Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220

    UK. Local and mayoral elections: Conservatives make early gains

    The Conservatives have gained control of Warwickshire, Lincolnshire and Gloucestershire as votes are counted in local and mayoral elections.

    The party has also retained control of Essex, Hampshire and Dorset while UKIP has suffered losses.

    A total of 4,851 council seats are up for grabs in 88 councils - all of those in Scotland and Wales and 34 in England five weeks before the general election.

    Ros Jones, the Labour mayor of Doncaster, has been re-elected after getting just over 50% of votes. She told the BBC the election had been about "local issues" and her result was an acknowledgement of the work her team had done over the last four years.

    Counting is under way in some councils in Wales and England and in the West of England "metro mayor" election.
    Local and mayoral elections: Conservatives make early gains - BBC News
    “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? John 10:34.

  2. #2
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    Low turnout dominated by pensioners. Very definition of turkeys voting for Xmas if they vote Tory.

  3. #3
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    It seems the whole country is fed up with Labour and UKIP.

    Good.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    Low turnout dominated by pensioners. Very definition of turkeys voting for Xmas if they vote Tory.
    So everyone in Scotland who doesn't vote for the deluded dream of a socialist utopia under the SNP is a turkey then? Personally I think everyone who votes SNP is a totally clueless uneducated fukwit lacking even a basic understanding of economics who must walk round with closed eyes as unable to see the damage the SNP have done to education in Scotland. Anyway looking forward to some Tory gains in Scotland later think results should be in from 11.30 UK time.

  5. #5
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    ^Fun bit of trolling on your part Bumboy. So you've abandoned UKIP and it's new leader the fantastical Mr Nutter?

  6. #6
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    Come on the Tories wipe the Labour/SNP idiots out.

  7. #7
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    ^Do you live in a cave?

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Fun bit of trolling on your part Bumboy. So you've abandoned UKIP and it's new leader the fantastical Mr Nutter?
    I've voted for UKIP as many times in my life as I've voted Labour, 1 each, UKIP in 2015 and Labour in 1997 and if I could take the 1997 vote back I happily would. I will be voting Conservative on June 8, nice local MP Edward Timpson who knocked on my door yesterday, had a quick chat and assured him of my vote.

  9. #9
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,369
    ^You were at home?

    Unemployed, my sympathies.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^You were at home?

    Unemployed, my sympathies.
    Some of us are fortunate enough to be able to enjoy a life of leisure at a relatively young age.

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    04-04-2018 @ 09:53 AM
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Do you live in a cave?
    No but you clearly do

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Tories have just had a councillor elected in Paisley's Ferguslie Park - Scotland's most deprived area - for the first time ever.

    What say you Begbie?

  13. #13
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:54 AM
    Posts
    12,874
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Fun bit of trolling on your part Bumboy. So you've abandoned UKIP and it's new leader the fantastical Mr Nutter?
    I've voted for UKIP as many times in my life as I've voted Labour, 1 each, UKIP in 2015 and Labour in 1997 and if I could take the 1997 vote back I happily would. I will be voting Conservative on June 8, nice local MP Edward Timpson who knocked on my door yesterday, had a quick chat and assured him of my vote.
    Doubtless you christened your bargain with a mutual showering of spunk as you frotted each other to a frenzy over a picture of May sticking a chip into her salivating maw, you fucking weird little Caledonian ponce.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Fun bit of trolling on your part Bumboy. So you've abandoned UKIP and it's new leader the fantastical Mr Nutter?
    I've voted for UKIP as many times in my life as I've voted Labour, 1 each, UKIP in 2015 and Labour in 1997 and if I could take the 1997 vote back I happily would. I will be voting Conservative on June 8, nice local MP Edward Timpson who knocked on my door yesterday, had a quick chat and assured him of my vote.
    Doubtless you christened your bargain with a mutual showering of spunk as you frotted each other to a frenzy over a picture of May sticking a chip into her salivating maw, you fucking weird little Caledonian ponce.
    Just a firm handshake with him thanking me for my support and me wishing him good luck. Oh by the way how's you £/$ prediction going?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    East Glasgow’s Shettleston ward returned a Tory councilor for the first time in its history – he’s twenty years of age.

    What say you again Begbie?

  17. #17
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Council election results: Labour loses overall control of Glasgow

    The SNP is hopeful of replacing Labour as the largest party on Glasgow City Council
    Labour has lost overall control of Glasgow as the first results are declared in the Scottish council elections.
    The SNP is hoping to replace Labour as the biggest party in Scotland's largest city, where Labour has held power since 1980.

    Counting is continuing in Glasgow - but early Labour losses mean it cannot now win another majority.

    Elsewhere, the Tories have been making big gains in several areas of Scotland.
    Orkney was the first to announce its early results, with councils including Clackmannanshire, Renfrewshire, Scottish Borders, Argyll and Bute and South Ayrshire following soon after.

    The full national picture is expected to become clearer by Friday afternoon, but the Conservatives have been winning seats in areas which had previously been "no-go" for them - including Shettleston in Glasgow and Ferguslie Park in Paisley.
    In Clackmannanshire, the Conservatives picked up five seats - four more than in 2012 - with the SNP remaining the largest party with eight, the same number as five years ago.
    Council election results: Labour loses overall control of Glasgow - BBC News

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,518
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Begbie View Post
    ^Fun bit of trolling on your part Bumboy. So you've abandoned UKIP and it's new leader the fantastical Mr Nutter?
    I've voted for UKIP as many times in my life as I've voted Labour, 1 each, UKIP in 2015 and Labour in 1997 and if I could take the 1997 vote back I happily would. I will be voting Conservative on June 8, nice local MP Edward Timpson who knocked on my door yesterday, had a quick chat and assured him of my vote.
    Doubtless you christened your bargain with a mutual showering of spunk as you frotted each other to a frenzy over a picture of May sticking a chip into her salivating maw, you fucking weird little Caledonian ponce.
    Just a firm handshake with him thanking me for my support and me wishing him good luck. Oh by the way how's you £/$ prediction going?
    You certainly know how to kick a man when he's down.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Tories currently +30 seats in Scotland, Begbie must be choking on his white spirit.

  20. #20
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220

  21. #21
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Posts
    59,740
    Friday 5 May 2017 by Davywavy

    Labour wins huge majority in local elections after Diane Abbott counts the votes

    Labour is expected to gain more than eighty million seats after Diane Abbott was asked to count the votes this morning.

    Speaking in that breathy, slightly creepy way she has, Abbott declared a huge landslide for Labour across the country – with the Conservatives and SNP facing ‘complete wipeout’ based on her figures.

    “Thanks to Diane’s remarkable command of mathematics, Labour have swept to victory with well over 100% of the vote nationwide,” we were told.

    “We believe that the birds of the air and the fishes of the seas came forth to cast their vote for him; it’s the only way her maths can be correct.

    “She says now we’ve seized the country she’ll be working up her calculations on how we can turn the observable universe into nurses and policemen for 40p each.”

    When told that Labour had actually lost, Diane said she wasn’t one hundred and eleventy billion percent certain of the actual numbers but she was confident events would prove her right.

    Labour wins huge majority in local elections after Diane Abbott counts the votes

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    What's going on in Tory hating Scotland now gained +50 seats and last I saw SNP only gained 3 seats. To be fair though the Tory gains are coming from Labour seats but fact remains it's the Tories and not the SNP taking the seats.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,518
    ^^



  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Posts
    12,116
    Tory resurgence in Scotland +95 seats, Labour -60, SNP -22. Tories even taking seats from the SNP now.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    20-06-2019 @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,947
    Resurrection day for sleepy asylum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •