Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,775

    Aussie MPs, they aint all rapists

    'Rape allegation a try-on for payout'
    Rick Wallace, Victorian political reporter

    VETERAN Labor MP Theo Theophanous has described as hurtful and devastating claims that he raped a woman, and said they were designed to establish a civil damages claim against him.

    The former industry minister, who has stood aside while the claims are being investigated, proclaimed his innocence yesterday as Premier John Brumby urged police to speed up their inquiries into the woman's claim that she was raped by Mr Theophanous in his parliamentary office in 1998.

    Labor insiders bemoaned the damage the scandal was causing the party. Several senior party figures have proclaimed Mr Theophanous's career finished regardless of the outcome of the investigation, but supporters said yesterday he would be vindicated and would reclaim his position.

    Mr Theophanous yesterday lashed out in a statement at The Age after it published claims from his alleged victim, a woman now in her early 40s, accusing him of an assault that ruined her life and left her in need of psychiatric help.

    "I was shocked to read in today's Age statements from a person accusing me of the most horrible crimes that are totally against all the moral and religious values I believe in," Mr Theophanous said.
    The woman was an acquaintance of his and claims in the report that she fled to Greece after the alleged rape and a subsequent nervous breakdown.

    "He raped me," she is reported as saying. "I am opening Pandora's box, but I need to get everything out."

    Police have been investigating the woman's claims since she lodged a complaint in February last year.

    Mr Theophanous reiterated his innocence, and predicted a proper investigation would establish he had no case to answer.
    He accused the woman, who says the incident occurred when she accompanied him to parliament after a late-night drink, of speaking out as a prelude to an attempt to secure a payout.
    "I am concerned that statements have been made which are clearly designed to establish a case for a civil action for damages, whether or not I am charged with any offence," Mr Theophanous said.

    "Rape is a horrendous crime. To be wrongly accused of such a crime is deeply harmful to me and my family. These accusations have never been put to me before, and to be put publicly in this way places me in the most difficult position."

    Mr Brumby said yesterday the claims about Mr Theophanous were "about as serious as you can get", and that he had been shocked by them. He urged police, who are expected to interview Mr Theophanous next week, to accelerate their investigation.


  2. #2
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,035
    Being of Hellenic origins one cannot discount buggery, of course

  3. #3
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Sleazy wog.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    17-02-2012 @ 04:10 PM
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud
    Sleazy wog.
    now who is a bigot!!

  5. #5
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    ^ not I. Wog is a friendly racial epithet for Australians of Mediterranean heritage.


  6. #6
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    friendly racial epithet
    Contradiction in terms.

  7. #7
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    friendly racial epithet
    Contradiction in terms.
    Err, no.

    A racial epithet is not automatically derogatory, demeaning or racist.

    It is also the context in which it is used.

    For example if I was referred to jokingly as a 'Sweaty Sock' by someone of English persuasion that would also be a friendly racial epithet.
    Mortals you defy the Gods, I sentence you to travel among unknown stars, until you find the Kingdom of Hades, your bodies will stay as lifeless as stone.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud View Post
    For example if I was referred to jokingly as a 'Sweaty Sock' by someone of English persuasion that would also be a friendly racial epithet.
    Scots ('Jock/Sock') aren't a race, "Sweaty Sock" isn't a racial epithet.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    26-06-2015 @ 01:33 AM
    Location
    โรงแรมม่านรูด
    Posts
    4,290
    A sort of Mic, Mac, Paddy, Wak leave the Wog alone?

  10. #10
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Scots ('Jock/Sock') aren't a race, "Sweaty Sock" isn't a racial epithet.
    By that rational neither is 'Paki' because Pakistanis are not a race.

    Neither is 'wog' because greeks, italians and Lebonese are not races either.

    Wrong again Ant.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Scots ('Jock/Sock') aren't a race, "Sweaty Sock" isn't a racial epithet.
    By that rational neither is 'Paki' because Pakistanis are not a race.

    Neither is 'wog' because greeks, italians and Lebonese are not races either.

    Wrong again Ant.
    Nice attempt on semantics but no, you're twisting the 'rationale' to suit. Scots aren't a race, end of.

  12. #12
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Neither are wogs, your point caller?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud View Post
    Neither are wogs, your point caller?
    My point is that "friendly racial epithet" is a contradiction in terms and that 'Scots' isn't a 'race'.

    Clear enough for you?

  14. #14
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    No it's not clear because as I have already pointed out, a 'friendly racial epithet' is not a contradiction in terms and while the Scots may not be a race, calling a Scotsman a 'Jock' or a 'Sweaty Sock' is still in fact a racial epithet.

    It's elementary stuff.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    'friendly racial epithet' is not a contradiction in terms and while the Scots may not be a race, calling a Scotsman a 'Jock' or a 'Sweaty Sock' is still in fact a racial epithet
    Firstly there's no "may" about it, Scots simply isn't a race. Ergo how can "Sweaty Sock" be a racial epithet when it lacks the requisite "race" requirement. That's like arguing an iguana is a member of the bird family without wings; sure it lacks the wings but that doesn't make it a wingless bird, it's still a lizard.

    Secondly "friendly racial epithet" is a contradiction in terms and arguing that it isn't based on a logical fallacy doesn't change that. Look up "racial epithet" if you don't believe me.

  16. #16
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Look up "racial epithet" if you don't believe me.
    I don't need to look anything up!

    You are confused with a racial slur, which is by definition, derogatory.

  17. #17
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Firstly there's no "may" about it, Scots simply isn't a race. Ergo how can "Sweaty Sock" be a racial epithet when it lacks the requisite "race" requirement.
    So if I call the Thais slanty-eyed little buggers I am not a racist because Thais are not a race?

    Come on Ant, engage the brain a little here.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,844
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Firstly there's no "may" about it, Scots simply isn't a race. Ergo how can "Sweaty Sock" be a racial epithet when it lacks the requisite "race" requirement.
    So if I call the Thais slanty-eyed little buggers I am not a racist because Thais are not a race?

    Come on Ant, engage the brain a little here.
    Thais are a race, the're Asian. Therefore "slanty-eyed little buggers" is a racial epithet, "Sweaty Sock" is not because 'Scottish' is a nationality not a race. It's really quite simple and I'm not sure why you're struggling with it.

  19. #19
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,602
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    that are totally against all the moral and religious values I believe in," Mr Theophanous said.
    I wonder if he was married at the time ?

  20. #20
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    I think the title of this thread goes much too far.

    I think DD should issue an apology to all rapists for equating them to Aussie MPs.

  21. #21
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    10-02-2009 @ 01:15 AM
    Location
    uk south
    Posts
    154
    how about_ you lot are a bunch of wankers?

  22. #22
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    10-02-2009 @ 01:15 AM
    Location
    uk south
    Posts
    154
    here comes reds

  23. #23
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,035
    Quote Originally Posted by andy55
    how about_ you lot are a bunch of wankers?
    Bugger off










    (get it? Grekk guy . . . bugering . . .bugger off. ............. I'll get my coat.)

  24. #24
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,285
    Quote Originally Posted by andy55
    how about_ you lot are a bunch of wankers?
    Is this a racial epitaph?

  25. #25
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    ^only if you come from Wanking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •