned that it takes two to tango.

    One is a villain as he had unprotected sex. The other a victim as she willingly had unprotected sex but caught a desease. But she knew what she was doing and opted not to have blood tests with her partner prior to starting a sexual relationship possibly with the intent of becoming pregnant. That was also with a man known to travel to Thailand [ any reputation come to mind? Hub of Aids perhaps? ] and Switzerland, where he could have been seriously into cuckoo clock worship or a chocolate fetish.

    Then there is the ' slept with hundreds of women' Lucky Boy. But 'some of whom were prostitutes.' If 'some' were prostitutes, it doesn't auger well for the reputations of Thai women as he slept [allegedly] with a few hundred supposedly respctable Thai women.


    The self same respectable Thai women who couldn't get out of their knickers fast enough. I thought there was NO prostitution in Thailand?

    I wonder just what percentage of the prostitutes were HIV free themselves, we'll never know, neither will they come forward, remember or quite frankly be surprised if unprotected sex for payment with foreign tourists results in infection.

    It comes with the turf. And I don't expect any turf wars.

    Whatever next? Man balanced on balcony falls? Knives Cut? Rain falls?

    Whatever ...............................

    Next.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound View Post
    I wonder how many Pattaya prostitutes know they have HIV and work regardless? And given many Thai companies' insistance (especially hotels) on blood tests for employees, whoring is likely to be one of the few options open to them.

    The UK doesn't insist on HIV tests for immigrants, perhaps it should.
    No condom no boomboom.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound View Post
    The collective bile of the UK press directed towards this guy for having unprotected sex whilst knowing he was infected, could just as easily be applied to hundreds, if not thousands of the prostitutes working in Pattaya. Just an observation of the double standards at play in this case.

    Compulsory test all UK immigrants - certainly. As for this guy, he got lucky in life; He was born British, so fellow UK taxpayers will have to pay up for his ongoing medical care.

    I disagree with him being jailed. HIV didn't just appear out of the blue last week. Every sane woman should by now know the risks of unprotected sex. Were these women mentally deficient? I doubt it.
    HIV in Thailand has fallen by 20% recently.

    You are a real douche if you dont think this guy deserves jail. Do you actually think the women would have unprotected sex IF THEY KNEW HE HAD HIV ? They would probably not have sex at all.

  22. #22
    Twitter #BKKTS
    Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    20-07-2014 @ 10:05 PM
    Posts
    9,219
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    There's validity in both points. Any woman who has unprotected sex without knowing someone's sexual history is a bit fucking dim.

    But by the same token, any bloke that would have unprotected sex deliberately concealing the fact he is HIV+ should be locked up for sure.
    True enough - but our societies do tend to react more aggressively when HIV is involved. Compare this to drink driving.

    Anyone who gets in the car as a passenger with a driver who is clearly drunk and then gets seriously injured in an accident is a bit fucking dim - and should NOT be able to sue the driver.

    But by the same token, any bloke that would drive people around in his car when he is completely legless and has an accident seriously injuring or killing his passenger should be locked up for sure.

    Fair enough?
    My mind is not for rent to any God or Government, There's no hope for your discontent - the changes are permanent!

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound View Post
    The collective bile of the UK press directed towards this guy for having unprotected sex whilst knowing he was infected, could just as easily be applied to hundreds, if not thousands of the prostitutes working in Pattaya. Just an observation of the double standards at play in this case.

    Compulsory test all UK immigrants - certainly. As for this guy, he got lucky in life; He was born British, so fellow UK taxpayers will have to pay up for his ongoing medical care.

    I disagree with him being jailed. HIV didn't just appear out of the blue last week. Every sane woman should by now know the risks of unprotected sex. Were these women mentally deficient? I doubt it.
    HIV in Thailand has fallen by 20% recently.

    You are a real douche if you dont think this guy deserves jail. Do you actually think the women would have unprotected sex IF THEY KNEW HE HAD HIV ? They would probably not have sex at all.
    Down 20% - I assume you mean the rate of new infections, unless the Thai government has started some kind of euthanasia policy on HIV patients. Last I heard there were 170,000 Thais on retroviral therapy. I wonder how many are work in in Pattaya? Dr. Philippe Seur seems pretty busy still, 2000 patients last time I heard - and they aren't all working as "cashiers".

    If the woman had insisted on a condom, she'd not have had a problem now. Any sane person knows the risks of HIV infection, she chose to ignore them. Unless she's retarded, in which case, I agree he should be jailed.

    Sure, he's an inconsiderate bastard. On that I also agree. Unless she asked him "do you have HIV" and he lied, he don't deserve jail.

  24. #24
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostandfound
    You really think they have regular blood checks??
    No I dont believe that crap either ,,,,,,,,,,,allthough it,s put about to keep the punters coming ( er so to speak )

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Lostandfound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Posts
    3,256
    Although I did once see a guy in a white coat with stephospope in a Patong bar. He'd come to check up on the mamasan's poodle.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •