Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,505

    Another Pret a Manger death

    Second Pret a Manger customer dies

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion.html?login

    Putin didn't need to use Novichok, should have sent his targets Pret a Manger vouchers.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    21-05-2019 @ 07:12 PM
    Posts
    6,003
    If you had a severe food allergy would you trust a complete stranger to prepare your food.
    I know i wouldn't. Label or no label.

  3. #3
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Pret a Danger , I never buy branded fast food usually overpriced bland rubbish, I think I visited a Hungry Jacks in NSW about 12 years ago and got burger and coffee .There is apace called KFC here now I've never tried it the smell of the grease is enough and food sold in BUCKETS, earls before swine?

    This year a friend gave me a falafel kebabwith slad in Copenhagen which was delicious .Sometimes eat street food from local vendors have used for years.

    I noticed how Americans graze all day and endless sugary sodas, I grew up with packed lunches an apple piece of cheese and a thermos of tea like most people in my town, progress moves on , not sure its an improvement.In Florida I used to bring lunch to college but noticed even poor students hooked on junk sold next to campus.

    I imagine Thais are getting hooked on same rubbish, attracted to the aircon malls where I see ads for same AMERICAN franchised junk, never seen fast food from places with good food , Italy, Spain,Greece etc always Fred Burgers Chickens with sticky sodas and chips, a whole society paying to ruin its health. Luckily here tasty healthy food is everywhere and usually cheaper . Only reason I go to Fuli, MK is wife likes the Aircon and the food there is bland.

    As klongtoey remarks why anyone with health issues would trust strangers is naive
    Last edited by david44; 08-10-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  4. #4
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Posts
    59,232
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post
    I imagine Thais are getting hooked on same rubbish, attracted to the aircon malls where I see ads for same AMERICAN franchised junk, never seen fast food from places with good food , Italy, Spain,Greece etc always Fred Burgers Chickens with sticky sodas and chips, a whole society paying to ruin its health.
    Odd that. I haven't been in a big mall in Thailand where it isn't 70% Japanese food, fast or otherwise. Which malls are you talking about?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Posts
    16,127
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Odd that. I haven't been in a big mall in Thailand where it isn't 70% Japanese food, fast or otherwise. Which malls are you talking about?
    You first...it's your ​comment that seems odd to me.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    21-05-2019 @ 07:12 PM
    Posts
    6,003
    Just remembered when we were on a Thai flight not so long ago i heard a passenger mention she had a fish allergy. One of the meals being served was fish the other krapow moo. The flight attendent said its okay krapow moo was pork and didn't have fish in it. I went over to the passenger to warn here it probably had oyster sauce and fish sauce in it. She decide to eat anything just in case there were any other surprise ingredients in the food.
    Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas priests... more drink!

  7. #7
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Posts
    59,232
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    You first...it's your ​comment that seems odd to me.
    You're right, I should say Japanese and Korean.

    But I can't say they're full of Maccy D's, KFC and the other shit.

    That's why I'm asking.

  8. #8
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Posts
    59,232
    Quote Originally Posted by klong toey View Post
    Just remembered when we were on a Thai flight not so long ago i heard a passenger mention she had a fish allergy. One of the meals being served was fish the other krapow moo. The flight attendent said its okay krapow moo was pork and didn't have fish in it. I went over to the passenger to warn here it probably had oyster sauce and fish sauce in it. She decide to eat anything just in case there were any other surprise ingredients in the food.
    I had a vegetarian friend who asked about the vegetable fried rice at one place and was told it had no meat in it.

    So when she started pulling bits of shrimp out of it, what could I say?

    Last edited by harrybarracuda; 08-10-2018 at 06:42 PM.

  9. #9
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Only fast food in mall here KFC and Dairy Queen, I normally avoid all malls so maybe you are correct haven't been to Bangkok for years thank god.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Posts
    16,127
    I suppose it's true that American junk is less dominant in the newer malls of bkk.

  11. #11
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 01:21 PM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    of course I expect Pattaya has a niche for Pret a Monger

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •