Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 270
  1. #151
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,574
    We've seen all this before ... fake news, anti "regime" hysteria, allegations, claims, no evidence provided, we are just supposed to trust them because "they must know something we don't know". All bollocks and war mongering.

  2. #152
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    We've seen all this before ... fake news, anti "regime" hysteria, allegations, claims, no evidence provided, we are just supposed to trust them because "they must know something we don't know". All bollocks and war mongering.
    all true.
    i think the difference will be that this time around the "coalition of the willing" will be KSA (along with most of the GCC) and israel.....which should create enough of a distraction to allow it to go forward without too much pushback from congress and the citizenry.

  3. #153
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Posts
    11,434
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    all true.
    i think the difference will be that this time around the "coalition of the willing" will be KSA (along with most of the GCC) and israel.....which should create enough of a distraction to allow it to go forward without too much pushback from congress and the citizenry.
    In that case let's just hope Iran bombs the fuck out of KSA with whatever it has so some good comes out of all this.

  4. #154
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,879
    A Classic case of wag the dog. The Neocons control the WH. Drumpf is not looking likely to be reelected. There it is.

    So much for the theory that Hillary would be the war monger.

  5. #155
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    We've seen all this before ... fake news, anti "regime" hysteria, allegations, claims, no evidence provided, we are just supposed to trust them because "they must know something we don't know".
    Ah yes, that quote rings a bell. It's Harry!

  6. #156
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Posts
    4,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    We've seen all this before ... fake news, anti "regime" hysteria, allegations, claims, no evidence provided, we are just supposed to trust them because...
    ...they are trumpeted by the meticulously selected and trustfully elected representants of the population with a kind help of "recognized media"...

  7. #157
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    58,156
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Ah yes, that quote rings a bell. It's Harry!
    Well most people know stuff you don't know lom, so don't be embarrassed.

  8. #158
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    10,561
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Ah yes, that quote rings a bell. It's Harry!
    yeah, harry signature for everything the government says, like a good little puddle dog

  9. #159
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,197
    Trump is following Teddy Roosevelt’s foreign policy approach.

    "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

    He definately has a big stick but his speak softly bit needs work.

  10. #160
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    27,782
    Non essential personnel are being pulled from the Iraq embassy.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-tensions-iran
    Last edited by Cujo; 15-05-2019 at 09:06 PM.

  11. #161
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Non essential personnel have been pulled from the Iraq embassy.
    Just saw that on Al Jezeera.

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...081039448.html

  12. #162
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    58,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Non essential personnel are being pulled from the Iraq embassy.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-tensions-iran

    Well lom, since you fucking know everything, perhaps you could tell us why.


  13. #163
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,750
    It's only a matter of time before Iranian storm troopers are tipping babies out of incubators.

  14. #164
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Maj Gen Chris Ghika, a British senior officer in the US-backed coalition fighting Islamic State, who said: “There’s been no increased threat from Iranian-backed forces in Iraq and Syria.”

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-tensions-iran
    Interesting article...
    Last edited by foobar; 15-05-2019 at 11:18 PM.

  15. #165
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,574
    Typical US posturing. They make accusations of a "credible and possibly imminent threats to US forces in Iraq" by Iranian forces but at the same time they want Iran to believe that the US poses a credible and possibly imminent threat to Iran and its forces. Hypocrites. Yanks go home.
    signature

  16. #166
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,796
    each US flag represents a US military base....


  17. #167
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    58,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Typical US posturing. They make accusations of a "credible and possibly imminent threats to US forces in Iraq" by Iranian forces but at the same time they want Iran to believe that the US poses a credible and possibly imminent threat to Iran and its forces. Hypocrites. Yanks go home.

    "Non essential personnel are being pulled from the Iraq embassy."

    Usually civilian contractors, IT workers, secretaries, local hires, etc.

    So what's your point exactly?

  18. #168
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,574
    Which part of my post don't you understand?

  19. #169
    lom
    lom is offline
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    8,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Which part of my post don't you understand?
    Considering his reply I'd say it is all of it. But that's not your fault.

  20. #170
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,750

  21. #171
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    58,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Which part of my post don't you understand?
    I wrote it in English. Is it your second language or something?

    So what's your point exactly?
    They're hypocritical because they are posturing against the Iranian military but making sure they're covered if Al Sadr's nutty militia try and do something stupid?

    Do you have any fucking clue what is going on in Iraq?

  22. #172
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    29,197
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Do you have any fucking clue what is going on in Iraq?
    Common knowledge. They have WMDs!

  23. #173
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    16,574
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They're hypocritical because they are posturing against the Iranian military but making sure they're covered if Al Sadr's nutty militia try and do something stupid?
    So that "message to Iran" with all those ships and stuff was supposed to actually read "message to Al Sadr"?

    Thanks for translating it from Trump regime speak to 'Arry speak.

  24. #174
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Posts
    4,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Common knowledge. They have WMDs!
    In contrast to others (please no names here) who have WMD (Weapons of Mass Deception)..

  25. #175
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    58,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    So that "message to Iran" with all those ships and stuff was supposed to actually read "message to Al Sadr"?

    Thanks for translating it from Trump regime speak to 'Arry speak.
    Well if you wanted to prove that you don't know how the Middle East works, you've succeeded.

    Well done.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •