Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103

    U.S., UK conduct first joint drills in contested South China Sea

    Should get the Chinkies (and of course their toadying sycophant Ohoh) squealing...

    TOKYO (Reuters) - The United States and Britain have conducted their first joint naval drills in the disputed South China Sea since China built island bases there, the two navies said on Wednesday, as Washington seeks help from allies to keep pressure on Beijing.


    A U.S. Navy guided missile destroyer the USS McCampbell, which is based in Japan, and a Royal Navy frigate, HMS Argyll, which is on a tour of Asia, conducted communication drills and other exercises from Friday to Wednesday “to address common security priorities”, the U.S. Navy said in a press release.

    “There’s no record in recent history of operations together, specifically in the South China Sea,” a U.S. Navy spokesman said.


    No such joint drills have been conducted there since at least 2010, he added.



    The exercise comes after another British warship, the 22,000 ton HMS Albion, sailed close to the Paracel island chain claimed by China in the South China Sea in August.

    It was the first time Britain had directly challenged China’s growing control of the strategic waterway and came after the United States said it would like to see more international participation in such action. Beijing accused London of engaging in “provocation”.


    The McCampbell this month passed within 12 nautical miles of the same island chain in a freedom of navigation operation, which the U.S. Navy said was to “challenge excessive maritime claims”.




    China’s claims in the South China Sea, through which some $3 trillion of shipborne trade passes each year, are contested by Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam. Neither the United States of Britain has territorial claims in the area.


    Pictures of China’s island bases released last year appear to show truck-mounted surface-to-air missiles or anti-ship cruise missiles. China’s air force has also landed bombers on disputed islands as part of a training exercises in the region.

    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ru...PA0VF?rpc=401&

  2. #2
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,047
    Bloody trouble-makers.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,841
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The McCampbell this month passed within 12 nautical miles of the same island chain in a freedom of navigation operation,
    Grow some balls. Get in close and anchor up for a few days. Get the sailors to pull brown eyes every hour on the hour. Make a point. I seriously doubt China would fire first because that would result in the years of work creating the islands being blown to smithereens, and they know it.

    I do wonder how they decide just how close to get as I'm sure the 12 nm was not arbitrary.

  4. #4
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    Grow some balls. Get in close and anchor up for a few days. Get the sailors to pull brown eyes every hour on the hour. Make a point. I seriously doubt China would fire first because that would result in the years of work creating the islands being blown to smithereens, and they know it.

    I do wonder how they decide just how close to get as I'm sure the 12 nm was not arbitrary.

    They don't fucking own it, so anyone can land on it.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    British warship, the 22,000 ton HMS Albion, sailed close to the Paracel island chain
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The McCampbell this month passed within 12 nautical miles of the same island chain
    No actual mention of how close, in nautical miles, the UK warship went to the Chinese islands. When the UK closes to less than 12 nautical miles it will be a story. When the UK routinely breaches the 12 nautical miles internationally recognised by all signatories of the UNCLOS, Chinese territorial waters, it will be noted and a diplomatic note sent.

    The same as China has reacted previously to these diplomatic incidents.

    https://sputniknews.com/asia/2019010...ea-us-warship/

    Meanwhile the ameristani navy offers to the world a very impressive video to scare the world. Lots of missiles being fired and fast ships. Not so many of the Albion's single cannon and machine guns. The crews exchanged berths and possibly body fluids to cement their relationship.



    Until then it's just very small and atrophying dick waving, from one dead and another dying empire.The small brown natives used to be scared of both, now, not so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Pictures of China’s island bases released last year appear to show truck-mounted surface-to-air missiles or anti-ship cruise missiles. China’s air force has also landed bombers on disputed islands as part of a training exercises in the region.
    "Appear to show", or were they "fake"? Put up or shut up.

    "Landed bombers" but are unable to show any evidence of parked bombers on the islands. Fake news or just tub thumping/hearsay?

    ameristani military officially post, themselves, photos and videos showing ship "mounted surface-to-air missiles or anti-ship cruise missiles" on nuclear armed warships, "as part of a training exercises in the region" cruising around daily.

    ameristani air-force posts photos, themselves, photos and videos showing warplanes with "mounted air-to-air missiles or anti-ship cruise missiles and air to ground missiles/bombs" of nuclear armed planes "as part of a training exercises in the region" cruising around daily.

    Which appears not to be news to Reuters.

    Oh dear another non news post posted here from an unsubstantiated article and proven fake source.

    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,841
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They don't fucking own it, so anyone can land on it.
    Exactly. But possesion...9/10s etc from China's perspective. I think if anyone landed it would be an international incident.
    I would like to see the combined US and British navies escort a Philipino, Vietnamese, Bruneian, Malaysian and Taiwanese delegation to each respective claimed island and plant their respective flags and say to China, "watcha gonna do?".

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They don't fucking own it, so anyone can land on it.
    They own it in as much as ameristan "owns" part of North America and the UK "owns" a small island, north of France.

    In other words, try and land and expect to be repulsed back into a blood coloured sea and a sinking ship.The bubble of supremacy has been popped.

    Will a Jack Tar land on "it", plant a Union Jack and claim it for Lizze.


  8. #8
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    I do wonder how they decide just how close to get as I'm sure the 12 nm was not arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    12 nautical miles internationally recognised
    Ahhh, of course. So the West is respecting territorial claims of China.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    The UK doesn't have the resources to stop immigrants flooding across the English Channel in dingies, but they can still send the Royal Navy to engage in a meaningless patrol of man made islands off the coast of China?
    Last edited by foobar; 17-01-2019 at 07:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    So the West is respecting territorial claims of China.
    The UK is an UNCLOS signatory which forces it to comply with UNCLOS's rules. Or be forced to withdraw from the UN convention. Which would have consequences on it's own sovereignty claims.

    "The U.S.'s "freedom of navigation" challenge was based on the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, ratified by China but not the U.S"

    https://www.newsweek.com/china-milit...th-sea-1282736

    ameristan is not an UNCLOS signatory but uses it's "exceptional powers" to waive it's atrophying cock at all and sundry, whilst they smile at the poor felang.
    Last edited by OhOh; 17-01-2019 at 08:04 PM.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They don't fucking own it, so anyone can land on it.
    In that case, following your own logic ..the Chinese have every right to be there.

    However China does own the materials protruding from the sea.
    Can anyone just land on a US aircraft carrier because it happens to be in international waters?

    As for ownership, these islands are just off the coast of China and 10s of thousands of miles from the US/UK. so it stands to reason China has the greater claim, while the US/UK have no grounds for claim whatsoever.

    The fact these island are located in the South China Sea is kind of self-explanatory.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,841
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They don't fucking own it, so anyone can land on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    In that case, following your own logic ..the Chinese have every right to be there.
    No logic there. All the disputed islands and reefs belong to PI, VN et al. What Harry meant was anyone with the blessing of the non-Chinese owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    However China does own the materials protruding from the sea.
    Which they must remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    Can anyone just land on a US aircraft carrier because it happens to be in international waters?
    Really dumb argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    The fact these island are located in the South China Sea is kind of self-explanatory.
    Another really dumb argument. Following your "logic", every bit of land and reef in the Indian Ocean belongs to India.

  13. #13
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    6,007
    The extended and pathetic empire continues on....

  14. #14
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    In that case, following your own logic ..the Chinese have every right to be there.
    But they don't have the right to claim ownership.

    You thick, obtuse fucker.

    And they are not "just of the coast of China" you poorly educated slubberdegullion. They are "just off the coast of Vietnam".

    And no, it isn't called the "South China Sea" because the Chinese own it, you idiot.

    Added: It's important that the South China Sea is keep out of chinky hands, because the vindictive little slopes bastards could use it to cut Japan, Korea and Taiwan off from westbound trade if they so felt like it. And you wouldn't put it past them. Especially after South Korea fucked them over in the footy last night (Go Korea!).
    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 17-01-2019 at 08:31 PM.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    I would like to see the combined US and British navies escort a Philipino, Vietnamese, Bruneian, Malaysian and Taiwanese delegation to each respective claimed island and plant their respective flags and say to China, "watcha gonna do?".
    That donkey has already been investigated. Unfortunately the results show the ASEAN movers and shakers have already made their appraisal.

    "The survey by the ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute, affiliated with the Singapore government, polled 1,008 respondents from all ten nations of the ASEAN grouping, drawn from government, academic and business communities, civil society and the media.

    Six out of ten respondents said U.S. influence globally had deteriorated from a year ago and two-thirds believed U.S. engagement with Southeast Asia declined. About a third said they had little or no confidence in the U.S. as a strategic partner and provider of regional security."

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1P00GP

    But look for another local "leader", fix the elections, proclaim him/her the new emperor........

    Similar to South America,the ME, .........

    Or are they all now realising the paucity in ameristani "promises". Some are still amenable to a few trillion momentarily in an offshore bank account

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    That donkey has already been investigated. Unfortunately the results show the ASEAN movers and shakers have already made their appraisal.

    "The survey by the ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute, affiliated with the Singapore government, polled 1,008 respondents from all ten nations of the ASEAN grouping, drawn from government, academic and business communities, civil society and the media.

    Six out of ten respondents said U.S. influence globally had deteriorated from a year ago and two-thirds believed U.S. engagement with Southeast Asia declined. About a third said they had little or no confidence in the U.S. as a strategic partner and provider of regional security."

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1P00GP

    But look for another local "leader", fix the elections, proclaim him/her the new emperor........

    Similar to South America,the ME, .........

    Or are they all now realising the paucity in ameristani "promises". Some are still amenable to a few trillion momentarily in an offshore bank account
    None of that is surprising while they have a clueless, baldy orange cunto in charge.

    He has no fucking idea what he's doing.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    every bit of land and reef in the Indian Ocean belongs to India.
    Here is allegedly a list of the Islands of the Indian Oceans:

    Eastern Indian Ocean



    Western Indian Ocean




    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_in_the_Indian_Ocean

    You may notice some non Asian counties are listed as "owners" . Probably due to those non Asian countries invading, by military force and slaughtering their true owners historically.

    Some are still foreign owned, due no doubt to some "special" reason. Certainly not because the foreign owners are adjacent physically.
    Last edited by OhOh; 17-01-2019 at 09:17 PM.

  18. #18
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    6,007
    Damn Chinks.
    They're everywhere.



    ....and overwhelm with historical influence.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    But they...
    Thanks for the confirming the Chinese do have a right to be there.


    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    And they are not "just of the coast of China"
    The islands are more off the coast of China than they are off the coast of US/UK

    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    And no, it isn't called the "South China Sea" because the Chinese own it, you idiot.
    Strawman harry strikes again...

    It's called the South China Sea due to it's proximity to China.

    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Added: It's important that the South China Sea is keep out of chinky hands, because the vindictive little slopes bastards could use it to cut Japan, Korea and Taiwan off from westbound trade if they so felt like it.
    Yet, it's US/UK who are making the song and dance, not Japan, Korea or Taiwan.

    Although, thanks for confirming once again you are a nasty little racist bigot with an irrational fear of Chinese people.

    The thing that makes your bigoted posts most laughable is that you are a 3 week millionaire writing this on a Indochina forum.
    Last edited by foobar; 17-01-2019 at 09:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    All the disputed islands and reefs belong to PI, VN et al.
    It doesn't sound like ownership has been established if they are indeed disputed.

    Anyway Manny, you should be more worried about your own legality in regards to working in Thailand without a work visa ...than some disputed islands in the South China Sea.

    Some people might say you shoulnd't be in Thailand....

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    have a clueless, baldy orange cunto in charge.
    The previous incumbents did?

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    because the vindictive little slopes bastards could use it to cut Japan, Korea and Taiwan off from westbound trade if they so felt like it
    Of course they could, possibly try in some future time. Currently they are trying by peaceful persuasion and offering an alternative win/win solution.

    Unlike the ameristani public utterances of blockading countries physically, financially, by starvation or just bombing the shit out of them today, tomorrow .....

    Ryan Zinke: Naval blockade is an option for dealing with Russia

    "Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says the U.S. Navy can blockade Russia if needed to keep it from controlling energy supplies in the Middle East as it does in Europe. "The United States has that ability, with our Navy, to make sure the sea lanes are open, and, if necessary, to blockade ... to make sure that their energy does not go to market," Zinke said on Friday at an industry event in Pittsburgh hosted by the Consumer Energy Alliance."

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ng-with-russia

    Trump threatens to ‘devastate’ Turkish economy if it attacks Kurdish militants in Syria



    "Donald Trump
    threatened to “devastate” Turkey’s economy if its attacks Kurdish militants in Syria after the planned withdrawal of US troops from Syria.

    The president’s extraordinary warning to a Nato ally saw the Turkish lira slide against the dollar and prompted backlash from Ankara.
    Mr Trump said on Twitter the US was starting the military pull-out from Syria, but would continue its offensives against remaining Isis fighters there.

    “Will attack again from existing nearby base if it reforms,” he wrote. “Will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds. Create 20 mile safe zone...Likewise, do not want the Kurds to provoke Turkey.”


    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-turkey-economy-kurdish-militant-syria-erdogan-devastate-threat-twitter-ypg-sanctions-tariffs-a8726506.html


    But you just keep painting everyone with the same old brush.

  23. #23
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Of course they could, possibly try in some future time. Currently they are trying by peaceful persuasion and offering an alternative win/win solution.

    Unlike the ameristani public utterances of blockading countries physically, financially, by starvation or just bombing the shit out of them today, tomorrow .....

    Ryan Zinke: Naval blockade is an option for dealing with Russia

    "Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says the U.S. Navy can blockade Russia if needed to keep it from controlling energy supplies in the Middle East as it does in Europe. "The United States has that ability, with our Navy, to make sure the sea lanes are open, and, if necessary, to blockade ... to make sure that their energy does not go to market," Zinke said on Friday at an industry event in Pittsburgh hosted by the Consumer Energy Alliance."

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ng-with-russia

    Trump threatens to ‘devastate’ Turkish economy if it attacks Kurdish militants in Syria



    "Donald Trump
    threatened to “devastate” Turkey’s economy if its attacks Kurdish militants in Syria after the planned withdrawal of US troops from Syria.

    The president’s extraordinary warning to a Nato ally saw the Turkish lira slide against the dollar and prompted backlash from Ankara.
    Mr Trump said on Twitter the US was starting the military pull-out from Syria, but would continue its offensives against remaining Isis fighters there.

    “Will attack again from existing nearby base if it reforms,” he wrote. “Will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds. Create 20 mile safe zone...Likewise, do not want the Kurds to provoke Turkey.”


    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-turkey-economy-kurdish-militant-syria-erdogan-devastate-threat-twitter-ypg-sanctions-tariffs-a8726506.html


    But you just keep painting everyone with the same old brush.
    I wouldn't worry about either of them Ohoh, they're a pair of clueless c u n t s.

  24. #24
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Posts
    59,103
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar View Post
    Thanks for the confirming the Chinese do have a right to be there.

    blah blah blah

    Although, thanks for confirming once again you are a nasty little racist bigot with an irrational fear of Chinese people.

    The thing that makes your bigoted posts most laughable is that you are a 3 week millionaire writing this on a Indochina forum.
    Thanks for confirming that you're a fucking retard.

    Not that is was needed, to be honest.

  25. #25
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    13-07-2019 @ 09:26 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,164
    OHOH, the Chinese version of lord haw haw did forget to mention that the Chinese have threatened force if Taiwan declares independance from China. Xi has offered the carrot of "one country two systems" as in Hong kong if Taiwan vouluntarily accepts Chinese rule and of course we know how well that went for Hong Kong. BTW I dont think it went to well for Lord Haw Haw in the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •