Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952

    I thought of killing myself, says climate scandal professor Phil Jones

    It's interesting to see, reading through the comments in the timesonline, that the high majority do not believe in the man-made theory.

    Do i feel sorry for this guy, not one bit. If he had nothing to cover-up then why destroy the emails?


    ................



    ]THE scientist at the centre of the “climategate” email scandal has revealed that he was so traumatised by the global backlash against him that he contemplated suicide.
    Professor Phil Jones said in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Times that he had thought about killing himself “several times”. He acknowledged similarities to Dr David Kelly, the scientist who committed suicide after being exposed as the source for a BBC report that alleged the government had “sexed up” evidence to justify the invasion of Iraq.
    In emails that were hacked into and seized upon by global-warming sceptics before the Copenhagen climate summit in December, Jones appeared to call upon his colleagues to destroy scientific data rather than release it to people intent on discrediting their work monitoring climate change.



    I thought of killing myself, says climate scandal professor Phil Jones - Times Online
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,527
    I know the fact of this whole "climategate" already having been debunked is already inconvenient to you and your campaign to continue to spread disinformation but really,hanging your hat on comments from the timesonline now!?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    I know the fact of this whole "climategate" already having been debunked is already inconvenient to you and your campaign to continue to spread disinformation but really,hanging your hat on comments from the timesonline now!?
    So what bible do you hail from which speaks the truth?

    Fortunately, you and your thinking are becoming the minority.

    You're actually quite amazing, and no doubt you're like a few that defend global warming, but do feck all to save the earth! I'm sure deep down, you know like so many others that no matter what you do or don't do, you're effort or non, will have little or no effect at all.

    Did the fluffy bears and rabbits get to you?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    So what bible do you hail from which speaks the truth?
    No bible, simply objective fact -- namely that this "climategate" that you seem so desperate to cling to has been wholly and roundly debunked. You're flogging a dead and decayed horse.
    Fortunately, you and your thinking are becoming the minority.
    Yes I fear you're correct. Increasingly it seems that people are ignorant of or blind too objective fact and reality.

    But what are you basing that on though? The comments section from the timesonline?
    You're actually quite amazing, and no doubt you're like a few that defend global warming, but do feck all to save the earth! I'm sure deep down, you know like so many others that no matter what you do or don't do, you're effort or non, will have little or no effect at all.

    Did the fluffy bears and rabbits get to you?
    Really, no doubt huh? Well I hate to tear down that strawman that you've just constructed but you haven't got the first clue. You'll have to find another windmill to tilt at on your Quixotic crusade I'm afraid.

  5. #5
    Member bretby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    21-04-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Posts
    713
    Try telling the poor sods in Europe including the UK that there is global warming. Its been more like Global Freezing since well before Xmas.

    A lot of hype methinks to grab more taxes and hike up prices.

  6. #6
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    Yet again, understand the difference between localised weather and global climate.

  7. #7
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    Oh and btw, there's an El Nino event that's been happening in the Pacific for a few months now, which explains this winters unusual weather. It's likely to produce record high temperatures here. Such anecdotal evidence really means nothing.

  8. #8
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    “… it would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government …” - David Rockefeller in Baden-Baden, Germany 1991, thanking major media for keeping secret for decades the movement of the prophetic one world government. DAVID ROCKEFELLER
    This is the thing I have been waiting for for years.
    Never seem to hear much about it anymore.
    But Rockefellers have been at it's center for years now, and it will happen sooner than I ever thought possible.
    If you wonder why Osama Obama is such a different acting dude and has seemed to do nothing, wait and see what will happen next.
    I do hope that you are ready for the tri-Laterals to take over, as ONE WORLD- ONE GOVT. is about to happen.

  9. #9
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    11-07-2010 @ 09:24 AM
    Location
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Posts
    264
    It's amazing in a way how people like to slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief. Maybe Red (Ant) Robbo would prefer data picked from that erudite source of all that is good and truthful, The Sun newpaper (I use the term newspaper in it's loosest form).

    The fact is the 2007(?) report from the IPCC has been shown to be so full of dodgy data and questionable references that only a complete idiot would rely on it especially when when embarking on spending trillions of dollars. But the warmists have been totally blinded by their faith in this utterly discrdited document that they will not enter into any meaningful discussion.

    If the case for AGW is so solid then why won't they enter into discussions with the sceptics and prove their point? Why are they continually hiding the raw data from which they make their case?

    Anyway I don't believe this claim of considered suicide, he's just a bluddy drama queen trying to gather the sympathy vote. Well he'll find sympathy in the dictionary just before syphillus.

  10. #10
    Noone here gets out alive
    Mr R Sole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    20-03-2013 @ 03:14 PM
    Location
    The back of beyond..on the bloody PC by the looks of it!!
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by bretby
    Try telling the poor sods in Europe including the UK that there is global warming. Its been more like Global Freezing since well before Xmas.
    Actually the current freezing of the UK could come from Global warming and El nino....

    Global warming may actually cause colder temps' during winter times as well as record temps' in summer and so on...



    See....

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Belepheron View Post
    It's amazing in a way how people like to slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief. Maybe Red (Ant) Robbo would prefer data picked from that erudite source of all that is good and truthful, The Sun newpaper (I use the term newspaper in it's loosest form).
    It's nothing to do with the source and everything to do with the fact that the so-called "climategate" is nothing of the sort. There is no conspiracy or Machiavellian plot, the leaked e-mails simply don't show what some purport they do (increasingly what some apparently hope they do, actually). Whatever names yourself and JJ want to call me doesn't change that one jot.

    And there's no small amount of irony in you using the phrase "slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief" either considering the continued wilfull blindness to this point.

    That JJ repeatedly ignores this fact and is now hanging his hat on the peg of the comments section of a timesonline article is laughable, but again nothing to do with the source.
    The fact is the 2007(?) report from the IPCC has been shown to be so full of dodgy data and questionable references...
    Such as... ?

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Takeovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belepheron View Post

    The fact is the 2007(?) report from the IPCC has been shown to be so full of dodgy data and questionable references...
    Such as... ?
    Recent studies seem to indicate that the report seriously underestimated the speed of global warming.

  13. #13
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Belepheron View Post
    It's amazing in a way how people like to slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief.
    So how long did you it take you to read all the climategate emails?

  14. #14
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    For the nay-sayers/doubters/ignorant, lets start with 3 words.

    Finite closed system.

    Add 6 billion people and all their associated activity.

    Guess what, change occurs.

  15. #15
    DaffyDuck
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    Oh and btw, there's an El Nino event that's been happening in the Pacific for a few months now, which explains this winters unusual weather. It's likely to produce record high temperatures here. Such anecdotal evidence really means nothing.
    I really love this - "anything that might contradict my beliefs 'means nothing' "

    That's why it's not 'global warming' anymore, but 'climate change'. Lovely.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    27-11-2014 @ 07:50 PM
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    For the nay-sayers/doubters/ignorant, lets start with 3 words.

    Finite closed system.

    Add 6 billion people and all their associated activity.

    Guess what, change occurs.
    Right-on S.D.

    Some say that our "Space Ship Earth" could support three billion of our species.

    I sometimes wonder what ever happened to the ZPG (Zero Population Growth) movement some decades ago....what could displace such a sensible notion?

    Incidentally, I've read that some behavioural anthropologists believe that 330 is the ideal number of inhabitants for a 'village'.

    So much to do...so little time.

  17. #17
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog View Post
    Oh and btw, there's an El Nino event that's been happening in the Pacific for a few months now, which explains this winters unusual weather. It's likely to produce record high temperatures here. Such anecdotal evidence really means nothing.
    I really love this - "anything that might contradict my beliefs 'means nothing' "

    That's why it's not 'global warming' anymore, but 'climate change'. Lovely.
    Eh? El Nino is a "natural" weather phenomena scientifically recognised, which has an effect on global climate.

    Saying, it's bloody cold and snowing where I live, so global warming/climate change is rubbish, is not.

    Can you see the difference?
    "Slavery is the daughter of darkness; an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction; ambition and intrigue take advantage of the credulity and inexperience of men who have no political, economic or civil knowledge. They mistake pure illusion for reality, license for freedom, treason for patriotism, vengeance for justice."-Simón Bolívar

  18. #18
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    02-07-2018 @ 06:46 PM
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    Professor Phil Jones said in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Times that he had thought about killing himself “several times”.
    These climate nuts think too much and never put their thoughts into action

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Agent_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    Pre-Apocalyptic Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    I do hope that you are ready for the tri-Laterals to take over, as ONE WORLD- ONE GOVT. is about to happen.
    I don't believe our species is socially evolved to the point of a workable one world government yet, we're too hung up with tribalistic thinking. So rest easy, old dude, ain't gonna happen for awhile--if ever.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belepheron View Post
    It's amazing in a way how people like to slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief. Maybe Red (Ant) Robbo would prefer data picked from that erudite source of all that is good and truthful, The Sun newpaper (I use the term newspaper in it's loosest form).
    It's nothing to do with the source and everything to do with the fact that the so-called "climategate" is nothing of the sort. There is no conspiracy or Machiavellian plot, the leaked e-mails simply don't show what some purport they do (increasingly what some apparently hope they do, actually). Whatever names yourself and JJ want to call me doesn't change that one jot.

    And there's no small amount of irony in you using the phrase "slag off sources that produce data that do not support their pet theory or belief" either considering the continued wilfull blindness to this point.

    That JJ repeatedly ignores this fact and is now hanging his hat on the peg of the comments section of a timesonline article is laughable, but again nothing to do with the source.
    The fact is the 2007(?) report from the IPCC has been shown to be so full of dodgy data and questionable references...
    Such as... ?
    I don't recall calling you names. I leave that to the likes of you!

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    I do hope that you are ready for the tri-Laterals to take over, as ONE WORLD- ONE GOVT. is about to happen.
    I don't believe our species is socially evolved to the point of a workable one world government yet, we're too hung up with tribalistic thinking. So rest easy, old dude, ain't gonna happen for awhile--if ever.
    Welcome to global carbon tax!

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    I don't recall calling you names. I leave that to the likes of you!
    You engaged in ad hominen JJ. And you've just done it again in your typically disingenuous way.

    Really your arguments are fundamentally flawed if you can't debate them on the merits and instead have to resort to such.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Jesus Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Posts
    6,952
    It's possibly your arrogance and elitist attitude along with your annoyance that people, and a fair few of them at that, are not prepared to think along the same lines as you.

    I don't recall getting into name calling unless i have reacted to one direct at myself. However, you can not deny, reading from your other post and other threads, that you do tend to get involved in the "my daddy is tougher than yours" mentality.

    Good-day sir!

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Agent_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    Pre-Apocalyptic Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones
    Welcome to global carbon tax!
    Meaning what?

    It is almost amusing (in a sad way) how many in society fight against progressive clean energy ideas. We have the technology now to rid our planet of carbon emitting power sources but simply lack the will or, in JJ's case, lack the belief that dirtying our planet has absolutely no long term consequences. Even if you don't believe in man-made climate change I would hope that enough rational folks would make the choice to live on a clean planet. But, as is par for the course with our species, money trumps wisdom.
    "I can't be worried about that shit. Life goes on, man."
    ~The Dude

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    It's possibly your arrogance and elitist attitude along with your annoyance that people, and a fair few of them at that, are not prepared to think along the same lines as you.
    I could care less about people thinking along the same lines as me, much less what others think of me. For one it's not a popularity contest, for another your subjctive view and opinion of me is completely and utterly irrelevant. What's telling is your constant recourse to that however.

    So frankly you should be more concerned with your inability to logically, coherently and rationally debate an issue.
    I don't recall getting into name calling unless i have reacted to one direct at myself. However, you can not deny, reading from your other post and other threads, that you do tend to get involved in the "my daddy is tougher than yours" mentality.

    Good-day sir!
    If you can't recall you've an epically poor memory then, you've just called me names in the preceeding paragraph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •