Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Mid
    Mid is offline
    Thailand Expat
    Mid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,413

    Zimbabwe : Teenager to be caned over Facebook slur

    Zimbabwe teenager to be caned over Facebook slur
    20/02/2012

    A court in Zimbabwe has sentenced a 17-year-old boy to be caned after he posted a picture of a woman on Facebook with a caption that called her a prostitute, state media said Monday.



    A court in Zimbabwe has sentenced a 17-year-old boy to be caned after he posted a picture of a woman on Facebook with a caption that called her a prostitute, state media said Monday.

    The Herald newspaper said magistrate Tinashe Ndokera found the boy guilty of criminal insult, and ordered that he be caned twice.

    The teenager from the southeastern town of Chiredzi confessed to taking a photo of the woman without her knowledge as she made a phone call at her office on February 6.

    "Later that evening, he posted the woman's picture on his Facebook profile and below the picture he wrote (in the local Shona language): 'These are Chiredzi's prostitutes'," The Herald said.

    The woman discovered her picture when she logged on to Facebook and alerted police, who arrested the boy.

    Caning is a common sentence in Zimbabwe, but only for minors deemed too young to serve prison terms.

    bangkokpost.com

  2. #2
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    Zimbabwe teenager to be caned over Facebook slur
    20/02/2012

    A court in Zimbabwe has sentenced a 17-year-old boy to be caned after he posted a picture of a woman on Facebook with a caption that called her a prostitute, state media said Monday.



    A court in Zimbabwe has sentenced a 17-year-old boy to be caned after he posted a picture of a woman on Facebook with a caption that called her a prostitute, state media said Monday.

    The Herald newspaper said magistrate Tinashe Ndokera found the boy guilty of criminal insult, and ordered that he be caned twice.

    The teenager from the southeastern town of Chiredzi confessed to taking a photo of the woman without her knowledge as she made a phone call at her office on February 6.

    "Later that evening, he posted the woman's picture on his Facebook profile and below the picture he wrote (in the local Shona language): 'These are Chiredzi's prostitutes'," The Herald said.

    The woman discovered her picture when she logged on to Facebook and alerted police, who arrested the boy.

    Caning is a common sentence in Zimbabwe, but only for minors deemed too young to serve prison terms.

    bangkokpost.com
    Slow news day?

  3. #3
    Mid
    Mid is offline
    Thailand Expat
    Mid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,413
    Should be good for a corporal punishment debate .........................

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Haha serves him right for being stupid enough to join Facebook.

  5. #5
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Posts
    61,238
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Haha serves him right for being stupid enough to join Facebook.
    If stupidity is a requirement, you must have about ten accounts.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    14-11-2015 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Haha serves him right for being stupid enough to join Facebook.
    If stupidity is a requirement, you must have about ten accounts.
    Not a one..

    I like my rights to privacy so I am not about to volunteerely give them up.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    shame we can't have caning of 17 year old African girls on Youtube.
    Never mind. It's not a perfect world.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •