Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    R.I.P
    Mr Lick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Location
    Mountain view
    Posts
    40,028

    Taliban kill adulterous couple in marketplace

    16 August 2010 Last updated at 09:40 GMT

    Taliban 'kill adulterous Afghan couple' in marketplace



    A man and a woman who allegedly had an adulterous affair have been stoned and killed in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz.
    The punishment happened in a crowded bazaar on Sunday in the Taliban-controlled village of Mullah Quli.
    The Taliban have not commented on the public killing, but it was confirmed by local officials and witnesses.
    This month the Taliban also reportedly flogged and killed a pregnant widow in western Baghdis province.
    Continue reading the main story
    We were also asked to throw stones, the woman was dead but the man was still alive. Some Taliban shot him three times

    Villager Mullah Quli Mohammad Ayub, the governor of Imam Sahib district in Kunduz, told the BBC on Monday: "The Taliban brought them to the local bazaar."They stoned them because they were accused of adultery. There was a big crowd of people who watched.''
    Two witnesses from Mullah Quli told the BBC that the Taliban asked the villagers to attend the stoning through an announcement on loudspeakers in the mosque.
    "There was a big crowd of people," one witness said. "The Taliban made the women wear black clothes and the men were made to stand. The Taliban started throwing stones.
    "We were also asked to throw stones. After a while, the Taliban left. The woman was dead but the man was still alive.
    "Some Taliban then came and shot him three times. The Taliban warned villagers if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.''
    'Climate of fear'
    A Kunduz-based official with the Afghan intelligence agency, the NDS, confirmed the account.
    He told the BBC: "This is a sign of Taliban cruelty. It shows that they want to create a climate of fear."
    According to news agency AFP, the woman was 23 years old and man was 28.
    A local tribal elder told the BBC that the couple had eloped and that the woman had been engaged, while the man was already married.
    A jirga (tribal council) met and decided that the couple could come back to the village if the man paid compensation.
    "The man returned after he was assured that he wouldn't be harmed," said the elder. "The Taliban arrested them as soon as they came back.''
    The BBC's Bilal Sarwary in Kabul says Kunduz is a stronghold for Taliban and al-Qaeda militants where the central government has little control.
    The Taliban operates a shadow government, consisting of judges, tax collectors, district governors and commanders, in several parts of Kunduz, he adds.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    freedom fighters, aren't they ? all paid by American tax payers

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    SEA Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Location
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    freedom fighters, aren't they ? all paid by American tax payers
    NO, they are not. No need in attempting the focus here BF, TD members are smart enough and can see this type of action for what it really is.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    keda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Posts
    9,831
    Hardly news at all, just business as usual.

    I bet someone uses this to swipe at the Americans.

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    freedom fighters, aren't they ? all paid by American tax payers
    NO, they are not. No need in attempting the focus here BF, TD members are smart enough and can see this type of action for what it really is.
    OK. So what type of activity is it? Really...??

  6. #6
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Posts
    60,408
    True, if America had kept its nose out and let the Russians deal with the problem instead of arming the talitubbies, then we would probably not have experienced half of the problems we have now, and there wouldn't be more than 2,000 dead American, British and other soldiers, not to mention the possibility that there wouldn't have been all of the victims of 9/11 (tenuous argument, possibly). But they had to have their victory over the commies, didn't they? Not to say the Russians weren't just as bad at playing tit-for-tat, but helping the talitubbies fight this war only really empowered them to do the damage they've been doing ever since.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Event sponsored by Kaleshnikov and Coca Cola.

  8. #8
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lick View Post

    "Some Taliban then came and shot him three times. The Taliban warned villagers if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.''
    No doubt ' In the name of Allah the compassionate, the Merciful ' which is the first sentence of the Quran and repeated 114 times in throughout the Quran.

    Maybe someone should explain to them what the general concept of this phrase actually means and perhaps persuade them to take a leaf out of Allahs book.

  9. #9
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Posts
    60,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangyai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lick View Post

    "Some Taliban then came and shot him three times. The Taliban warned villagers if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.''
    No doubt ' In the name of Allah the compassionate, the Merciful ' which is the first sentence of the Quran and repeated 114 times in throughout the Quran.

    Maybe someone should explain to them what the general concept of this phrase actually means and perhaps persuade them to take a leaf out of Allahs book.
    Better be a muslim, or they'll behead you for saying it.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,774
    Every countries laws are different, we have to respect their laws and culture, you wouldn't go to Saudi for a boozed up shop lifting holiday, nor Singapore to become a drug peddler, nor Texas to go on a mass killing spree, just because their laws may seem harsh, it is their laws.




  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    17-07-2013 @ 06:23 PM
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Every countries laws are different, we have to respect their laws and culture, you wouldn't go to Saudi for a boozed up shop lifting holiday, nor Singapore to become a drug peddler, nor Texas to go on a mass killing spree, just because their laws may seem harsh, it is their laws.



    Agreed - but are you sure this is the law in Afghanistan or is it just a bunch of rabid animals taking the law into their hands with the simple aim of terrorising their own people?

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Location
    Republic of the Union of Myanmar
    Posts
    3,081
    Keeps the divorce courts empty!

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Moonraker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Rodney View Post
    Keeps the divorce courts empty!
    They have courts now?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    phunphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    19-01-2018 @ 02:02 PM
    Location
    christchurch, NooZland
    Posts
    1,442
    this nothing to do with the russians, they left with their tails between their red arses long ago.....

    Nuke the whole country and use it as a garbage dump.

  15. #15
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Location
    Republic of the Union of Myanmar
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Rodney View Post
    Keeps the divorce courts empty!
    They have courts now?
    They have some but they're not over busy!

  16. #16
    Thaiguy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Every countries laws are different, we have to respect their laws and culture, you wouldn't go to Saudi for a boozed up shop lifting holiday, nor Singapore to become a drug peddler, nor Texas to go on a mass killing spree, just because their laws may seem harsh, it is their laws.



    I just don't understand why so many people on here are so down on the poor moslems - why do people say such bad things about these poor merciful people who only want to go about their business and their religion without harming anybody? - shame on you critics! - ( sorry I forgot to add "they're not all like that")

    ( I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong!)

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    With the media totally controlled by people loyal to Israel and the Americans waging a silly war there, apparently against a noun (terrorism), I'm not sure these stories should be automatically believed. This may just be more anti-Muslim propaganda to justify aggression against nations who happen to have oil or want nuclear power.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    keda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    True, if America had kept its nose out and let the Russians deal with the problem instead of arming the talitubbies, then we would probably not have experienced half of the problems we have now, and there wouldn't be more than 2,000 dead American, British and other soldiers, not to mention the possibility that there wouldn't have been all of the victims of 9/11 (tenuous argument, possibly). But they had to have their victory over the commies, didn't they? Not to say the Russians weren't just as bad at playing tit-for-tat, but helping the talitubbies fight this war only really empowered them to do the damage they've been doing ever since.
    If the US had stood by without supporting the Taliban, there would have been protests throughout the 'free' world at American cowardice in the face of Russian imperialism. Then of course our screens and papers would be filled with award winning pics of dead people, and we would wring our hands pleading for 'someone' to do 'something' about it. Just a wild guess.

    While the Russians took a well deserved hiding for not learning the lessons of history, the absence of US intervention would have sent them the message of freedom to do as they please, likely resulting in a far greater and more efficient slaughter of the people. Don't forget the Russians never were bound by military or political niceties, and as their losses mounted they would have become increasingly desperate, and ruthless.

    Or, an even worse case scenario, they would thumbed their nose at history by defeating the defenders and taking the country.

    And guess who the righteous masses would blame for that mess.

    But I agree, it's much easier with the trifling advantage of hindsight.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    keda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    ...This may just be more anti-Muslim propaganda to justify aggression against nations who happen to have oil or want nuclear power.
    Quite right, but you forgot to mention it may also be true. What do you think?

  20. #20
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    22-08-2010 @ 12:57 AM
    Posts
    83
    "The man returned after he was assured that he wouldn't be harmed," said the elder. "The Taliban arrested them as soon as they came back.''
    And you thought the Japanese were sneaky.

  21. #21
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bold Rodney View Post
    Keeps the divorce courts empty!
    They have courts now?
    Sure, court, judge, jury, executioner rolled into one Mullah. It's all very impartial. Allah always wins and you always die.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,679
    Ahhhh yesss *taking a piss*

    Well ya its the religion of peace. I hope you limeys are ready to surrender your nation to them. We Americans are not so stupid.

  23. #23
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,510
    if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.
    Unislamic.
    So they are basing this punishment on Islam.
    I say Death to Islam, death to Mohamed.

  24. #24
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Posts
    60,408
    If the US had stood by without supporting the Taliban, there would have been protests throughout the 'free' world at American cowardice in the face of Russian imperialism.
    Huh? Most people didn't even know who the Taliban were, let alone where Afghanistan was, when the US started arming the militias (six months before the Russians invaded). If America had sat back and done nothing, then to this day I'd suggest that Afghanistan would still be occupying Russian military and political thoughts, and we wouldn't really have to give a shit.

    Let's face it, Uncle Sam wanted Russia to have its very own Vietnam war, complete with having to leave with its arse kicked; Great plan and it worked. But they never considered the long term consequences of their actions, because they wanted their short term political victory too badly.

    The state of Russia's economy at the time meant it posed very little threat to the Middle East and Europe, and certainly none of any consequence to Asia or the US. So there was no reason to bother with Afghanistan at all except to win a few political points back off of them damned Ruskies.

    Pfft. The only good politician is a dead politician.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    keda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Ahhhh yesss *taking a piss*

    Well ya its the religion of peace. I hope you limeys are ready to surrender your nation to them. We Americans are not so stupid.
    Wish I could agree. Look who you elected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •