Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 101
  1. #1
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520

    Former Natalee Holloway Suspect Sought in Murder in Peru

    FOXNews.com - Police: Former Natalee Holloway Suspect Sought in Murder in Peru

    LIMA, Peru -- A young Dutchman previously arrested in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway is the prime suspect in the weekend murder of a Peruvian woman, police said Wednesday.
    Joran van der Sloot is being sought for Sunday's killing of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in a Lima hotel, police chief Gen. Cesar Guardia told a news conference. He said the suspect crossed into Chile the next day by bus.
    Authorities in Chile confirmed that van der Sloot entered their country on May 31 and there is no record of him leaving. Police inspector Douglas Rodriguez in Arica told The Associated Press that police are searching hotels and residences in northern Chile for the suspect.
    The Dutch government said Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for van der Sloot.
    Guardia said the 22-year-old Dutchman, in Peru for a poker tournament, appears with the young woman in a video taken at a Lima casino early Sunday and the two were later seen entering the hotel by one of its employees.




    It's been five years since 18-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Now, Joran van der Sloot, the last known person seen alive with the young Alabama woman and has confessed to hiding her body in an island marsh, according to a Dutch newspaper is wanted in connection with the murder of a Peruvian woman, 21-year-old Stephany Flores.


    The victim's father, circus empresario and former race car driver Ricardo Flores, says his daughter dropped off some girlfriends at 2:35 a.m. then apparently returned to the casino. She and van der Sloot were seen entering the hotel room about 5 a.m., said Guardia, and the Dutchman departed alone about four hours later.
    "We have an interview with a worker at the hotel who says she saw this foreigner with the victim enter his room," said Guardia.
    Stephany Flores' body was found face down on the hotel room floor on Wednesday, abrasions on her face and body, and signs of trauma, the police general said. He said she was clothed.
    Asked if she had been asphyxiated, Guardia said he was awaiting autopsy results for the exact cause of death.
    The killing occurred exactly five years after the May 30, 2005, disappearance of Holloway in Aruba, a Dutch Caribbean island.
    Van der Sloot left Peru on Monday by land, Guardia said, his exit registered at the Santa Rosa border crossing. He had been staying at the hotel since May 14, having entered on a flight from Colombia, the police general added.
    The victim's father is a 48-year-old former president of the Peruvian Automobile Club who won the "Caminos del Inca" rally in 1991 and brings circuses and foreign entertainers to Peru. He ran for vice president in 2001 and for president five years later on fringe tickets.
    Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for van der Sloot, Dutch Foreign Ministry spokesman Bengt van Loosdrecht told The Associated Press in The Netherlands.
    He cited as his sources Peruvian police and the Dutch Embassy in Lima. The embassy's head of consular affairs, Angela Lowe, told the AP she could not comment on the case.
    But Rodriguez, the Chilean police inspector, said authorities there had so far only received an order to locate his whereabouts, not an arrest warrant.
    An attorney for van der Sloot in New York City, Joe Tacopina, said he did not know his client's whereabouts and has not been in touch with him since the Peru allegations emerged.
    Tacopina cautioned against a rush to judgment.
    "Joran van der Sloot has been falsely accused of murder once before. The fact is he wears a bull's-eye on his back now and he is a quote-unquote usual suspect when it comes to allegations of foul play," Tacopina said.
    Van der Sloot was twice arrested but later released for lack of evidence in the 2005 disappearance of Holloway, who was on a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island.
    No trace of her has been found and van der Sloot remains the main suspect in the case, said Ann Angela, spokeswoman for the Aruba prosecutor's office.
    "What's happening now is incredible," she said. "At this moment we don't have anything to do with it, but we are following the case with great interest and if Peruvian authorities would need us, we are here."
    Van der Sloot's late father was a prominent judge in Aruba.
    The mystery of Holloway's disappearance has garnered wide attention on television and in newspapers in Europe and the United States.
    Two years ago, a Dutch television crime reporter captured hidden-camera footage of van der Sloot saying he was with Holloway when she collapsed on a beach, drunk.
    He said believed she was dead and asked a friend to dump her body in the sea.
    Judges subsequently refused to arrest van der Sloot on the basis of the tape.
    A spokeswoman for Holloway's mother, Beth Twitty of Mountain Brook, Alabama, told the AP the family was aware of the development in Peru but would have no comment.

  2. #2
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    This may mean he's a bad guy.

    We'll see.

    May not ever know about Holloway, but it doesn't give a good impression.

  3. #3
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    It's too bad that this serial predator got a chance to kill again. I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba. Looks like this time the girl's father is an important guy. I hope they track him down and he gets his day in court for this one. This one seems like a pretty solid case. He's had five years to do his playboy rich kid thing in the world's casinos; I hope this is the end of the road for this arrogant asshole.

  4. #4
    DaffyDuck
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    It's too bad that this serial predator got a chance to kill again. I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba. Looks like this time the girl's father is an important guy. I hope they track him down and he gets his day in court for this one. This one seems like a pretty solid case. He's had five years to do his playboy rich kid thing in the world's casinos; I hope this is the end of the road for this arrogant asshole.
    Agreed.

    This is Peru -- I doubt he'll be coddled.

  5. #5
    Member tuktukdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    15-10-2013 @ 01:17 AM
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    It's too bad that this serial predator got a chance to kill again. I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba. Looks like this time the girl's father is an important guy. I hope they track him down and he gets his day in court for this one. This one seems like a pretty solid case. He's had five years to do his playboy rich kid thing in the world's casinos; I hope this is the end of the road for this arrogant asshole.
    Agreed.

    This is Peru -- I doubt he'll be coddled.
    Agreed x 2

    I hope they torture him. It's sick to think he was out making money on his celebrity status that was created by killing Natalie Holloway. Her family should have put a hit on that f'r.

  6. #6
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    Vanderscum is in custody.

  7. #7
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,631
    ^^^

    Yep- they nabbed him in Chile- now they're working out extradition back to Peru.

  8. #8
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    Just read that they have issued a warrant for his arrest and extradition to the US, should he get off in Peru, charging him with extortion for trying to sell information related to the Holloway girl for $250,000. This guy is a real piece of work.

  9. #9
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    Pretty freaky that this murder comes five years to the day after the Holloway murder.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat zygote1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    20-05-2015 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Hua Hin
    Posts
    1,114
    Is it just me, but does this guy not look like a psycho killer?

  11. #11
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    ^In one picture I saw today on Google News, he sure as hell does. His head is shaved now, and he looks positively deranged - piercing eyes - looks like he want to eat your heart.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktukdriver
    I hope they torture him.
    you guys seem pretty confident, so i assume you have some evidence. when will you be getting in touch with the prosecutor's office?

    i have no idea if this guy is guilty or not....but i do know that the only reason anyone cares about him is because foxnews made a big deal out of a blonde woman being killed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    In one picture I saw today on Google News, he sure as hell does. His head is shaved now, and he looks positively deranged - piercing eyes - looks like he want to eat your heart
    that's really what you thought (that he wants to eat your heart) when you saw his photo?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    The Muffinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Klongsan
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktukdriver
    I hope they torture him.
    you guys seem pretty confident, so i assume you have some evidence. when will you be getting in touch with the prosecutor's office?

    i have no idea if this guy is guilty or not....but i do know that the only reason anyone cares about him is because foxnews made a big deal out of a blonde woman being killed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    In one picture I saw today on Google News, he sure as hell does. His head is shaved now, and he looks positively deranged - piercing eyes - looks like he want to eat your heart
    that's really what you thought (that he wants to eat your heart) when you saw his photo?

    Oh ffs, the guy's as guilty as they come.

    The only reason he got off the hook last time is that his dads influence (being an ex judge) managed to pull enough strings to botch up the investigation. Also the fact that Holloways body was never found made it harder to accuse him of her murder.


    This guy's an arrogant piece of drek who will finally get what should have been coming years ago. Hope he enjoys spending the rest of his life in a rat infested South American prison.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffinman
    the guy's as guilty as they come.
    if you say so.

  15. #15
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    Nothing to do with his guilt, but I have to say that your posts are always childish, condescending and rude. You most definitely do not contribute one thing of value to this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    I'm not using the word 'alleged', as I personally have never had any doubt that he killed that girl in Aruba.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktukdriver
    I hope they torture him.
    you guys seem pretty confident, so i assume you have some evidence. when will you be getting in touch with the prosecutor's office?

    i have no idea if this guy is guilty or not....but i do know that the only reason anyone cares about him is because foxnews made a big deal out of a blonde woman being killed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton
    In one picture I saw today on Google News, he sure as hell does. His head is shaved now, and he looks positively deranged - piercing eyes - looks like he want to eat your heart
    that's really what you thought (that he wants to eat your heart) when you saw his photo?

  16. #16
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,631
    Ray is probably convinced that OJ didn't kill Nicole- hey, he was found 'not guilty', right?

  17. #17
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    I have never used the 'ignore' function before, but I just put this dumbass on the list because I am tired of his childish drivel. It works really well. Bye Ray.

  18. #18
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    Ray is a penniless broke old fool that suffers from the little professors syndrome.


    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
    Ray is probably convinced that OJ didn't kill Nicole- hey, he was found 'not guilty', right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    I have never used the 'ignore' function before, but I just put this dumbass on the list because I am tired of his childish drivel. It works really well. Bye Ray.

  19. #19
    Member tuktukdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    15-10-2013 @ 01:17 AM
    Posts
    803
    [quote=raycarey;1457700
    i have no idea if this guy is guilty or not....but i do know that the only reason anyone cares about him is because foxnews made a big deal out of a blonde woman being killed.
    [/quote]

    Too bad the Pervian woman didn't watch Fox news. What woman in her right mind would be alone with that guy.

  20. #20
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    Oh boy - you mentioned Fox News.

    A Ray Carey meltdown will soon follow!!

    [quote=tuktukdriver;1458011]
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey;1457700
    i have no idea if this guy is guilty or not....but i do know that the only reason anyone cares about him is because foxnews made a big deal out of a blonde woman being killed.
    [/quote

    Too bad the Pervian woman didn't watch Fox news. What woman in her right mind would be alone with that guy.

  21. #21
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    I also have queries about this...

  22. #22
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    ^Such as?

  23. #23
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    ^ I hate the jerk; I just want the real evidence.

  24. #24
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    ^Well Greta whatever her name is from Fox News and the Holloway girl's mother just about beat the Aruba story to death on a daily basis for over a year. Problem there was that this kid was on his home turf, with a judge as a father, and was a member of a very influential local family. Numerous reports from classmates depicted him as a spoiled bully who had been responsible for beating and sexually assaulting local girls, some of whom went to his school. He was protected from all of these allegations by his family. By his own admission, he haunted the casinos "hunting for tourist girls". He was the last person seen with the girl, and she left the casino with him - just the two of them. She was never seen again. Tons of other circumstantial evidence, but home turf, Daddy, and the lack of a body allowed him to escape justice.

    Peru, five years later. Picks up a young girl in a casino. She is seen leaving with him - just the two of them. She is seen entering the hotel with him - just the two of them. He leaves several hours later - alone. She is found dead in the hotel room with a broken neck. He flees the country on a bus. Is captured in a taxi in a neighboring country.

    Once extradited back to Peru, he is not on home turf, Daddy can't help him, the dead girl's father is powerful, they have a body and they have evidence placing him at the scene from the wee hours of the morning until he fled. That, plus hopefully some forensic evidence, should do the trick.

    I don't think many people, except a few simpletons, have much doubt that he killed the Holloway girl. It just couldn't be made to stick without a body. After the fact, he practically admitted it, while smirking that with no body, there was no crime. This won't be the case in Peru.

  25. #25
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,873
    It now appears that he also stole $5,000 dollars from her, which she had won in the casino that night, prior to fleeing the murder scene. Peru has no death sentence, but I bet her Daddy can make forty years in a Peruvian prison seem like quite a long time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •