Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68
  1. #26
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,431
    First stop the Radio City Tower, once a revolving restaurant serving Gordon Blue cuisine from a polystyrene tray back in it's hey day, sadly now reduced to serving up Scouse wit over the air waves.Shame as we were starving and could have murdered a pie,chips,peas and gravy.
    A good vantage point to get our bearing and keep an eye on the motor parked in a 4 all day open air car park opposite The Albert Dock complete with cable tied hub caps


    That seagull in the pic knicked me Gregs pasty, b'stard. Ruthless fookers them Scouse seagulls!

    The 360 view from the top after enduring 558 steps to the top as some vandals had nobbled the lift..


    The Liver bird buildings in the distance.



    The Catholic Cathedral..


    The Anglican Cathedral..


    Even Scousers can live in religious harmony and co exist side by side robbing wheels and even a whole car, part by part from the Hale wood factory...

  2. #27
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,431
    Good way to see the City if your feeling energetic for 3 a day..



    Monuments everywhere for everything, a city full of history and a buffs wet dream..



    The aptly named Magical mystery Tour open top bus ride around the land marks..



    The Museum of Liverpool in front of the Tate gallery and behind the Albert Dock..



    There are dozens of museums if your interested ranging from Liverpools slavery past to the Tate were you can see a womans bed after a hardcore session at the Tate Modern Art Gallery

  3. #28
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,431
    The Liver birds are two large and famous bronze metal birds on top of a building - the Liver Building - in the city of Liverpool, England. The building has the offices of an insurance organization. The birds are symbol of the city, although no birds really look like this.

    The sound of the end of the word "liver" in the name of the bird is like "driver" not "river". The start of the word Liverpool ("liver") sounds like the word "river". This is a funny play on words.

    There is also a British television sitcom with the same name that is about two young women who share a flat in Liverpool. The play on words is increased by a second British slang meaning of the word "bird" to mean young woman.

    Many people in Liverpool (known as Liverpudlians or Scousers) are proud of their city and of the Liver birds. There is a story that the birds will come alive if a truly pure woman walks between them. This will never happen! This is an example of the humor of the local people.



    Time for an ice-cream..



    Once quoted as being more popular than god, taken at the Pier Head.

    Hard to get a pic of these lads, everyone language from around the world was trying to get a pic with them..



    Queuing for the ferry..



    26 for a family of five on a one hour trip to Wallasey and the German U-Boat museum.

    Ferry across the Mersey..





    Too much to see and do in one day.

    Something for everyone.

    What blew me away was the dozens of hen parties and not the usual lardies that you might see in Blackpool.

    Matthew Street were the Cavern club is was seriously rocking in the afternoon, might well go back there in the future without the family for a lads day out

    Enjoy

    CCC

  4. #29
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    12,607
    Nice one, CCC.

  5. #30
    Custom user
    Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    12,607
    ^^ Gerry and the Pacemakers ... still going apparently, and are on tour in August and September!

    https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates...the-pacemakers

  6. #31
    Thailand Expat klong toey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    15-11-2017 @ 05:18 AM
    Posts
    5,612
    Nice pics CC can't send a green got to reload.
    Virtual beer sent.

  7. #32
    Member
    Conche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    31-01-2017 @ 12:24 AM
    Location
    khon kaen
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by can123
    Words fail me. And, you criticise me for staying at the Nana ?
    You must be getting me mixed up with someone else , I have never either known you to go to that hotel or indeed made any remarks about you going there ,, what part of Liverpool is it in ?

    Is it near the Hampton ?

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,798
    is there a job center?

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    10-08-2017 @ 07:09 AM
    Posts
    1,193
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    Great city and great people.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat reinvented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Location
    top of soi 2
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh
    This was when I watched Dalglish and the ginger haired supersub playing, though. Things may have changed.
    and could he play!

    if you go again
    the williamson tunnels are supposed to be good
    lark lane for a bite to eat
    walker art gallery is outstanding
    and inside st george's hall

  11. #36
    Member
    TheDukeofNewcastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    22-10-2016 @ 01:42 PM
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna
    Gerry and the Pacemakers ... still going apparently, and are on tour in August and September!
    Only because they have real pacemakers now

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    17-11-2017 @ 02:10 AM
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Conche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by can123
    Words fail me. And, you criticise me for staying at the Nana ?
    You must be getting me mixed up with someone else , I have never either known you to go to that hotel or indeed made any remarks about you going there ,, what part of Liverpool is it in ?

    Is it near the Hampton ?
    Yes, you seem to be a totally different person. If you ever go to Krungthep you should look no further than the Nana Hotel for your accommodation. Two first class swimming pools and Americans wearing funny caps in the foyer. Excellent food and the sweet and sour is really nice. A free drink on arrival and a copy of the Bangkok Post rammed through your door every morning. It is located in a very friendly area which is steeped in Thai culture.

    Nothing like that in Liverpool, I'm afraid. I avoid Hamptons if at all possible. Last time I went to Liverpool I drank a schooner of everything in a Yates Wine Bar and was sick in a telephone box.

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Wat Thafookhisit near to Wat Chamakhorlit
    Posts
    2,247
    Contrary to what other members have advised reference removing/locking wheels and/or hubcaps, I would seriously suggest the exact opposite.

    Leave them in place unsecured. They act as a distraction so you may get to keep your car stezzie.


  14. #39
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,214
    Quote Originally Posted by can123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by can123
    Words fail me. And, you criticise me for staying at the Nana ?
    You must be getting me mixed up with someone else , I have never either known you to go to that hotel or indeed made any remarks about you going there ,, what part of Liverpool is it in ?

    Is it near the Hampton ?
    Yes, you seem to be a totally different person. If you ever go to Krungthep you should look no further than the Nana Hotel for your accommodation. Two first class swimming pools and Americans wearing funny caps in the foyer. Excellent food and the sweet and sour is really nice. A free drink on arrival and a copy of the Bangkok Post rammed through your door every morning. It is located in a very friendly area which is steeped in Thai culture.

    Nothing like that in Liverpool, I'm afraid. I avoid Hamptons if at all possible. Last time I went to Liverpool I drank a schooner of everything in a Yates Wine Bar and was sick in a telephone box.
    You really ooze class mate.

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    17-11-2017 @ 02:10 AM
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg
    You really ooze class mate.
    [at] [at]
    No, it wasn't "class" it was sherry of all different types, white wine, red wine and some type of brandy which was very sickly. I managed a Chinese Special Fried Rice with curry sauce before being overcome and, fearful of throwing up on the pavement, I sought solace in the telephone box. It was a valuable lesson for me and I can now say with certainty that it is possible to vomit without regurgitating carrots. Up to that time I was convinced that carrots were omnipresent in vomit and that, indeed, it was carrots which were the cause of vomiting.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    5,885
    Good stuff mate, Liverpool doesn't look to bad? I'm guessing that you still need to sleep with one eye open though

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Posts
    11,593
    Liverpool is an Irish colony which was absorbed back into Lancashire but the DNA of the Hibernian overwhelmed the native anglo-saxon strain resulting in that curious mix we find today. Once you dismiss all notions of 'Englishness' you may begin to understand the Scouse. Interestingly, it is the least cosmopolitan area in England. So, if "no coons" is your thing, then Liverpool is way up there.

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,686
    Liverpool alright hey, they voted Leave in Brexit

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    jimbobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    29-07-2017 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Phon Thong (Roi et)
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    Good way to see the City if your feeling energetic for 3 a day..



    Monuments everywhere for everything, a city full of history and a buffs wet dream..



    The aptly named Magical mystery Tour open top bus ride around the land marks..



    The Museum of Liverpool in front of the Tate gallery and behind the Albert Dock..



    There are dozens of museums if your interested ranging from Liverpools slavery past to the Tate were you can see a womans bed after a hardcore session at the Tate Modern Art Gallery
    I was the engineer on the museum in white at the back there
    I wish I was home I could have shown you around
    I hope you enjoyed your stay
    Mathew street is a good night out

  20. #45
    Thailand Expat
    jimbobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    29-07-2017 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Phon Thong (Roi et)
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Liverpool is an Irish colony which was absorbed back into Lancashire but the DNA of the Hibernian overwhelmed the native anglo-saxon strain resulting in that curious mix we find today. Once you dismiss all notions of 'Englishness' you may begin to understand the Scouse. Interestingly, it is the least cosmopolitan area in England. So, if "no coons" is your thing, then Liverpool is way up there.
    What a load of twaddle we have the oldest china town in Europe
    We where at the forefront of abolishing the slave trade
    One of the busiest ports for 300 years many of who settled and it's not cosmopolitan ?
    You're right There is not a true blooded English man on Liverpool
    It's chocker block with Europeans because of the cheep housing an world renound university
    You are showing the conservative negative headlines of the 80s
    Idiot

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat
    jimbobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    29-07-2017 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Phon Thong (Roi et)
    Posts
    1,937
    Nice one CCC great report mate

  22. #47
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum
    it is the least cosmopolitan area in England.
    You've obviously never been to Liverpool.


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobs
    I wish I was home I could have shown you around
    I hope you enjoyed your stay
    Mathew street is a good night out
    Nice one Jim, maybe next time.
    Matthew Street was rocking all day with decent bands on in every pub.
    The frontage of the establishments were mostly open so you could walk down the street and have a cheeky watch and listen.
    Would have liked a few cheeky beers but i had to evacuate to the Pier Head for Slushies and a ferry ride as promised to the kids.


    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker
    Liverpool doesn't look to bad? I'm guessing that you still need to sleep with one eye open though
    We drove out through Toxteth which being only a couple of miles from the centre was a complete dump with rows of boarded up houses and drug fuelled scally wags on street corners.

    On the whole the city centre is well worth a visit as it's one of the U.k's most cultural, cosmopolitan cities

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    jimbobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    29-07-2017 @ 04:31 AM
    Location
    Phon Thong (Roi et)
    Posts
    1,937
    Can still buy a house in toxteth for 25000
    My brother who is absolutely mental and likes black chicks
    Left the army in 1993 bought a 2 up 2 down in toxteth for 8000 central heating and double glazed
    Shagged loads of black ladies ,fought a couple a black lads and sold it 2 years later for 8000
    Result 2 years rent free and a throbbing bellend to boot

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Location
    There
    Posts
    30,508
    Is it possible to shag black chicka's in Toxteth, and not get into fights with black dudes? If so, the price of real estate beckons- given it's central location. I bet drugs are cheap, n'all.

    Used to know a HK Chinese girl, who grew up with her family in Toxteth, running a fish n' chippery. Dead rough it was then, this being the 70's & 80's. Even the local cops treated them like shit.
    probes Aliens

  25. #50
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,431
    In Toxteth the council sold a bunch of houses to locals who had to intend to live in them for x amount of years for a !!!
    Improved the area a bit but had a load of the locals up in arms.
    Liverpool has the largest immigrant community, mostly from China outside of London.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •