Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780

    Thought for the day.

    If you were a Mongolian, from Mongolia, would being a Mongoloid be a problem?

    If you were a Thai, would it be possible to be diagnosed as having Alzheimers, or Autism, or does it fit in the same pigeonhole?

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 05:06 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    30,807
    All Asian races are classified as Mongoloid actually.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Next door to digit
    Posts
    11,170
    Many do carry the Mongol dark spots on their lower backs and bottoms,
    I find it sexy, ,,or maybe thats just the arses I foget.

  4. #4
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    It wasnt really a debate or a question about race, it was a sarcastic dig at how a Thai could be diagnosed as having Alzheimers- when the whole population displays the symptoms, probably not very funny if I need to explain it.

  5. #5
    anonymous ant
    tsicar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    isaan/south africa
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins View Post
    It wasnt really a debate or a question about race, it was a sarcastic dig at how a Thai could be diagnosed as having Alzheimers- when the whole population displays the symptoms, probably not very funny if I need to explain it.
    i think the difference is that an alzheimers sufferer actually WANTS to remember, but can't.
    thais have the amazing ability to simply blank out of their brains, anything that they do not want to KNOW.
    they have incredibly good memories, however:
    whenever i was deemed to be "misbehaving", i would get the most insignificant, tiny, perceived transgression from years before, dug up and used as ammunition to stir the shitfight.
    things like: "yes, and in 19-something, about 2 months after we were married,YOU refused to take me to the doctor to treat the dose of shites i got after eating that blah-raa that you had warned me not to eat, you BASTARD!"

    NOTHING WRONG WITH THEIR MEMORIES, TRUST ME!
    brrrzzzzt, brrrzzzt!
    beep!. ting, ting
    redirecting, please be patient..........:

    hello, insect!
    brrrzzzt, brrrzzzt..................

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    24-05-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Posts
    1,713
    If you are in a minor dispute with a pretty young woman and you say something like " Listen you are pretty, but-----". She would tend to say "Don't patronise me -------". But if she was ugly and you said something like "Listen you are ugly, but-----". Are you then patronising her too?

  7. #7
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by tsicar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins View Post
    It wasnt really a debate or a question about race, it was a sarcastic dig at how a Thai could be diagnosed as having Alzheimers- when the whole population displays the symptoms, probably not very funny if I need to explain it.
    i think the difference is that an alzheimers sufferer actually WANTS to remember, but can't.
    thais have the amazing ability to simply blank out of their brains, anything that they do not want to KNOW.
    they have incredibly good memories, however:
    whenever i was deemed to be "misbehaving", i would get the most insignificant, tiny, perceived transgression from years before, dug up and used as ammunition to stir the shitfight.
    things like: "yes, and in 19-something, about 2 months after we were married,YOU refused to take me to the doctor to treat the dose of shites i got after eating that blah-raa that you had warned me not to eat, you BASTARD!"

    NOTHING WRONG WITH THEIR MEMORIES, TRUST ME!
    Indeed, they have decidedly "selective" memories - a grudge against someone will be held for a thousand years, whereas, if they fuck up, they forget it withing 30 seconds.

    They will hold you responsible for ever, yet relinquish their own responsibilities at the drop of a hat!

    you cannot win an argument with them as they just switch off!

  8. #8
    anonymous ant
    tsicar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    03-10-2016 @ 11:05 PM
    Location
    isaan/south africa
    Posts
    2,895
    [quote=Missismiggins;1211290][quote=tsicar;1207185]
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins View Post

    you cannot win an argument with them as they just switch off!
    this is not only true of thais: it applies to most women from many countries.
    thais frustrate the hell outta me, though, since the second you say something that they do not want to hear, be it argumentative, logical or deemed to question what the thai has been conditioned to believe, they simply "switch off"
    it is like a curtain comes down behind their eyes and their ears and if you look into their eyes, you can actually tell the exact moment that it happens.
    something that used to scare the hell outta me was looking into my thai wife's eyes and realising that there was just nothing there, like a bloody void, a person who was already dead but just didn't have the brain to figure it out and fall down and decompose like normal, decent dead people do.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    08-10-2011 @ 09:45 PM
    Location
    A Mad Mad World
    Posts
    3,780
    [quote=tsicar;1211624][quote=Missismiggins;1211290]
    Quote Originally Posted by tsicar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Missismiggins View Post

    you cannot win an argument with them as they just switch off!
    this is not only true of thais: it applies to most women from many countries.
    thais frustrate the hell outta me, though, since the second you say something that they do not want to hear, be it argumentative, logical or deemed to question what the thai has been conditioned to believe, they simply "switch off"
    it is like a curtain comes down behind their eyes and their ears and if you look into their eyes, you can actually tell the exact moment that it happens.
    something that used to scare the hell outta me was looking into my thai wife's eyes and realising that there was just nothing there, like a bloody void, a person who was already dead but just didn't have the brain to figure it out and fall down and decompose like normal, decent dead people do.
    A stare like a dead goldfish?

    But then something kicks in - like a defence mechanism of a poisonous insect - again, no logic, just pure survival skills.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •