Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,448

    Ohio, Condemned man finds own veins in botched execution

    Ohio executioners fail to find vein

    </EM>
    By Lewis Smith

    Wednesday, 16 September 2009





    A death row prisoner was driven to trying to insert lethal injection needles into his own arms after executioners spent more than two hours failing to find suitable veins.

    Romell Broom was seen sobbing as executioners at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in the United States repeatedly botched attempts to attach the IV tubes that deliver three lethal chemicals into the blood stream.
    Eventually, two-and-a-half hours after Broom first approached the death chamber, he was given a week's reprieve by Ted Strickland, the governor of Ohio.
    Broom's execution was initially set for 10am local time but delays in a last-gasp and ultimately unsuccessful legal appeal against execution meant the attempts to fix IV tubes did not start until 2pm. The brief stay of execution was ordered at 4.30pm.
    Mr Strictland agreed to the stay after the prisoner's lawyer, Tim Sweeney, pointed out in a note to the Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Thomas Moyer that to prolong the procedure would violate Ohio's law that lethal injections are supposed to be "quick and painless". He added: "Any further attempts today to carry out the execution of Mr Broom would be cruel and unusual punishment."
    Prisons director Terry Collins said that the botched execution "absolutely, positively" did not shake his faith in lethal injections.
    Broom, 53, was condemned to death for raping and murdering Tryna Middleton, a 14-year-old girl, after abducting her at knifepoint in 1984.




    should be more executions like this, lethal injection is too easy on the killers.

    this man went through hell, just like his poor victim, and he has to go through it all again.
    Last edited by taxexile; 16-09-2009 at 08:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat nedwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    06-07-2016 @ 05:28 PM
    Location
    sunshine coast
    Posts
    7,710
    maybe he shoulda just drank the cocktail instead

  3. #3
    Dan
    Guest
    Fucking barbarians.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,448
    Fucking barbarians.
    the prison or the rapist murderer ??

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    Broom, 53, was condemned to death for raping and murdering Tryna Middleton, a 14-year-old girl, after abducting her at knifepoint in 1984.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Fucking barbarians.
    Agreed.

  6. #6
    Boxed Member
    Nawty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Location
    in a state of mind
    Posts
    9,711
    Hope they sterilised the site first.

    If i were the girls parents...I would have had a shit arsed grin from ear to ear....

  7. #7
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,683
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    should be more executions like this, lethal injection is too easy on the killers.
    They should design a new type of death chair where the guy sits in it and there's a revolver attached and points directly in his mouth, then one of his hands could be strapped to the revolver the other hand, strapped just a few inches away from his gonads.

    Then just leave him with no food or water and no t.v until he just cant take the compulsion to re-adjust his balls any longer and he just blows his own head off.

  8. #8
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Always have said that the firing squad was the best, surest and painless.

    Coarse for rapo.murders, thats another thing, maybe get it right on the 4th try would be the best thing.

  9. #9
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    Always have said that the firing squad was the best, surest and painless.
    Sorry, I disagree.
    Long Drop is the surest and least painful

  10. #10
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    And you know this how?

  11. #11
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    03-01-2010 @ 05:48 PM
    Location
    in wonderland
    Posts
    132
    Welcome to the U.S of A barbaric, agreed.

  12. #12
    Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mousehole
    Posts
    20,902
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    And you know this how?
    Statistics

  13. #13
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    16-09-2009 @ 01:44 PM
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    Ohio executioners fail to find vein

    </EM>
    By Lewis Smith

    Wednesday, 16 September 2009





    A death row prisoner was driven to trying to insert lethal injection needles into his own arms after executioners spent more than two hours failing to find suitable veins.

    Romell Broom was seen sobbing as executioners at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in the United States repeatedly botched attempts to attach the IV tubes that deliver three lethal chemicals into the blood stream.
    Eventually, two-and-a-half hours after Broom first approached the death chamber, he was given a week's reprieve by Ted Strickland, the governor of Ohio.
    Broom's execution was initially set for 10am local time but delays in a last-gasp and ultimately unsuccessful legal appeal against execution meant the attempts to fix IV tubes did not start until 2pm. The brief stay of execution was ordered at 4.30pm.
    Mr Strictland agreed to the stay after the prisoner's lawyer, Tim Sweeney, pointed out in a note to the Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Thomas Moyer that to prolong the procedure would violate Ohio's law that lethal injections are supposed to be "quick and painless". He added: "Any further attempts today to carry out the execution of Mr Broom would be cruel and unusual punishment."
    Prisons director Terry Collins said that the botched execution "absolutely, positively" did not shake his faith in lethal injections.
    Broom, 53, was condemned to death for raping and murdering Tryna Middleton, a 14-year-old girl, after abducting her at knifepoint in 1984.




    should be more executions like this, lethal injection is too easy on the killers.

    this man went through hell, just like his poor victim, and he has to go through it all again.
    poor lad

    sick puppy !!!

    bullets are painless .
    bring back public exucutions

    yeah!! but make it a sweaty chair so he adjusts quicker..

  14. #14
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    03-01-2010 @ 05:48 PM
    Location
    in wonderland
    Posts
    132
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

    No way....a lifetime behind bars is far worse than a death sentence.

    Psychological warfare here, a few minutes of anticipation or lead up months to it, or years of limbo.

    Barbaric.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    The great old US of A setting an example for the rest of the world yet again.

  16. #16
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    03-01-2010 @ 05:48 PM
    Location
    in wonderland
    Posts
    132
    This shite is shite and farking sad shite.

  17. #17
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by malice
    No way....a lifetime behind bars is far worse than a death sentence.
    I also believe that is the way to go, as long as that lifetime does not exceed 2 weeks from sentence date to death date.
    I am damn tried of supporting a bunch of lazy ass murderers and rapists with VCR's, Cable TV, Free lawyers and air conditioned living facility's and the finest food available to mankind simply because they can not live within the confines of civilization.

    Execution within 24 hours of entering DEATH ROW.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,448
    I am damn tried of supporting a bunch of lazy ass murderers and rapists with VCR's, Cable TV, Free lawyers and air conditioned living facility's and the finest food available to mankind simply because they can not live within the confines of civilization.
    you're not wrong there.


    Prison meals 'better than hospital food'




    Monday, 31 August 2009


    People are far more likely to go hungry in an NHS hospital than in a prison, researchers have said.


    This is despite prisons spending less per person on meals than hospitals do.
    Experts from Bournemouth University have been studying the food offered to inmates and across the NHS.
    They believe hospital patients face barriers in getting good nutrition, including not receiving assistance with eating and nobody monitoring if they are well fed.
    Professor John Edwards said around 40% of patients going into hospital were already malnourished but this situation did not tend to improve while there.
    "If you are in prison then the diet you get is extremely good in terms of nutritional content," he went on.
    "The food that is provided is actually better than most civilians have.
    "There's a focus on carbohydrates, then there's the way they prepare the food, it's very healthy.
    "They don't add salt and there's relatively little frying of food - if you have a burger then it goes in the oven.
    "Hospital patients don't consume enough. If you are using food as a means of treatment then it's not working."

  19. #19
    Out there...
    StrontiumDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    BKK
    Posts
    40,030
    Which is fine except for when they are wrongly convicted and you execute an innocent person.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    in 1984.
    If someone is sentenced to death, why is the execution done 25 years after the crime?

  21. #21
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    This dude had pobly shot enough dope to know exactly where to stick the needle.

    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    Which is fine except for when they are wrongly convicted and you execute an innocent person
    With almost 7 billion people on earth today,,we can afford to make a fuck up once in a while and not hurt anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by natalie8
    If someone is sentenced to death, why is the execution done 25 years after the crime?
    See there natalie, with my plan there would never be a dude on death row for over a couple of days and look at the money we would save.

  22. #22
    Member
    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    16-02-2012 @ 07:26 PM
    Location
    Songkhla
    Posts
    466
    Judge a Nation by its justice.

    M

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    BigRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2018 @ 02:43 AM
    Location
    Hope Valley nr. Sheffield
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie8
    If someone is sentenced to death, why is the execution done 25 years after the crime? natalie8 is offline Add to natalie8's Reputation Report Post
    They like to keep some on hold then kill a few when they are campaigning on a tough on crime ticket.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    18-02-2019 @ 11:38 AM
    Posts
    126
    Originally Posted by blackgang
    With almost 7 billion people on earth today,,we can afford to make a fuck up once in a while and not hurt anything.
    I wonder if you would feel the same way if it is your ass on the line...

  25. #25
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    Broom...was convicted of raping and stabbing to death a 14-year-old girl in 1984 in Cleveland. He abducted Tryna Middleton at knifepoint then raped her and stabbed her seven times. He's been in prison since Oct. 24, 1985.
    After he was sent to death row, prosecutors won convictions against him for previous crimes -- another rape, kidnapping and aggravated robbery.


    Child rapist, murderer gets clemency hearing next week - cleveland.com


    Quote Originally Posted by natalie8 View Post
    If someone is sentenced to death, why is the execution done 25 years after the crime?
    Libbie lawyer appeals delayed the execution and make the taxpayers pay to feed, clothe, house and provide free entertainment for these feks, Dear Natalie. His last appeal failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    Which is fine except for when they are wrongly convicted and you execute an innocent person
    True. Why did Scotland release that Lockerbie bomber again?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodenshoe View Post
    Originally Posted by blackgang
    With almost 7 billion people on earth today,,we can afford to make a fuck up once in a while and not hurt anything.
    I wonder if you would feel the same way if it is your ass on the line...
    You do the crime, you do the time or in this case, you die.

    Tryna would have been 39 this year, likely had a family, kids, etc. This fek raped her and then stabbed her seven times. How many tries with the botched needle attempt? They shoulda tried seven times IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •