Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,775

    Australia - Richard Marshall 'too ill' to face buggery charges

    Richard Marshall 'too ill' to face buggery charges


    A FORMER children's television entertainer is too ill to face court on charges including buggery and rape, his lawyer said.

    Richard Marshall is bedridden with dementia and Parkinson's disease, his lawyer Greg Mead told the South Australian District Court today.

    Marshall, 80, has been charged with 10 counts of buggery, two counts of indecent assault, and rape and unlawful sexual intercourse.

    The offences allegedly occurred between 1971 and 1977, when Marshall was a prominent children's entertainer on Adelaide television and director of the Cottage Theatre company.

    Marshall was to have entered pleas to the charges today but was absent from court.

    "He's not physically or mentally fit enough to attend court and that situation won't change," Mr Mead told the court.

    Marshall's lawyers will seek further medical evidence to present to the court at a later date.


  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    20-10-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    Posts
    7,959
    So the old bugger is pretty crook?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    24-05-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Posts
    1,713
    That's newsworthy??

  4. #4
    Member Rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    512
    buggery? Is that a Aussie pass time?

  5. #5
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    with dementia and Parkinson's disease
    Buggered senseless? He must be a happy cobber..

  6. #6
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,541
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    lawyers
    when you are rich enough to have a legal team you don't need to concern yourself with the rules of the plebs

  7. #7
    Member
    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    16-02-2012 @ 07:26 PM
    Location
    Songkhla
    Posts
    466
    " Cottage ' theatre being true name? yes?

  8. #8
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    Also, I think the focus that the liberal MSM has on TV Moderators is unwarranted. They are not all bad.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    70's embuggerment, Rodox revelry. Nice!!!

  10. #10
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,389
    Adelaide used to be famous for sexual deviancy.

  11. #11
    Member
    grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    18-08-2019 @ 07:52 PM
    Location
    sydney by the beach
    Posts
    901
    "His only desire was a boy in the choir
    with a bum like jelly on springs." - Anon.


  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    crippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    " Cottage ' theatre being true name? yes?
    I can only just believe they call a theatre 'Cottage' Theatre and nobody notice the connexion

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Mr R Sole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    The back of beyond..on the bloody PC by the looks of it!!
    Posts
    2,046
    Bugger me the old gits too ill to face the charges...Someone get round his house and Bugger the old git for some hours and see if he remembers anything...dirty old Shi*bag

    Allow his victims to Fu*k his brains out with blunt intstruments of their choice...

  14. #14
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Marshall, 80, has been charged with 10 counts of buggery
    Am I missing something here . . . since when is 'buggery' illegal?

  15. #15
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,389
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Marshall, 80, has been charged with 10 counts of buggery and rape
    Am I missing something here . . . since when is 'buggery' illegal?
    Probably when it's associated with 'rape'.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Johnny Longprong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    24-06-2019 @ 08:11 PM
    Posts
    1,008
    Well I'll be buggered, old Dickie boy is a bronzer eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat
    Am I missing something here . . . since when is 'buggery' illegal?
    I have a feeling that it may have been illegal then. Now we are all enlightened and he is just gay.

    I know these things because I used to be a poofter until my mates told me about girls. (Now I am a lesbian).

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Attilla the Hen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    18-08-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Adelaide used to be famous for sexual deviancy.
    Thought that was Tasmania?

  18. #18
    I am in Jail
    Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    14-05-2014 @ 05:06 PM
    Posts
    6,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilla the Hen
    Thought that was Tasmania?
    Nope. Always South Australia and particularly Adelaide (the city of churches, coincidentally)

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    crippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Attilla the Hen
    Thought that was Tasmania?
    Nope. Always South Australia and particularly Adelaide (the city of churches, coincidentally)
    Churches Yes same trouble in U.K.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Well, bugger me!

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    Normally I have no sympathy whatsoever for these people, but these cases in which they "dig up" charges that are over 30 years old are frightening and an abuse of the power of the State. We've had these cases in the USA too, they usually involve some psycho bitch who goes to a shrink after a lifetime of emotional "problems" and is "found" to have "repressed memories" of "abuse" from her childhood. Many psychologists and psychiatrists are insane themselves, and this nonsense can easily result in an innocent man being accused in a case in which it is very difficult to defend himself.

    PS: I have no idea who this is, he's apparently an Aussie celebrity, but the simple fact he probably has a lot of money and is too old to defend himself can be ample reason for some people to bring unfounded allegations against him now. Yes, sadly there are people that greedy, evil and manipulative in this World.
    Last edited by BobR; 29-07-2009 at 07:00 AM.

  22. #22
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    18,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Marshall, 80, has been charged with 10 counts of buggery and rape
    Am I missing something here . . . since when is 'buggery' illegal?
    Probably when it's associated with 'rape'.
    Right. I only read the OP, not the link. Thanks

  23. #23
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR
    PS: I have no idea who this is, he's apparently an Aussie celebrity, but the simple fact he probably has a lot of money and is too old to defend himself can be ample reason for some people to bring unfounded allegations against him now. Yes, sadly there are people that greedy, evil and manipulative in this World.
    Not in Australia, they have not advanced as far as the US yet, so there is none of the Michel Jackson type "Pay me and I will forget all about the old up the Bum trick you pulled".

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Mr R Sole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    The back of beyond..on the bloody PC by the looks of it!!
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Longprong
    I know these things because I used to be a poofter until my mates told me about girls. (Now I am a lesbian).

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR
    PS: I have no idea who this is, he's apparently an Aussie celebrity, but the simple fact he probably has a lot of money and is too old to defend himself can be ample reason for some people to bring unfounded allegations against him now. Yes, sadly there are people that greedy, evil and manipulative in this World.
    Not in Australia, they have not advanced as far as the US yet, so there is none of the Michel Jackson type "Pay me and I will forget all about the old up the Bum trick you pulled".

    That's not what I meant, if you can get him convicted criminally, then it's easy to sue him in civil court.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •