Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82

    Did anyone know shaun brownsey?

    A guy I used to know met a sticky end near chiang rai last month. He met a thai widow in southern england a few years ago (her english husband had died), married her, sold his house, and moved to thailand with her last year. He bought a 50 room apartment building in chiang rai to rent out rooms which required renovations but went into business recently. Last month he was knocked off his bicycle and killed. He was not flown home but was quickly cremated by his wife.

    If anyone knows any more about this, including any news reports (I cant find any) please get in touch with me by private message.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    02-04-2010 @ 01:37 AM
    Posts
    1,308
    where was the building, exact address

    when did this take place

    my mate is in CR next week can check it out

  3. #3
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1176
    my mate is in CR next week can check it out
    Stop lying Jimmyboy, we know you don't have any friends.

  4. #4
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by lesmiles View Post
    A guy I used to know met a sticky end near chiang rai last month. He met a thai widow in southern england a few years ago (her english husband had died), married her, sold his house, and moved to thailand with her last year. He bought a 50 room apartment building in chiang rai to rent out rooms which required renovations but went into business recently. Last month he was knocked off his bicycle and killed. He was not flown home but was quickly cremated by his wife.

    If anyone knows any more about this, including any news reports (I cant find any) please get in touch with me by private message.


    It makes one wonder. All we can do is speculate, however.


  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82
    I am hoping that search engines might bring someone who knew him here.

    Quote Originally Posted by jim1176 View Post
    where was the building, exact address

    when did this take place

    my mate is in CR next week can check it out
    I don't know where the building was in Chiang Rai. He dropped out of contact with "civilisation" last year after emigrating.

    It happened on Monday 29 June.

    Other facts I know
    - He was in his early 40s
    - His neck was almost severed by the force of the impact
    - No autopsy was conducted due to the remoteness
    - It happened around 50 kms from Chiang Rai (he didn't live in Chiang Rai, but near his wife's family in the middle of nakon nowhere)
    - He had bragged to a couple of friends that the apartment would bring in a thai baht equivalent of around 30,000 pounds per year (from 250,000 pounds invested rom the sale of his house in england), as much as he used to earn in England but doing very little work in Thailand.
    However, he was killed in its opening month and never saw a baht of income. His wife will.

  6. #6
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82
    I just found this. Looks like it must have been Wednesday 01 July

    Dorset Echo - Wey
    Archive RSS Feed


    Search:


    Deaths BROWNSEY -...
    BROWNSEY - Shaun. Died in a tragic accident near his home in Thailand on 1st July 2009. You were taken from me so suddenly. I will love you forever ~ Dao xx
    12:00am Wednesday 8th July 2009
    I think his wife was called Dao.

  7. #7
    Knows fok all
    daveboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,223
    Its a sad ending to your friends life but I'm not sure you'll find out what really happened if it was foul play.

  8. #8
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82
    I realise that. It is impossible.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82
    Bump. Don't know if I need to bump this for it to appear on google.

  10. #10
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    25-10-2009 @ 07:54 PM
    Posts
    82
    RIP Shaun - final bump

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    21-11-2016 @ 09:10 PM
    Posts
    1
    Hi, did you ever manage to find anything in regards to Shaun?

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Posts
    5,349
    this thread bumping is getting ridiculous.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Come on you know we have the expertise to solve cold cases.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •