Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    60,551

    Qatar Airways to Manchester escorted by Fighters

    OK, who got pissed on the flight back from Thailand then?

    A man has been arrested on suspicion of making a hoax bomb threat after military jets were called to escort a passenger plane to Manchester Airport.

    The Qatar Airways plane was escorted in to land by the Royal Air Force (RAF) following information received by the pilot.

    Greater Manchester Police said it was treating it as a "full emergency".

    Armed police boarded the Doha to Manchester plane and arrested a passenger on board.

    All flights in and out of the airport were suspended for about 25 minutes.
    BBC News - Military jets escort Qatar Airways plane to Manchester Airport

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    03-06-2018 @ 06:26 AM
    Posts
    1,190
    What a twat. There are things you just don't joke about, and bombs on aeroplanes is one of them.

  3. #3
    Utopian Expat Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,814


    Reports: RAF typhoon escorts plane into Manchester | Granada - ITV News

    London DJ seeking publicity....and a lengthy jail term.

  4. #4
    Utopian Expat Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,814
    to quote from twitter ...... Passenger who saw the alleged hoaxer's face as the Tornado jet pitched up alongside the plane. "He was like 'oh shit'."

  5. #5
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    29-06-2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Posts
    833
    ^ Serves him right thick twat!

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    6,073
    I would hope the idiot is hauled to the planes exit and every passenger is allowed one hard kick to his bollocks.

  7. #7
    Member
    Tickiteboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    09-07-2017 @ 11:31 PM
    Location
    wiltshire
    Posts
    973
    What a complete tool! Deserves a lengthy spell in the monkey-house.

    Good to see the crew handling the situation well, seeing as I'm flying with them next month.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    01-09-2019 @ 06:11 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,950
    They don't make em like that any more, pilots who come out and confront the bomber

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat zygote1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    20-05-2015 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Hua Hin
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    They don't make em like that any more, pilots who come out and confront the bomber
    Umm, I'd settle for an economy seat with the leg room and space depicted.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:45 PM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by zygote1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    They don't make em like that any more, pilots who come out and confront the bomber
    Umm, I'd settle for an economy seat with the leg room and space depicted.
    Never settle for economy.



    Guess the lad was drunk. Fool.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang
    DJ Pat seeking publicity
    The cousin arse fucker is in big trouble now.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat Pound Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    26-03-2016 @ 09:24 AM
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy
    What a twat. There are things you just don't joke about, and bombs on aeroplanes is one of them.
    why thee hell not?
    who's to say what's funny?
    can't joke about a bomb?

    what about a riddle?

    what about a limerick?

    what if you only intended to share a light musing?

    what about an anecdote?

    maybe something with was no punch line just cute little story about a bomb?

    you don't call in a bomb threat! Big difference!


    This is a great message board.... For me to poop on!

  13. #13
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Posts
    60,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy
    What a twat. There are things you just don't joke about, and bombs on aeroplanes is one of them.
    why thee hell not?
    who's to say what's funny?
    can't joke about a bomb?

    what about a riddle?

    what about a limerick?

    what if you only intended to share a light musing?

    what about an anecdote?

    maybe something with was no punch line just cute little story about a bomb?

    you don't call in a bomb threat! Big difference!
    OK smartarse try it the next time you fly.


  14. #14
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    29-06-2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Posts
    833
    Seems he is a sad case, but then people with mental disorders are often hard to spot unless you are trained in that field;

    Man sectioned over Manchester Airport plane bomb hoax


    A man has been sectioned under the Mental Health Act after a bomb hoax resulted in RAF jets escorting a passenger plane to Manchester Airport.

    The man, 47, was assessed by medical staff and again by a mental health team after the incident on Tuesday.

    An RAF Typhoon was seen escorting the Qatar Airways flight QR23 from Doha after the pilot was handed a note about a possible device on board.
    The man was sectioned "for a fuller assessment", police said.

    The Airbus A330-30 was carrying 269 passengers and 13 Qatar Airways crew.

    BBC News - Man sectioned over Manchester Airport plane bomb hoax

  15. #15
    Utopian Expat Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,814
    ^ good way to get out of a lengthy jail sentence - act the nut job for a few weeks(shouldn't be hard if he's been in Thailand for a few weeks holiday)

  16. #16
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    29-06-2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    ^ good way to get out of a lengthy jail sentence - act the nut job for a few weeks(shouldn't be hard if he's been in Thailand for a few weeks holiday)
    Who says he's acting? He has been assessed by medical staff and mental health staff, does that make him an actor?

  17. #17
    Utopian Expat Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    ^ good way to get out of a lengthy jail sentence - act the nut job for a few weeks(shouldn't be hard if he's been in Thailand for a few weeks holiday)
    Who says he's acting? He has been assessed by medical staff and mental health staff, does that make him an actor?
    There is no proof he's acting, that's the beauty of the temporary insanity option when it comes to this sort of crime.
    It's the sensible play right now for him in his situation.
    He's probably sitting in a cell talking Thainglish to the wall muttering to himself whilst constantly masturbating inbetween pissing and shitting himself(literally).
    A couple of weeks time when the dust has settled he'll come around from his (temporary )psychosis and be stamped sane and let out with no charges to answer.
    He'll be back on Beach road getting fooked up again before Xmas.

  18. #18
    I am in Jail
    leemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    07-10-2015 @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    pty
    Posts
    2,608
    Can't imagine it has anything to do with inbreeding.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    01-09-2019 @ 06:11 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,950
    Theres a nutter sitting next to me, hes got a bomb in his briefcase, call the

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    01-09-2019 @ 06:11 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,950
    ^ that nutter was acting.
    1970 movie " Airport "

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •