Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Balls to Monty
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Posts
    11,974

    Gary Glitter sentenced to 16 years jail for child sexual abuse

    UK glam rocker Gary Glitter has been sentenced to 16 years jail for the sexual abuse of three young girls between 1975 and 1980.



    Glitter, 70, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was convicted of one count of attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault and one count of sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13.

    "You did all of them real and lasting damage and you did so for no other reason than to obtain sexual gratification for yourself of a wholly improper kind," judge Alistair McCreath told the singer.

    Glitter was at the height of his fame as a musician when he attacked his victims, and investigators said he targeted young girls who were in awe of him.

    Prosecutor John Price earlier in the trial described how a drunken Gadd had tried to force himself on a girl, who was aged under 10 at the time, in the 1970s.

    The victim only came forward 20 years after the incident when she saw that Gadd had admitted in 1999 to child pornography charges.

    He also attacked two girls, aged 12 and 13, after inviting them to his dressing room without their mothers.

    One victim, now in her 50s, told the court how Glitter, smelling of "booze and cigarettes", had put his arm over her, making her feel "uncomfortable".

    A history of abuse


    The singer was first jailed in 1999 when he admitted possessing 4,000 images of child pornography.

    He was deported from Cambodia in 2002 over unspecified claims and convicted in Vietnam in 2006 of sexually abusing two girls, for which he was sentenced to three years in jail.

    On returning to Britain, Glitter was placed on the sex offenders register for life.

    Glitter is the latest in a series of high-profile people in Britain to be convicted of historical sex abuse.

    He was arrested as part of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Yewtree, launched in the wake of historic sex abuse claims against late BBC star Jimmy Savile, now accused of being a prolific sex offender.

    British health minister Jeremy Hunt on Thursday said that Savile, who died in 2011, had abused 177 people from 1954 onwards, including 60 staff, patients and visitors at a hospital he raised funds for.

    The government has launched a wide-ranging inquiry into how sexual abuse allegations were handled in the wake of a string of scandals involving child abuse at hospitals, care homes, churches and schools.

    The probe will include a review of allegations of a ring of paedophiles in powerful political positions, rumours that first circulated in the 1980s but that resurfaced following the Savile case.

    Gary Glitter sentenced to 16 years jail for child sexual abuse - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Posts
    757
    Not convinced..

    this guy was a major star...fuk me, had his singles. getting propositioned left right and centre. He's a scape goat for the sick 'royals, tories and elite paedophile scum that rule this sick and sorry land

    He's a scapegoat...fuk off

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    20-06-2019 @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,947
    Grew up with his songs amongst loads of other musicians, but have not heard his music on the air waves for years, it's that bad I cannot recall any of his hits.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,585
    I remember the excitement of booking him on more than one occasion when at a UK Uni in the '80s. He was a superb performer who did more than expected on every occasion...difficult keeping the girls from getting close to him when off-stage. Admittedly all girls were of age since it was students only...no exceptions due to regulations at the time.

    Bloody difficult to stay within the rules when it is offered on a plate....

    ...not defending him or anything just saying like...

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    20-06-2019 @ 09:35 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,947
    You are right , his videos at the Hight of his fame show teenage girls throwing themselves at his stage.
    It was a girlie kind of music, but girls seemed to like it, even though his music irritated blokes.
    What where those irritating songs he sang that made girls like his music.
    Even if blokes thought they where crap.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,349
    i think he is guilty and deserving of punishment, just as i now think savile was guilty as posthumously charged.

    not so sure about all the old "slap and tickle hows your father" bbc disc jockeys and cliff richard though.

    strange that they can find the resources to pursue these cases yet hundreds of kids in rotherham and elsewhere were failed by the police despite tons of evidence readily available.

  7. #7
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,353
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeysbroke View Post
    Not convinced..

    this guy was a major star...fuk me, had his singles. getting propositioned left right and centre. He's a scape goat for the sick 'royals, tories and elite paedophile scum that rule this sick and sorry land

    He's a scapegoat...fuk off
    Here's a report of his first conviction'
    - he took his broken pc in for repair in 1990s and the technician found child porn, some were the worst kind , level 5, showing kids being hurt.


    Pop star Gary Glitter has been jailed for four months after admitting to a collection of 4,000 hardcore photographs of children being abused.


    Glitter admitted 54 offences of downloading porn from the Internet dating between 3 January 1997 and 18 November 1997.

    He replied "guilty" in a strong, clear voice after the first count was put to him and his voice became less clear with each subsequent charge.

    The judge, Mr Justice Butterfield, described the pictures in Glitter's vast library as "filthy and revolting" and of the "worst possible type".

    Mr Royce said they showed "very young children, some appeared as young as two, in the main ranging from three, four, five and six up to possibly about nine or 10".

    In mitigation the defence said Glitter had downloaded the pictures soley for his own use and was simply in possession of them, but the judge rejected this, saying Glitter had diligently visited sites worldwide.
    If he is a scapegoat, then he's a good one.
    16 years !
    justice.

    BBC News | UK | Glitter jailed over child porn

  8. #8
    Utopian Expat Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,577
    So glad Jimmy Saville didn't fix it for me to meet Gary Glitter!!

    One less nonse on the streets and hopefully he'll die in jail.

    Nice to see justice done....at last.(although a blow torch and a pair of pliers would have done the job cheaper)

    Him and Sir Cliff can share a cell and exchange bedtime stories soon..

  9. #9

  • #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 11:41 AM
    Posts
    36,439
    ^It will be very difficult now, indeed...

  • #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Seems like a couple of pedo apologists on this thread.

    let's be clear.

    it is not ok.

    Clear?

  • #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pompeysbroke View Post
    Not convinced..

    this guy was a major star...fuk me, had his singles. getting propositioned left right and centre. He's a scape goat for the sick 'royals, tories and elite paedophile scum that rule this sick and sorry land

    He's a scapegoat...fuk off
    Here's a report of his first conviction'
    - he took his broken pc in for repair in 1990s and the technician found child porn, some were the worst kind , level 5, showing kids being hurt.


    Pop star Gary Glitter has been jailed for four months after admitting to a collection of 4,000 hardcore photographs of children being abused.


    Glitter admitted 54 offences of downloading porn from the Internet dating between 3 January 1997 and 18 November 1997.

    He replied "guilty" in a strong, clear voice after the first count was put to him and his voice became less clear with each subsequent charge.

    The judge, Mr Justice Butterfield, described the pictures in Glitter's vast library as "filthy and revolting" and of the "worst possible type".

    Mr Royce said they showed "very young children, some appeared as young as two, in the main ranging from three, four, five and six up to possibly about nine or 10".

    In mitigation the defence said Glitter had downloaded the pictures soley for his own use and was simply in possession of them, but the judge rejected this, saying Glitter had diligently visited sites worldwide.
    If he is a scapegoat, then he's a good one.
    16 years !
    justice.

    BBC News | UK | Glitter jailed over child porn
    didn't know that...fairy nuff.

    Still think it stinks that high echelons are impuned

  • #13
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,585
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    Seems like a couple of pedo apologists on this thread.
    Never confuse those that can empathise, knowing it is still wrong, with apologists ....

  • #14
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Posts
    757
    fuk off king dick

  • #15
    Thailand Expat
    fishlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Location
    Bungling in the jungle
    Posts
    8,857
    He is lucky he made it out of Vietnam alive. It pays to have money I guess. Drinking the piss they say. Strange man.

  • #16
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Cambodia will certainly miss it's favourite celebrity traveler.

  • #17
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    After 16 years of being the UK's most famous pervert - and now retaining that title, He might as well come clean and supergrass all the others involved - he appears to have nothing more to lose.

  • #18
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Rot, you nonce

  • #19
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    Having now incarcerated the embodiment of public venom for celebrity child abuse, there may be police/political pressure to close down investigations.

    Which is a difficult conundrum - the public doesn't want to move on. Why should Bill Wyman not be in jail. He admits he had an underage girlfriend - whom he subsequently married.

    The precise way it will be spun by politicians is that we need closure on that era so that we can focus more on protecting children at risk in 2015.

  • #20
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    The public wants a witch hunt going all the way to the top, then some blood-letting.

    It's gonna be a rocky few years for the UK establishment as more details emerge of the cover-ups.

    Glitter's being offered up as a sop to the public indignation felt, as was Saville and now Cliff Richards.

    When this front-line chorus group's done with, there'll likely be a new line up of more prominent establishment types, the ones who haven't suicided or died yet.

  • #21
    Thailand Expat KEVIN2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,740
    Paedophile is not a word. I remember when the perverts invented it back in the Seventies to cover up what they really do, which is the rape of children. The perverts started this thing they called the Paedophile Information Exchange, because they thought Paedophile would be a more acceptable term than Miserable child-raping bastard............which describes Saville and Gadd

  • #22
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,557
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    The public wants a witch hunt going all the way to the top, then some blood-letting.

    It's gonna be a rocky few years for the UK establishment as more details emerge of the cover-ups.

    Glitter's being offered up as a sop to the public indignation felt, as was Saville and now Cliff Richards.

    When this front-line chorus group's done with, there'll likely be a new line up of more prominent establishment types, the ones who haven't suicided or died yet.
    The Establishment is divvying up the "entertainers" and other fools that played close to their banquet table. The top people will not be named.

    Leon Brittan just got buried in an unmarked grave.. Basically, they knew he was a nonce and maybe worse while he was alive and did fuck-all about it, same as other politicians like that fat cnut Cyrille Smith.
    Untouchable while they were here.

  • #23
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Gary Glitter has been jailed for 16 years.

    Not wanting to break the habit of a lifetime he asked if he could do 8 years twice.

  • #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    13-01-2016 @ 11:14 PM
    Posts
    3,982
    here's Johnny Rotten going back to 1978, talking about Saville


  • #25
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    25-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Posts
    7,760
    He's achieved fame, his name is now a noun as in "you can take that and shove it up your gary glitter."

  • Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •