Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025

    Coke tells Germans the 1940's were "The Good Old Days".....

    OH COCA-Cola. It’s just not having a good time.
    Less than a month after that unfortunate Mein Kampf Twitter incident, it’s put its foot in it again. The global powerhouse has been forced on the back foot after another Nazi-related gaffe.
    As with so many PR nightmares, it all started with an ad.
    Coca-Cola ran an ad in Germany celebrating the 75th birthday of Fanta. It was the origin story of Fanta and explained how the orange fizzy drink was invented because German bottlers didn’t have the ingredients to make Coke.
    It called the ad ‘Good Old Times’.
    The dialogue in the video included this less-than-appropriate line: “To celebrate Fanta, we want to give you the feeling of the good old times back.”
    Oh dear.

    If you’re doing the maths, 75 years before today lands us in the year 1940, smack bang in the middle of World War II. And the omitted reason for why Coke ingredients were elusive? Probably because quite a large chunk of Europe was busy fighting the scourge of Nazism, rather than producing the mysterious compounds that go into Coca-Cola.

    Not surprisingly, Coca-Cola pulled the ad after online backlash which (rightly) pointed out that 1940 wasn’t really the ‘Good Old Times’ for most people.
    A Coca-Cola spokeswoman told Expressthat it apologised for causing offence and that the ad was meant to evoke “positive childhood memories”. She also said that the brand has no association with Hitler or the Nazi Party. Nice to clear that up.
    The latest kerfuffle comes on the heel of its Super Bowl social media campaign four weeks ago when it inadvertently tweeted out Hitler quotes to millions of online followers.

    Coca-Cola?s Nazi gaffe: Fanta ad pulled

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,877

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Hans Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    01-07-2016 @ 05:52 AM
    Location
    Land of Laughs
    Posts
    5,764
    The 40's in Germany, good ol' times, yes. It was a choice between Fanta or fresh juice.

  4. #4
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Yup.

    US and UK had all the caffeine and coke.

    So Germany made some speed, instead.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    18-08-2019 @ 10:50 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,608
    The advert at the start symbolises the death camps with all the items go in on one side, and come out in coke shaped coffins on the other. Coke, part of the globalists, do know what they did, they were nazi supporters, and when you see the atrocities they commit around the world today, they are still running like the Nazis.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    The advert at the start symbolises the death camps with all the items go in on one side, and come out in coke shaped coffins on the other. Coke, part of the globalists, do know what they did, they were nazi supporters, and when you see the atrocities they commit around the world today, they are still running like the Nazis.
    If you have not seen this, it's fascinating and I learned things I'd never known. You know all those neat German trucks that rolled into Poland, France and the rest of Europe? They were products of the American company General Motors and were even called the "Blitz". Many other US companies helped with things like synthetic rubber and synthetic fuel, and (of course) Henry Ford who wrote the International Jew literally was a Nazi. Coca Cola is also specifically mentioned.

    Last edited by BobR; 07-03-2015 at 06:37 PM.

  • #7
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    The advert at the start symbolises the death camps with all the items go in on one side, and come out in coke shaped coffins on the other. Coke, part of the globalists, do know what they did, they were nazi supporters, and when you see the atrocities they commit around the world today, they are still running like the Nazis.
    If you have not seen this, it's fascinating and I learned things I'd never known. You know all those neat German trucks that rolled into Poland, France and the rest of Europe? They were products of the American company General Motors and were even called the "Blitz". Many other US companies helped with things like synthetic rubber and synthetic fuel, and (of course) Henry Ford who wrote the International Jew literally was a Nazi.

    If not for the maintenance from selected influential US/UK corporate and individual interests, the Third Reich would never risen to exist........and supported well into war time.

    Dig deeper and you'll find sinister doings.

  • #8
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,350
    No wonder the 'merkins were reluctant to join the fray in Europe.
    Jews were villified, ostracised and discriminated against in the U.S. until relatively recently I believe.

  • #9
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Until they formed their own PR company,...MGM.,,,,and Hollywood.

  • #10
    Member
    ch1ldofthemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    25-10-2018 @ 11:50 PM
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    717
    People forget, the USA was a neutral country up until 1941. Free to trade with who they wanted.
    The USA did not declare war on Germany, it was the other way around.
    Germany declared war on the USA on December 11, 1941.

    German declaration of war against the United States (1941) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  • #11
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    20-06-2019 @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,947
    If it was a 1940's fizzy drink in good old Germany, how did Coca Cola get hold of it.
    I enjoyed Fanta over Coke when a child, but I would of had to change My Childhood fizzy drink if I knew where it was invented.

  • #12
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Until they formed their own PR company,...MGM.,,,,and Hollywood.
    And took over the banking system.

    The sycophantic phony applause given Netanyahu by the American Congress after the speech he gave while bypassing the American President said a lot about who controls America.

    Top 10 applause lines from Netanyahu's speech - The Washington Post

  • Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •