Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121
  1. #1
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,042

    If you could place yourself at any place or time . . .

    Daydreaming today . . . mellow Sunday afternoon . . . imagining myself back home sitting at the Watson's Bay pub shelling some king prawns and gulping down a nice Riesling or Chablis . . .

    . . . then I thought; what if there are no boundaries, just for the heck of it, any place, event, point of history . . .

    Where would you place yourself even for a short while only:


  2. #2
    Party Animal!
    Fuzzy Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    10-05-2012 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,084
    I'd go back to the crucifiction of christ with a nine iron and a bucket of golf balls and give the fecker what he deserves.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    the problem is, you might think it would be nice to go back to, say, the Sultans time, when they had harems and lots of nice things going on

    but you may turn out to be one of the eunuchs

  4. #4
    Balls to Monty
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    15-09-2019 @ 01:30 AM
    Posts
    12,007
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat
    imagining myself back home sitting at the Watson's Bay pub shelling some king prawns
    You're a bit posh mate. I was down there last weekend trying to entertain this Thai girl I just met but I chose to treat her at the fish and chip stand just across the way from Doyle's proper so she is probably weighing up her options at this point

  5. #5
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    Wonder how old Ol Hef is now.
    Damn I sure am glad I lived my life the way I wanted and went where I wanted, when I wanted and not have to live it wishing and doing the Pipe Dreams shit.

    AH, but the life of a wanderer is far superior to being a TEFLer..

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Malacca. At the height of the Chinese-Arab dominated Indian Ocean trading centuries....cross roads for the world.

  7. #7
    Hello World
    melvbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Infinite Loop
    Posts
    5,930
    1130am

  8. #8
    loob lor geezer
    Bangyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Location
    The land of silk and money.
    Posts
    5,984
    Shanghai .... 1930's

    Or maybe Thermaes 25 years ago when I met my first Mrs. Would have a quiet night in with a good book instead.
    Last edited by Bangyai; 04-10-2009 at 08:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    the fish and chip stand just across the way from Doyle's proper
    Same owners . . . our little claim to fame is that we owned what used to be a boatshed (just a bit of a garage) just a few houses down from Doyles before they expanded. The nicest pub close my parent's place . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang
    AH, but the life of a wanderer is far superior to being a TEFLer..
    Another thread, BG? Every thread you drop your rubbish and then cry foul? Silly old fool.

  10. #10
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,042
    Some nice responses . . . but I guess I didn't phrase the original idea of this thread correctly. Of course I wouldn't choose being Hef . . . much rather 'discovering' Tahiti and bringing 'civilisation' to the natives . . . and being painted by Gauguin while doing so. (I know, the timelines don't match)

    I was expecting something like the following as responses, more in the vein of humour seeing a TD member's avatar surrounded by a bevy of beauties or (and I am not good at Photoshop) DrAndy's avatar on a steed at the Charge of the Light Brigade or FuzzyBob's avatar on George Washington's shoulders as he crosses the Potomac - something like :

    Bangyai:




    Maybe the idea just sucks . . .

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    yep, you are correct

  12. #12
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    The Roaring 20's in Missoula Montana. I turned down a job there in 1985. Kind of wished I would not have.


  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Gallowspole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat
    sitting at the Watson's Bay pub shelling some king prawns and gulping down a nice Riesling or Chablis . . .
    I'm going back to Vaucluse this week after a 12 year break and will have an afternoon at Doyle's then head down to Parsley Bay to abuse the ruskies.

    That's reality, however I would love to have been in Whisky-A-Go Go when it was going off so many Moons ago.

  14. #14
    In transit to Valhalla

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,036
    I would like to be 2-3 weeks further along, not sitting in moving mess without being able to find the things I need, the GF and the Maid running about frustrated, the Gf giving me earful's about this and that she is not satisfied with, and why haven't you sorted this out?, why is this not working? yap yap yap yap yap.



    Fast forward 2-3 weeks-

    I imagine myself sitting in my new place, everything in it's place, pleasing for the eye soothing for the soul, enjoying a good coffee and a Cuban cigar and maybe even a little brandy, just sitting quiet on the porch without a care in the world, aaaaahhhhh pure bliss. Nothing fancy, not spectacular but the above would do me just fine.

    Soon.

  15. #15
    Member Super Swan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    02-05-2010 @ 07:04 PM
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bob View Post
    I'd go back to the crucifiction of christ with a nine iron and a bucket of golf balls and give the fecker what he deserves.

    Quality!

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr
    I imagine myself sitting in my new place, everything in it's place, pleasing for the eye soothing for the soul, enjoying a good coffee and a Cuban cigar and maybe even a little brandy, just sitting quiet on the porch without a care in the world, aaaaahhhhh pure bliss. Nothing fancy, not spectacular but the above would do me just fine.
    Nice place you're getting there. I hope the move goes well.

  17. #17
    In transit to Valhalla

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr
    I imagine myself sitting in my new place, everything in it's place, pleasing for the eye soothing for the soul, enjoying a good coffee and a Cuban cigar and maybe even a little brandy, just sitting quiet on the porch without a care in the world, aaaaahhhhh pure bliss. Nothing fancy, not spectacular but the above would do me just fine.
    Nice place you're getting there. I hope the move goes well.
    Thank's Marmite, yes It is a nice place (a big thanks to LT is owed), and the move went well, now just getting everything in their right places, 2-3 weeks and everything should be just dandy

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr View Post
    I would like to be 2-3 weeks further along, not sitting in moving mess without being able to find the things I need, the GF and the Maid running about frustrated, the Gf giving me earful's about this and that she is not satisfied with, and why haven't you sorted this out?, why is this not working? yap yap yap yap yap.



    Fast forward 2-3 weeks-

    I imagine myself sitting in my new place, everything in it's place, pleasing for the eye soothing for the soul, enjoying a good coffee and a Cuban cigar and maybe even a little brandy, just sitting quiet on the porch without a care in the world, aaaaahhhhh pure bliss. Nothing fancy, not spectacular but the above would do me just fine.

    Soon.

    if you're so busy now, what the hell are you doing posting on this forum for!

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    if you're so busy now, what the hell are you doing posting on this forum for!
    He's busy 'supervising' the women of course! Also, seeing as he is posting here at the same time, he is demonstrating the art of multitasking.

  20. #20
    In transit to Valhalla

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr View Post
    I would like to be 2-3 weeks further along, not sitting in moving mess without being able to find the things I need, the GF and the Maid running about frustrated, the Gf giving me earful's about this and that she is not satisfied with, and why haven't you sorted this out?, why is this not working? yap yap yap yap yap.



    Fast forward 2-3 weeks-

    I imagine myself sitting in my new place, everything in it's place, pleasing for the eye soothing for the soul, enjoying a good coffee and a Cuban cigar and maybe even a little brandy, just sitting quiet on the porch without a care in the world, aaaaahhhhh pure bliss. Nothing fancy, not spectacular but the above would do me just fine.

    Soon.

    if you're so busy now, what the hell are you doing posting on this forum for!
    Just where did I write I was busy? anyway if I was-

    It's not that hard, you should know- eating a banana with one foot, hanging on for dear life with the other, picking your pal's fur with one hand and dicking some nice monkey lady in the arse with the other, all at the same time having made this post with your monkey willy

    My responsibilities are over Mate having paid for the party, now the people, the house-help, and the GF have to get things done according to my wishes, (or my GF's wishes whichever comes first)

    I do have to give some assistance now and again, but have time for the odd post as well, off cause not with monkey speed but still!

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Humbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:00 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    12,346
    Fishin on Spooner Lake


  22. #22
    RIP
    Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Rawai Phuket
    Posts
    6,010
    Having worked for 17 odd years in muckshifting with dozers and excavators and with a consuming interest in Archaeology, I would like to go back maybe 2,500 years to the days when the ancients ( in the UK especially) were building the massive hill forts.
    Maiden castle , Old Oswestry etc and see how on earth they did it.

    http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/u...on_K940060.jpg

    http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/u...try_aerial.jpg

  23. #23
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    7,765
    March 3, 1973

    Should have told her I loved her.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat nedwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    06-07-2016 @ 05:28 PM
    Location
    sunshine coast
    Posts
    7,710
    Quote Originally Posted by larvidchr
    and the move went well,
    good, can,t wait to grace your new pad mate!

  25. #25
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    I'd like to have gone to Woodstock.

    Sadly I was 2 at the time.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •