Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    29,495

    Obama Weighs Iraq Air Strikes, Humanitarian Drops

    WHITE HOUSE—
    With Islamist militants sweeping through northern Iraq and driving out Christians and other minorities, Obama administration officials say the president is considering direct military action that could include air strikes and humanitarian drops.

    President Barack Obama met with members of his security team Thursday as the situation for tens of thousands of Christians and Yazidis grows more dire by the hour.

    White House spokesman Josh Earnest condemned the militants for targeting minorities, including thousands of Yazidis who are stranded on a mountain with no food or water and surrounded by militant forces. Earnest said the situation is nearing a humanitarian catastrophe.

    More here:
    Obama Weighs Iraq Air Strikes, Humanitarian Drops

  2. #2
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Posts
    60,387
    Obama authorises air strikes in Iraq
    US president says measure aimed at averting "genocide" in the country, hours after the UN sought global help for Iraq.
    Last updated: 08 Aug 2014 06:12

    Obama authorises air strikes in Iraq - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

    Another bunch of nutters get to meet their 72 virgins.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,174
    The US can not get rid of Obama soon enough. He is drivimg the country into total bankruptcy.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Got to get the money to the weapons manufacturers some how, ya know.

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    things were better under Saddam, now GW Bush actions are killing Christians

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    things were better under Saddam, now GW Bush actions are killing Christians
    It always was. Most of the axis of evil military personal that were killed or maimed were christian.

    Christian, Muslims, Jews lived side by side in all these countries in the middle easy, mostly in peace, for centuries.... right up until the late 1980's / early 1990's when the west decided muslims were a suitable fear target to replace the soviet union. Now christians are hunted and murdered.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  7. #7
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    when the west decided muslims were a suitable fear target to replace the soviet union. Now christians are hunted and murdered.
    we should go back to Religious wars, like old times

    actually it is already, Myths of Democracy vs Myths of Dictatorship

    we haven't changed much in 500 years, despite our iPhones and Facebook pages

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    iPhones and Facebook pages
    Just a method to keep our eyes off what is really happening. Will get worse when the government censors kick in to ensure we can only read what they want us to read.

    The ludicrous nature of it all. US funding ISIS in Syria, and bombing them in Iraq.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail
    Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    01-02-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Posts
    39,832
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    The ludicrous nature of it all. US funding ISIS in Syria, and bombing them in Iraq.
    indeed, completely crazy

    Pentagon on his head, with Kerry the big head completely clueless

  10. #10
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Posts
    60,387
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    The US can not get rid of Obama soon enough. He is drivimg the country into total bankruptcy.
    The poor bloke can't win, if he did nothing you'd be whinging about him being spineless and ruining America's reputation.


  11. #11
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickschoppers View Post
    The US can not get rid of Obama soon enough. He is drivimg the country into total bankruptcy.
    The poor bloke can't win, if he did nothing you'd be whinging about him being spineless and ruining America's reputation.

    Clinton won big time by doing nothing and letting GH Bush policies run, Obama blew if when he tried to do something. The old "harvard boy" dynasties run things, that ain't gonna change until the next extinction level event happens to the planet.

  12. #12
    Balls to Monty
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:30 AM
    Posts
    12,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    we haven't changed much in 500 years, despite our iPhones and Facebook pages
    Not much.

    Apart from ending slavery, ending international empire building invasions, reducing homicide rates 100 fold, recognising minorities as human beings with equal rights, replacing war with diplomacy as a means of resolving international disputes, ending most monarchies, rolling out democracy and then universal suffrage, building trading relationships that force countries to negotiate rather than go to war at the drop of a hat, ending torture as a means of punishment, developing medicine and science and education to levels that have transformed the world of modern nations (and backward nations), understanding the nature of the universe and sub-atomic physics, building moral frameworks that would not be recognisable 500 years ago, developing legal frameworks on those moral frameworks, implementing judicial systems based on common law.

    But apart from that, not much.

  13. #13
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    30,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    our iPhones
    Belgian poof...

    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    US funding ISIS in Syria, and bombing them in Iraq.
    It is very strange indeed. These ISIS lot are nasty fukers, far worse than the Syrian secular government...

  14. #14
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Posts
    60,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Clinton won big time by doing nothing and letting GH Bush policies run
    Yes, if you ignore bombing Kosovo, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sudan he did bugger all really.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Clinton won big time by doing nothing and letting GH Bush policies run
    Yes, if you ignore bombing Kosovo, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sudan he did bugger all really.
    Indeed. After the weakness the neocons saw in Bush Snr for not driving into Baghdad after the Kuwait debacle, they readily approved of Clinton, not least of the sanctions on Iraq that killed 500,000 people. They then turned on Clinton of course, wanting him out and an easy run in for their chosen idiot, Bush Jr.

  16. #16
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Posts
    60,387
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Clinton won big time by doing nothing and letting GH Bush policies run
    Yes, if you ignore bombing Kosovo, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sudan he did bugger all really.
    Indeed. After the weakness the neocons saw in Bush Snr for not driving into Baghdad after the Kuwait debacle, they readily approved of Clinton, not least of the sanctions on Iraq that killed 500,000 people. They then turned on Clinton of course, wanting him out and an easy run in for their chosen idiot, Bush Jr.
    What are you banging on about? He served his two terms. You can't do more than that.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    Clinton won big time by doing nothing and letting GH Bush policies run
    Yes, if you ignore bombing Kosovo, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Sudan he did bugger all really.
    Indeed. After the weakness the neocons saw in Bush Snr for not driving into Baghdad after the Kuwait debacle, they readily approved of Clinton, not least of the sanctions on Iraq that killed 500,000 people. They then turned on Clinton of course, wanting him out and an easy run in for their chosen idiot, Bush Jr.
    What are you banging on about? He served his two terms. You can't do more than that.
    indeed - but they wanted him out early or do you forget event after event trying to get him gone as soon as his second term started?

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    US funding ISIS in Syria, and bombing them in Iraq.
    white man, he speak with fork tongue.

    Syria gives refuge to the Pali's also.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Quote Originally Posted by billy the kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    US funding ISIS in Syria, and bombing them in Iraq.
    white man, he speak with fork tongue.

    Syria gives refuge to the Pali's also.
    All a ruse to keep the hate burning brightly in the thickos and brain dead of the world.

  20. #20
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    The U.S.A. are not funding ISIS .

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    The USA are complicit of the Funding and Arming of ISIS.

  22. #22
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    Isis has secured massive cashflows from the oilfields of eastern Syria, which it had commandeered in late 2012, some of which it sold back to the Syrian regime. It has also made money from smuggling raw materials pillaged in Syria as well as priceless antiquities from archeological digs. An intelligence official told the Guardian that Isis took $36m from al-Nabuk, an area in the Qalamoun mountains west of Damascus, including antiquities that are up to 8,000 years old.
    Computer sticks taken from an Isis courier by Iraqi forces before the fall of the northern city of Mosul revealed that Isis – before the city's capture – had cash and assets worth $875m (£516m). After the fall of Mosul, Isis looted the banks and captured military supplies that have boosted the group's coffers to about $2bn, according to Iraqi officials.
    Gulf donors support Isis out of solidarity with fellow Sunnis in Syria as President Bashir al-Assad has unleashed his military to crush opposition to his rule. The US has tried to put pressure on the governments in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar to crack down on funding for extremist groups, but these regimes say donors are justified in backing rebel forces in Syria because the US failed to act against Assad, especially when he crossed the "red line" laid down by President Barack Obama with the use of chemical weapons.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    Trained, in Jordan by the US, Isis is the creation of the US and GB to consolidate Islamic militancy into one group, headed for Iran, and to stop islamic action against israel. Unfortunately, as always happens when the US arm and train terrorist groups, they will get out of control.

  24. #24
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 12:26 PM
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    5,756
    "Funding" > "Complicit" > "Training"

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,612
    USA created ISIS, Directly fund, arm and train them, and are complicit in ensuring their success. Their path is set out to confront Iran, and the aim is to detracct islamic militancy from hitting israel. This is why Israel is not at all concerned about ISIS, whose very name tells us that part of their plan is to go straight into israel.

    USA, as always, funding terrorists, and as always, they will turn on the US and do what ever they like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •