Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220

    EXCLUSIVE: Violent young British criminals sign up for 'GANGSTA JIHAD'

    VIOLENT Muslim criminals from Britain who are flocking to join Islamic State terrorists are bragging about waging “gangsta jihad” and could pose a deadly threat on our streets if they ever return to the UK.
    By: Amardeep Bassey
    Published: Sun, August 17, 2014



    Many of the young criminals have referred to 'gangsta jihad' on their social media accounts

    Some have admitted carrying out armed robberies at home to fund their trips to the Syria and Iraq conflicts while others have convictions for drug dealing and violence, with known links to street gangs.

    Their battlefield experience, fanaticism, thirst for violence and links to gangs that would give them easy access to weapons, could enable them to launch terrifying attacks in the UK. Last night a Special Branch source said: “The so-called jihad in Iraq and Syria has been particularly inviting to some young British Muslims who are already involved in violent crime in this country.

    “They are attracted by the glamour of fighting for a ruthless organisation like IS and are no strangers to extreme violence and brutality.

    “For many it has been like an adventure holiday and some have referred to ‘gangsta jihad’ in their postings on social media. The language they use, referring to their guns as ‘chrome’ and addressing their ‘homies’ back in the UK, is the sort of street slang associated with criminal gangs.”

    Governments across Europe have noticed this pattern between crime and jihad and are fearful. These individuals will have access to criminal networks should they return and therefore have easier access to weapons

    Terror expert Raffaello Pantucci, who has been studying the background of British men fighting with IS, warned: “The danger is of serious criminals with battlefield experience using this in civilian situations either as terrorist activity or criminal activity.”

    There are thought to be 300 to 500 British Islamic fighters in Syria and Iraq, aged 17 to 35. Mr Pantucci went on: “Governments across Europe have noticed this pattern between crime and jihad and are fearful. These individuals will have access to criminal networks should they return and therefore have easier access to weapons.

    “They potentially have the mind-set to want to launch punishing attacks within Europe.”

    Among the hundreds of Britons who have joined IS is Abdel Majed Abdel Bary, a former rapper from west London who has been pictured holding a severed head in Syria.

    He says on Facebook how his “lil brother” was in prison, saying “see you in the afterlife inshallah”. He is believed to be referring to Ahmed Kasper Mikhaimar, serving 26 years for murdering a teenager.

    Last night Prime Minister David Cameron warned: “This is not a problem miles away from home. It is our concern here and now.

    “If we do not act to stem the onslaught of this exceptionally dangerous terrorist movement, it will only grow stronger until it can target us on the streets of Britain.”

    Young British muslims wage gangsta jihad | UK | News | Daily Express



    And so it goes........

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,691
    Anyone using the term "gangsta" in the first place ought to be summarily kicked to death just on general principle.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    So then, why don't our governments realise the reprehensible error of their ways, support the secular and democratically elected Assad government, and help snuff these fukkaz out. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone. But they're welcome to return in a body bag.

  4. #4
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,513
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So then, why don't our governments realise the reprehensible error of their ways, support the secular and democratically elected Assad government, and help snuff these fukkaz out. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone. But they're welcome to return in a body bag.
    Never understood that.
    It's the fundmentalsists they're fighting against.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Well maybe the chickens are coming home to roost after all. Anyone who made the slightest attempt to discuss this or warn of the potential dangers was labelled a racist, bigot, islamophobe and hauled in front of some tribunal.

    It these fuckers were to get back to the UK and start beheading people on the streets, and blowing up buildings full of people, the apologists and bleeding hearts will still be making excuses for them.
    I blame the Americans......and Thaksin.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Posts
    12,894
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. Similarly, obtaining sufficient fertiliser to manufacture a bomb is a problem for them as indeed is it a challenge to make a bomb that works consistently. Also, it's difficult to conceal one's militancy within a British suburb or urban location from others who inform regularly.

    The notion that Britain is somehow more vulnerable because of Iraq etc is quite silly and used regularly to sustain political aims.

    Gangsta Jihad, indeed, yeah, innit mate, check pleeeeease!

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. Similarly, obtaining sufficient fertiliser to manufacture a bomb is a problem for them as indeed is it a challenge to make a bomb that works consistently. Also, it's difficult to conceal one's militancy within a British suburb or urban location from others who inform regularly.

    The notion that Britain is somehow more vulnerable because of Iraq etc is quite silly and used regularly to sustain political aims.

    Gangsta Jihad, indeed, yeah, innit mate, check pleeeeease!

    Difficult?? ISIS and various other AQ outfits have managed to cut off quite a few including an American journalist (Foley) just the other day.

    We had a fellow hacked to death in London quite recently, in broad daylight, on a busy roadway, and I seem to remember 50 or so dead and many injured in the bombing of the Underground. All carried out by rank amateurs; but the guys currently Jihading in Syria and Iraq are going to be pretty battle hardened and quite likely trained in such diverse skills as beheading bomb making.

    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons, however much the dumbed down and tuned out UK populace may think otherwise.

    The Provisional IRA did not have much of a problem and managed to do some pretty serious shit at home and abroad.

    It's not likely that these Jihadist devotees are capable of a large scale and sustained campaign, but they could cause some real mayhem in major urban areas; ....it would not take that that much, as long as the determination is there, and these guys are total fanatics...with training and experience.

  8. #8
    Member
    Waid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    22-09-2014 @ 09:15 AM
    Location
    SE Asia
    Posts
    253
    Send the slumos back to their ancestors' home.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    Quote Originally Posted by koman
    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons,
    Whats more, they are likely to be quite motivated if we are bombing & shelling their comrades in arms. Especially when we began matters by supporting the jihadists in Syria.

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Posts
    60,422
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So then, why don't our governments realise the reprehensible error of their ways, support the secular and democratically elected Assad government, and help snuff these fukkaz out.
    "Democratically elected".

    Nice one, best laugh of the day so far.

    Voted No.1 Joke on TD with 1,000,000 hits.


  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koman
    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons,
    Whats more, they are likely to be quite motivated if we are bombing & shelling their comrades in arms. Especially when we began matters by supporting the jihadists in Syria.
    Yes, of course it's all OUR fault that the Sunni, Shia, Kurds and various others all want to slaughter each other, and everybody wants their own country, and WE fucked it all up, which makes us totally responsible for everything even if the Ottoman's had been fucking it up for centuries before us and these kunts can't every get along with anybody....especially us nuisance infidels .....

    ....and of course if we intervene in any way, we are wrong, and if we do not interfere, we are wrong. WE are always wrong.. and THEY, whoever it might be are always right.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    Well, I've been saying right from the beginning- we had absolutely no business backing a radical Sunni rebellion against a secular government, in a country that practises freedom of religion and offers a decent lifestyle to it's people. Why?- in the hope of 'getting at' Iran. Now it's coming back to bite us in the bum (again). But I guess it's rude to gloat.
    probes Aliens

  13. #13
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,513
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to.
    Say what?
    Are you suggesting all the people that have been beheaded in the name of that vile pig mohamed WANTED to be?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Posts
    12,894
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. Similarly, obtaining sufficient fertiliser to manufacture a bomb is a problem for them as indeed is it a challenge to make a bomb that works consistently. Also, it's difficult to conceal one's militancy within a British suburb or urban location from others who inform regularly.

    The notion that Britain is somehow more vulnerable because of Iraq etc is quite silly and used regularly to sustain political aims.

    Gangsta Jihad, indeed, yeah, innit mate, check pleeeeease!
    Anyway, the NHS kills more folk in one year than all terrorist actions over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.


    Difficult?? ISIS and various other AQ outfits have managed to cut off quite a few including an American journalist (Foley) just the other day.

    We had a fellow hacked to death in London quite recently, in broad daylight, on a busy roadway, and I seem to remember 50 or so dead and many injured in the bombing of the Underground. All carried out by rank amateurs; but the guys currently Jihading in Syria and Iraq are going to be pretty battle hardened and quite likely trained in such diverse skills as beheading bomb making.

    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons, however much the dumbed down and tuned out UK populace may think otherwise.

    The Provisional IRA did not have much of a problem and managed to do some pretty serious shit at home and abroad.

    It's not likely that these Jihadist devotees are capable of a large scale and sustained campaign, but they could cause some real mayhem in major urban areas; ....it would not take that that much, as long as the determination is there, and these guys are total fanatics...with training and experience.
    This is really quite funny.

    You should let the Beeb have a synopsis and maybe they'll commission a series.

    Yep, only a matter of time the Jihadi RPG battalion will be blasting away down in East Cheam and Tooting Bec.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    The IRA was a sophisticated war machine supported by an indigenous majority funded and armed by unlimited wealth sourced from organised crime and political support from the US, Libya and other agencies with a proxy agenda.

    It is as analogous to the extremist post adolescent jabberings of the so called Jihadi Muslims of urban Britain as a hurricane is to a long, wet, dribbling fart.

    Anyway, the NHS has killed more folk in one year than all terrorist actions combined over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.
    Last edited by Seekingasylum; 21-08-2014 at 01:56 PM.

  15. #15
    Lord of Swine
    Necron99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Nahkon Sawon
    Posts
    13,025
    50 Single IS jihadis dispersed and operating alone or in pairs could make more of a statement on terror and have more effect on the UK in a single day than 50 years of IRA shenanigans....

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Posts
    16,661
    How on earth is it 'difficult' to cut someone's head off unless they want you to, gent?

    That one seems whacko, even by your standards.

    Care to clarify your point?

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,691
    ^500 "neck-raise" exercises / day gives you jihadi-resistant neck tendons like steel.?

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. Similarly, obtaining sufficient fertiliser to manufacture a bomb is a problem for them as indeed is it a challenge to make a bomb that works consistently. Also, it's difficult to conceal one's militancy within a British suburb or urban location from others who inform regularly.

    The notion that Britain is somehow more vulnerable because of Iraq etc is quite silly and used regularly to sustain political aims.

    Gangsta Jihad, indeed, yeah, innit mate, check pleeeeease!
    Anyway, the NHS kills more folk in one year than all terrorist actions over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.


    Difficult?? ISIS and various other AQ outfits have managed to cut off quite a few including an American journalist (Foley) just the other day.

    We had a fellow hacked to death in London quite recently, in broad daylight, on a busy roadway, and I seem to remember 50 or so dead and many injured in the bombing of the Underground. All carried out by rank amateurs; but the guys currently Jihading in Syria and Iraq are going to be pretty battle hardened and quite likely trained in such diverse skills as beheading bomb making.

    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons, however much the dumbed down and tuned out UK populace may think otherwise.

    The Provisional IRA did not have much of a problem and managed to do some pretty serious shit at home and abroad.

    It's not likely that these Jihadist devotees are capable of a large scale and sustained campaign, but they could cause some real mayhem in major urban areas; ....it would not take that that much, as long as the determination is there, and these guys are total fanatics...with training and experience.
    This is really quite funny.

    You should let the Beeb have a synopsis and maybe they'll commission a series.

    Yep, only a matter of time the Jihadi RPG battalion will be blasting away down in East Cheam and Tooting Bec.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    The IRA was a sophisticated war machine supported by an indigenous majority funded and armed by unlimited wealth sourced from organised crime and political support from the US, Libya and other agencies with a proxy agenda.

    It is as analogous to the extremist post adolescent jabberings of the so called Jihadi Muslims of urban Britain as a hurricane is to a long, wet, dribbling fart.

    Anyway, the NHS has killed more folk in one year than all terrorist actions combined over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.
    You are starting to sound very much like some of the sneering idiots I served with in the British military. As early as 1962- 63 I was talking about the potential of the IRA and all I got was sarcastic bullshit about stupid Paddies and Bogmen with WW1 rifles.

    A few years from now when some of these 20 something's start laying fragmentation bombs and incendiary devices in public places across the UK; I daresay the sneering will stop pretty much the same way as when the bogmen started blowing up pubs and wrecking havoc in England and murdering servicemen around overseas bases. The costs of the campaign against the IRA directly and indirectly ran into the billions. Anybody who thinks such things are not possible again, is living in lala land.

    You don't need a sophisticated war machine to plant destructive devices here and there....like the low grade Jihadists that bombed the Boston marathon. I already said that I don't think these people could mount a large scale or prolonged campaign at the present time. but they could do some serious damage just because they have the mindset, and after ISIS operations, the experience and training.

    Most of these threats could largely be nullified; but as us usual with the Brits, they will sit on their asses and wait for the enemy to be scaling the fence before they recognize the nature of the beast, and do something about it. Much better to make jokes it all, and pretend everything is fine.

    It seems a bit of a stretch to think all this Jihad crap will just go away all by itself.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Posts
    16,661
    Don't want to start yet another thread, but Russell Brand sums things up very well here...


  20. #20
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,513
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. Similarly, obtaining sufficient fertiliser to manufacture a bomb is a problem for them as indeed is it a challenge to make a bomb that works consistently. Also, it's difficult to conceal one's militancy within a British suburb or urban location from others who inform regularly.

    The notion that Britain is somehow more vulnerable because of Iraq etc is quite silly and used regularly to sustain political aims.

    Gangsta Jihad, indeed, yeah, innit mate, check pleeeeease!
    Anyway, the NHS kills more folk in one year than all terrorist actions over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.


    Difficult?? ISIS and various other AQ outfits have managed to cut off quite a few including an American journalist (Foley) just the other day.

    We had a fellow hacked to death in London quite recently, in broad daylight, on a busy roadway, and I seem to remember 50 or so dead and many injured in the bombing of the Underground. All carried out by rank amateurs; but the guys currently Jihading in Syria and Iraq are going to be pretty battle hardened and quite likely trained in such diverse skills as beheading bomb making.

    People who are organized and have "connections" can get explosives and weapons, however much the dumbed down and tuned out UK populace may think otherwise.

    The Provisional IRA did not have much of a problem and managed to do some pretty serious shit at home and abroad.

    It's not likely that these Jihadist devotees are capable of a large scale and sustained campaign, but they could cause some real mayhem in major urban areas; ....it would not take that that much, as long as the determination is there, and these guys are total fanatics...with training and experience.
    This is really quite funny.

    You should let the Beeb have a synopsis and maybe they'll commission a series.

    Yep, only a matter of time the Jihadi RPG battalion will be blasting away down in East Cheam and Tooting Bec.

    Thanks for the laugh.

    The IRA was a sophisticated war machine supported by an indigenous majority funded and armed by unlimited wealth sourced from organised crime and political support from the US, Libya and other agencies with a proxy agenda.

    It is as analogous to the extremist post adolescent jabberings of the so called Jihadi Muslims of urban Britain as a hurricane is to a long, wet, dribbling fart.

    Anyway, the NHS has killed more folk in one year than all terrorist actions combined over the past 200 years. Remember, perspective is all.
    You are starting to sound very much like some of the sneering idiots I served with in the British military. As early as 1962- 63 I was talking about the potential of the IRA and all I got was sarcastic bullshit about stupid Paddies and Bogmen with WW1 rifles.

    A few years from now when some of these 20 something's start laying fragmentation bombs and incendiary devices in public places across the UK; I daresay the sneering will stop pretty much the same way as when the bogmen started blowing up pubs and wrecking havoc in England and murdering servicemen around overseas bases. The costs of the campaign against the IRA directly and indirectly ran into the billions. Anybody who thinks such things are not possible again, is living in lala land.

    You don't need a sophisticated war machine to plant destructive devices here and there....like the low grade Jihadists that bombed the Boston marathon. I already said that I don't think these people could mount a large scale or prolonged campaign at the present time. but they could do some serious damage just because they have the mindset, and after ISIS operations, the experience and training.

    Most of these threats could largely be nullified; but as us usual with the Brits, they will sit on their asses and wait for the enemy to be scaling the fence before they recognize the nature of the beast, and do something about it. Much better to make jokes it all, and pretend everything is fine.

    It seems a bit of a stretch to think all this Jihad crap will just go away all by itself.
    And the Jihadists are driven by a religious idealism and zeal that will be hardened by their time in the battlefield surrounded by extremists. Yes, this spells trouble.
    "In my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself."

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Posts
    12,894
    Koman, clearly you are confabulating in your advancing age. Happens to the aged, they all get a bit woolly about chronology and memories become somewhat disordered.

    The IRA in 1963 was utterly moribund and offered no more threat than a bad dose of the 'flu. Certainly, in terms of intelligence and activity, it was simply not a force and probably more of a workingman's club where the song was to a different tune. Indeed, there was no impetus for them to develop as a fighting force until the late 60s when the civil rights movement sparked off the sectarian strife during which the indigent Catholics were at real risk of summary ex judicial murder at the hands of elements within the RUC and B Specials.

    Not surprised you were ignored in 1963.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent
    The IRA in 1963 was utterly moribund and offered no more threat than a bad dose of the 'flu
    Try reading the post again. I said that I was talking about the potential of the IRA; not the immediate threat that existed in 1963. As I said, the response at the time was sarcastic bullshit......but history has shown that I was right and they were full.of shit.

    I suppose the raid on the armoury in Omagh in 56 and all those other nighttime activities carried out the newly emerging IRA don't count as an emerging threat.

    Yes the period during the so called civil rights movement got things moving along very quickly, but only because preparations has been ongoing for years.....and the best IRA recruiting drive of all was after a couple of over enthusiastic Paras shot a bunch of people in Derry; but if it had not been that, it would have been something else. It was coming one way or another.

    The fact is that the IRA in one version or another had been a threat for a very long time, even though it went dormant for lengthy periods, but most people simply refused to recognize it..... and now....here we go again....let's pretend that all the young radical Muslims flocking to fight with ISIS are going to come home to resume uneventful lives as storekeepers and janitors. .....

    PS You might want to note that a "bad dose of the flu" can kill you....

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    koman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Location
    Issan
    Posts
    4,234
    From NBC:

    Three Islamist militants with British accents have been dubbed 'The Beatles' by hostages taken in Syria, who recount tales of particular brutality at the hands of European captors.

    The presence of British jihadists fighting for ISIS is in sharp focus following the release of a video showing the beheading of American freelance journalist James Foley. The video is narrated by a male voice that appears to be British — and has set off alarm bells about the dangers of foreign fighters taken up arms in Syria and Iraq.

    Several escaped and freed hostages initially seized in Syria have spoken of a trio of Brits who acted as guards, according to a person close to several recent hostage negotiations. According to the source, 'The Beatles' were harsher than other guards. 'They were really rough with them,' the person told NBC News on Thursday. 'Whenever the Beatles showed up, there was some kind of physical beating or torture.'

    Something to look forward to when all these fellows come back home to the UK in a few years or so. Maybe by the time they return, another Labour government will be in power and they can all be assigned roles as counsellors and social workers.

  24. #24
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by koman View Post
    Well maybe the chickens are coming home to roost after all. Anyone who made the slightest attempt to discuss this or warn of the potential dangers was labelled a racist, bigot, islamophobe and hauled in front of some tribunal.

    And that was on TD only a year ago.

  25. #25
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by thegent View Post
    Quite difficult to cut someone's head off when they don't want you to. !

    Really?

    Go tell that to the birds, mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •