Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Party Animal!
    Fuzzy Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    10-05-2012 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,084

    South Park creators warned over Muhammad depiction

    BBC News - South Park creators warned over Muhammad depiction

    Muslims consider any physical representation of Muhammad to be blasphemous


    Islamists have warned the creators of TV show South Park they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.
    A posting on the website of the US-based group, Revolution Muslim, told Matt Stone and Trey Parker they would "probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh".
    The Dutch film-maker was shot and stabbed to death in 2004 by an Islamist angered by his film about Muslim women.
    The posting gave details about a home Stone and Parker reportedly co-own.
    It also listed the addresses of their production office in California and the New York office of South Park's broadcaster, Comedy Central.

    This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them


    Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee

    "We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," warned the posting, written in the name of Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee.
    "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them," it added.
    Mr al-Amrikee later told the Associated Press the posting was not an incitement to violence. It had been published to raise awareness of the issue and to see that it did not happen again, he added.
    A Comedy Central spokesman said the network had no comment.
    In the 200th episode of South Park broadcast last week, Muhammad appears several times inside a bear suit. The prophets of the other main religions are also depicted, including a drug-snorting Buddha.
    In 2006, Comedy Central banned Stone and Parker from showing an image of Muhammad in an episode that was intended to be part of a comment on the controversy caused by the publication of caricatures of the prophet by a Danish newspaper.
    Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous and the caricatures sparked mass protests worldwide.

  2. #2
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,683

  3. #3
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,633
    Fucking lunatics.
    But then again, maybe it's just a mistranslation, surely the peaceful religion of Islam wouldn't promote violence.

  4. #4
    ted
    ted is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    12-08-2013 @ 10:58 AM
    Posts
    36
    Who the fukc knows what Muhammed looks like anyway,he may look like the backside of my arse,and yes I suppose I would get upset if I had to view that every day

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    How do they know what he looks like? Do paedophiles look alike?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    Now the Muslims have gone too far. South Park is one of the few good things coming out of America anymore.

  7. #7
    Banned for deleting Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,671
    It's a complete myth that depictions of the old bastard are banned-not always. There are many examples of him appearing in prints and paintings in past centuries. Sometimes it is an outline or with the features not filled in, and sometimes not. Hateful lunatics, but not extremists.

  8. #8
    Banned for deleting Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Now the Muslims have gone too far. South Park is one of the few good things coming out of America anymore.
    first thing that comes up on a search

    the Qur'an does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad


    Depictions of Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Smug Farang Bore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-10-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Posts
    3,875
    On ya go lads, piss the cvnts off.

    Derka Derka Stan.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    Smug Farang Bore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-10-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Posts
    3,875
    One of the silly old cvnts come out with the line that women that wear revealing clothes are responsible for earthquakes...


    ...Knob end....!

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Belgium of all countries seem to have got some balls, just watching the BBC they are apparantly close to banning the Burkha.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Smug Farang Bore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-10-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Posts
    3,875
    ^their on the BBC right now. Govt to full.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,892
    Funny how a posting on a website by a single poster is automatically seized on as representative of all circa. 1,000,000,000 Muslims.
    Worse things are posted on here on an almost daily basis, gawd help us if any were to be seized upon as representative of the whole.

    Put a Muslim reference in a headline and it's enough to get the same old knees jerking into action, it's like Pavlov's Dog.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    29-02-2012 @ 08:44 PM
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Belgium of all countries seem to have got some balls, just watching the BBC they are apparantly close to banning the Burkha.

    Some lefties (senior Western Europe researcher at Human Rights Watch) saying already it's not fair

    A leading rights watchdog late Wednesday warned against the move saying it would be counterproductive.
    "Bans like this lead to a lose-lose situation," said Judith Sunderland, senior Western Europe researcher at Human Rights Watch. "They violate the rights of those who choose to wear the veil and do nothing to help those who are compelled to do so."
    It said there was no evidence that wearing the full veil in public threatened public safety, public order, health, morals, or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.
    And rather than help women who are coerced into wearing the veil, a ban would limit, if not eliminate, their ability to seek advice and support, it said, adding that the primary impact of legislation of this kind would be to confine these women to their homes, rather than to liberate them.
    Belgium lawmakers set to ban Islamic burqa Thursday -


    I have to admit in her case being covered with a burka could help, what an ugly cow.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Johnny Longprong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    24-06-2019 @ 08:11 PM
    Posts
    1,008
    Oh come on. It is just a bit of fun. Just because someone has a dopey beard and says they will kill you and your family. It doesn't mean that they really mean it.

  16. #16
    Banned Muadib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    4,774
    ^ Tell that to Theo Van Gogh... Oh wait, can't do that as he was gunned down by someone representing the religion of peace...

  17. #17
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    I watched that episode. It was funny, as they all are.

  18. #18
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    23-05-2010 @ 11:33 AM
    Location
    SS Brinkman
    Posts
    220
    perhasp once Thailnd has banned coloured shirt s
    Banning religious intolernce and religion my be next

  19. #19
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bob
    The prophets of the other main religions are also depicted, including a drug-snorting Buddha.
    Coke messes with ones dopamine D2 and that can affect ones eating habits.

    Buddha was a fat bastard wasn't he!

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Longprong View Post
    Oh come on. It is just a bit of fun. Just because someone has a dopey beard and says they will kill you and your family. It doesn't mean that they really mean it.


    left out " does it ? " at the end of sentence.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bob
    The prophets of the other main religions are also depicted, including a drug-snorting Buddha.
    Coke messes with ones dopamine D2 and that can affect ones eating habits.

    Buddha was a fat bastard wasn't he!


    ,, well,, a fat- belly .

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    14-01-2014 @ 11:23 PM
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallalai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Belgium of all countries seem to have got some balls, just watching the BBC they are apparantly close to banning the Burkha.

    Some lefties (senior Western Europe researcher at Human Rights Watch) saying already it's not fair

    A leading rights watchdog late Wednesday warned against the move saying it would be counterproductive.
    "Bans like this lead to a lose-lose situation," said Judith Sunderland, senior Western Europe researcher at Human Rights Watch. "They violate the rights of those who choose to wear the veil and do nothing to help those who are compelled to do so."
    It said there was no evidence that wearing the full veil in public threatened public safety, public order, health, morals, or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.
    And rather than help women who are coerced into wearing the veil, a ban would limit, if not eliminate, their ability to seek advice and support, it said, adding that the primary impact of legislation of this kind would be to confine these women to their homes, rather than to liberate them.
    Belgium lawmakers set to ban Islamic burqa Thursday -


    I have to admit in her case being covered with a burka could help, what an ugly cow.
    thats a carpet muncher that needs to wear a burka....

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807

    Comedy Central Censors 'South Park' Episode

    Comedy Central bleeped out all references to the Prophet Muhammad in Wednesday night's episode of the animated show "South Park."

    The episode was a continuation of last week's episode which depicted the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.

    A radical Muslim website threatened the show's creators following that episode.

    Comedy Central confirmed to FoxNews.com that it had censored the show, and that the episode was not available on its website.

    In addition to bleeping the words "Prophet Muhammad," the show also covered the character with a large block labeled "Censored."

    FOXNews.com - Comedy Central Censors 'South Park' Episode After Muslim Site's Threats




    Islam's prophet Muhammad ibn Abd Allah. Representations of the Prophet are well known from early on, but are not very common. While some Muslims hold beliefs that it is against Islam to make images of the Prophet, others have more relaxed attitudes, and among Shia Muslims, such pictures are common, and much liked.
    probes Aliens

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    10-06-2013 @ 06:42 PM
    Posts
    275
    marmite the dog, i love your comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    How do they know what he looks like? Do paedophiles look alike?
    I my self am very irritated by these things ( threats to people who make fun of islam or critisize it). But i wonder why every threat wich is made by a muslim gets so much coverage?? Isn't that going to encourage people??

    Theo van gogh was killed by mohamad B. They called his friends the " hofstad group" which wasn't a group but just a few radical guys.
    Pim fortuyn got killed by a white dutch guy, pim was a candidate to become prime minister and the murderer was a environmental activist. That has almost been forgotten.

    I remember when fortuyn was killed and it was announced on the radio, i was in a bar in holland and all the foreigners, muslim or not, were looking at each other and all knew what the others were thinking: god please let him not be a moroccan guy like mohammad B looooooool

    Anyway. You don't know me but i am not saying that the muslims don't have big issues to deal with. I amd not religious. I do say the situation is weird and it seems that all extreme parties are trying to make things escalate........what do they ( the right wing west and the muslim right wing) want to achieve?

    I gave up explaining these things a long time a go.
    few facts there are very few islamic terrorist acts in the west, if they wanted it and were motivated it there would be many many terrorist acts...... you can't stop a guy who wants do die killing others......

    ther are many other stuff like this but i pass explaining them. things like what is al qaeda and is it a organization att all ( one of the good experts about this is jason burke... get the book if you want to know)

    I do think that islamic religious fredoms are getting out of hand in europe.....the throwing shoes and the like......those are crazy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •