Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984

    German tourist tries to sue over sunlounger

    A disgruntled German tourist attempted to sue a holiday firm after his sunlounger was given to another guest.

    The court ruled as the sunbed was hotel property, the resort could give it to whoever they liked Photo: ALAMY
    By Matthew Day
    8:35PM BST 06 Jul 2011
    21 Comments

    The man complained to a court in Munich that he had been discriminated against when the sunlounger he had used for the majority of his stay at a hotel in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh was allocated to another tourist.

    But the court ruled as the sunbed was hotel property, the resort could give it to whoever they liked.

    The compensation bid for loss of sunbed formed part of wider legal complaint by the German tourist.

    He had originally taken the holiday firm to court after he was subjected to a stage show at his hotel featuring goose-stepping Nazis giving the Hitler salute.

    Th unnamed tourist claimed that the show had discriminated against Germans and made him feel unwelcome. He demanded 25 per cent of £616 cost of his holiday, plus an additional £450 in compensation for having his holiday ruined.

    The sunbed incident occurred after the cabaret, and, the tourist argued, may have been linked to anti-German sentiment fostered by the show.

    But his bid for significant compensation failed, when the court ordered the holiday firm to pay him a token amount of £30.

    German tourist tries to sue over sunlounger - Telegraph

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14,326
    Who said the germans don't have a sense of humour.

  3. #3
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    And there was me thinking the Arabs liked the Germans for sharing their views on how to deal with the Jewish problem.

    You live and learn.

  4. #4
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Location
    Republic of the Union of Myanmar
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    He had originally taken the holiday firm to court after he was subjected to a stage show at his hotel featuring goose-stepping Nazis giving the Hitler salute.
    But that what germans do when they get drunk!

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 11:41 AM
    Posts
    36,439
    ^ Maybe it was simply a poor presentation...


  6. #6
    Member
    WilliamBlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    18-12-2017 @ 05:30 PM
    Location
    Betwixt Orientals, Occidentals & Accidentals
    Posts
    786
    he was subjected to a stage show at his hotel
    The horror! The horror!

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    bobo746's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    14,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai
    He had originally taken the holiday firm to court after he was subjected to a stage show at his hotel featuring goose-stepping Nazis giving the Hitler salute.
    Don't mention the war,i did but i think i got away with it.

  8. #8
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    17-08-2019 @ 08:29 AM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,271

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat brettandlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    19-07-2019 @ 10:28 AM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,446
    Box head!

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat jandajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Posts
    19,599
    slightly off topic but bloody funny.







  12. #12
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Mind you, the fiends have been fighting back.


  13. #13
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    slightly off topic but bloody funny.
    What is off topic about it, when the topic is:

    German tourist tries to sue over sunlounger



    (Now admittedly I drifted off topic, but Justin Bieber is a c**t).

  14. #14
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    And there was me thinking the Arabs liked the Germans for sharing their views on how to deal with the Jewish problem.
    That's bad Harry!!

  15. #15
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    And there was me thinking the Arabs liked the Germans for sharing their views on how to deal with the Jewish problem.
    That's bad Harry!!
    That's actually the only serious comment I've made in this thread. The Catholic church were big mates with the Arabs in WWII as well.

  16. #16
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,634
    Must have been educated in the states or at least watched a lot of yanky TV. Sad Bastard. God if I ever sued for every dumb Irish joke I had to listen to while growing up in England! Come to think of it most of those jokes where from Irish Comedians!

    I wonder who German Comics make fun of? Cant be Jew's, Poles, Russians, French Dutch, Italians, Blacks? We all know Germans aren't funny. Must be a very short set!

    Hope he had great big lawyers fees. What a dork!

  17. #17
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    That's actually the only serious comment I've made in this thread. The Catholic church were big mates with the Arabs in WWII as well.
    Are up early or late? I know I am going to regret this but why was the Catholic Church friends with the Arabs in WW2

    Justin b is a self centered typical teenage multi millionaire who has most women under the age of 20 wishing to be his play thing, To say nothing of dating another multi millionaire drop dead gorgeous teenage goddess. So Harry why would you think bad things of such a Canadian Idol. O shit you don't think he is Social!!!!!
    Last edited by Sailing into trouble; 07-07-2011 at 02:07 PM.

  18. #18
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai View Post
    He had originally taken the holiday firm to court after he was subjected to a stage show at his hotel featuring goose-stepping Nazis giving the Hitler salute.
    I think I would have sued too since I would want more current material.

    Please tell me the jukebox didn't have the Ink Spots.


  19. #19
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Must have been educated in the states or at least watched a lot of yanky TV. Sad Bastard. God if I ever sued for every dumb Irish joke I had to listen to while growing up in England! Come to think of it most of those jokes where from Irish Comedians!

    I wonder who German Comics make fun of? Cant be Jew's, Poles, Russians, French Dutch, Italians, Blacks? We all know Germans aren't funny. Must be a very short set!

    Hope he had great big lawyers fees. What a dork!
    I dunno, I thought the German video was quite amusing.

  20. #20
    Ocean Transient
    Sailing into trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Location
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I dunno, I thought the German video was quite amusing.
    Ya, worth a green. Didn't get that far. Miss that stuff in the colonies, Canada is usually very correct apart from making fun of the Yanks.

  21. #21
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    That's actually the only serious comment I've made in this thread. The Catholic church were big mates with the Arabs in WWII as well.
    Are up early or late? I know I am going to regret this but why was the Catholic Church friends with the Arabs in WW2

    Justin b is a self centered typical teenage multi millionaire who has most women under the age of 20 wishing to be his play thing, To say nothing of dating another multi millionaire drop dead gorgeous teenage goddess. So Harry why would you think bad things of such a Canadian Idol. O shit you don't think he is Social!!!!!
    I think we'll let Adolf answer this question.

    “The Catholic Church considered the Jews pestilent for fifteen hundred years, put them in ghettos, etc, because it recognized the Jews for what they were… I recognize the representatives of this race as pestilent for the state and for the church and perhaps I am thereby doing Christianity a great service by pushing them out of schools and public functions.” -Hitler, 1933


    Cardinal Secretary of State, Eugenio Pacelli (later to become Pope Pius XII) signs the Concordat between Nazi Germany and the Vatican at a formal ceremony in Rome on 20 July 1933. Nazi Vice-Chancellor Franz von Papen sits at the left, Pacelli in the middle, and the Rudolf Buttmann sits at the right.
    The Concordat effectively legitimized Hitler and the Nazi government to the eyes of Catholicism, Christianity, and the world.

  22. #22
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    And some more Catholic merriment:






  23. #23
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 02:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,577
    The Pope must haved laughed at Hitlers jokes, just the rest of the world that didn't get the punchline.

  24. #24
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Posts
    59,847
    Now that's what you call Thread Drift.


  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Next door to digit
    Posts
    11,170
    I was living n Germany when that ad came out and all the Germans I knew pissed themselves laughing when they saw it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •