Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754

    Brad and Angie and the Burmese fishermen

    Apparently they reported that the Thais were nasty to the fishermen, beating them up and not paying them and making them work 14 hours a day for rice and fish dibble. The Thai government said they had to stop talking about that and only say nice things about Thailand or get blacklisted, are they?
    "I'm an outsider by choice, but not truly. It's the unpleasantness of the system that keeps me out. I'd rather be in, in a good system. That's where my discontent comes from: being forced to choose to stay outside.
    My advice: Just keep movin' straight ahead. Every now and then you find yourself in a different place."

    George Carlin

  2. #2
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Poor Brad & Angie. We're those big bad nasty Thais abusing them again?

  3. #3
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    They do more for humanitarian stuff than most in their position.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    Apparently they reported that the Thais were nasty to the fishermen, beating them up and not paying them and making them work 14 hours a day for rice and fish dibble. The Thai government said they had to stop talking about that and only say nice things about Thailand or get blacklisted, are they?
    you are so good at explaining it so it easy for us to all unnerstand scmapy./

  5. #5
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,742
    scampy , were you the weird english guy that stalked noodles' movie star mate around "there" apartment block ?


    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles
    met the cast when they were in Bangkok as my girlfriend is a friend of one of the actors, told me a funny story about being stalked by some English idiot at there apartments in Bangkok, said he was a right pain in the arse.
    http://teakdoor.com/976966-post3065.html (Review the last film you watched)

  6. #6
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    ^ Yes, yes I was.

  7. #7
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,742
    woo - " The Notorious Scamp "

  8. #8
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    The actor was Michael Clarke Duncan, I went up to him and gave him a wedgie.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    I went up to him and nervously asked for his autograoph but was told to fuck off well quick
    of course you were!

  10. #10
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Only after Blake had approached him twice, he used all my credits!

    I didn't want an autograph anyway, they mean shit - never understood the thing with autographs, especially people who buy them off the net who have never even met the signer!!! I got Worzel Gummages autograph when I was 7 and that was it. Photograph yes, that makes sense, but autographs - I must admit that I like it when people ask me for them but i'll probably tire of it by the end of the year.

  11. #11
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    I must admit that I like it when people ask me for them but i'll probably tire of it by the end of the year.
    Yeah, speeding tickets get annoying after a while dont they.

  12. #12
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    get blacklisted, are they?
    I can only hope & pray. First time I've ever thought the Thai govt's blacklisting was worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    They do more for humanitarian stuff than most in their position.
    Bollocks do they! They do more self-promotion in the 'we are big, kind-hearted philanthropists, please take notice of us' way. Apart from adopting their 'rainbow tribe' (more sodding self-promotion) what have they done? UN ambassador for goodwill or whatever? Jeeze, Ginger Spice was one of them, too.

    Surely, they should be attacking Burma's ruling Junta before the Thai authorities???

  13. #13
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain
    Surely, they should be attacking Burma's ruling Junta before the Thai authorities???
    or at least a porn movie - brad 3 holing angelina would be a hit ( "the Notorious Scamp - Filmmaker extraordinaire " ) and they could donate the money to a burma relief fund.

  14. #14
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    19,334
    I think you're being quite harsh on them, at least they are doing something and I doubt it is all self-serving . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain
    Surely, they should be attacking Burma's ruling Junta before the Thai authorities???
    We all have our pet projects . . . sme may ask why you limit your menagerie of saved animals to dogs and maybe cats . . . why not fish, rats etc . . .

    I know very little about them but they do seem to be helping highlight issues and that can never be bad . . .

    Hey, even Ben Affleck had an article in Time Mag published regarding the Belgian Congo/Zaire/Congo . . . no-one has bothered with that part of the world for yonks. He even had Nachtweih was his photographer with him. Definitely not professionally written but it highlighted the situation.

    Clooney in Sudan?

  15. #15
    The cold, wet one
    November Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    31-03-2015 @ 03:06 PM
    Location
    In my happy place
    Posts
    12,214
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat
    sme may ask why you limit your menagerie of saved animals to dogs and maybe cats . . . why not fish, rats etc . . .
    You'd be amazed. We've treated ducks, horses, chickens... No fish or rats yet, though.



    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat
    I think you're being quite harsh on them, at least they are doing something and I doubt it is all self-serving . . .
    Well, we obviously differ on that.

    Don't get me wrong, I think some celebs really do care passionately about causes and not just photo ops. I just don't think Brangelina fit into that category.

  16. #16
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp View Post
    They do more for humanitarian stuff than most in their position.
    True.

    And I think they are doing it b/c they generally care, and not for the publicity - they don't need it.

    When did the Thai govt say 'be quiet or you're blacklisted.?'

    Are you sure about this?

  17. #17
    たのむよ。
    The Gentleman Scamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 04:09 PM
    Location
    もうがまんできない!
    Posts
    9,754
    Quote Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    get blacklisted, are they?
    I can only hope & pray. First time I've ever thought the Thai govt's blacklisting was worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Scamp
    They do more for humanitarian stuff than most in their position.
    Bollocks do they! They do more self-promotion in the 'we are big, kind-hearted philanthropists, please take notice of us' way. Apart from adopting their 'rainbow tribe' (more sodding self-promotion) what have they done? UN ambassador for goodwill or whatever? Jeeze, Ginger Spice was one of them, too.

    Surely, they should be attacking Burma's ruling Junta before the Thai authorities???
    Sorry NR but I think you may be talking out of your lady bottom here, Brad has done a lot of good deeds that are not well known, for example when the mafia in South America took over all the jobs from the poor people and Brad asked where his maid was and was told this news he refused to have any of them in his house. He went to find the poor woman who had served as his previous maid during the shoot and bought her a house.

    Didn't he also buy a block of apartments in New Orleans after the hurricane?

    Yes he did, and even if it was/is self serving which it isn't - they are not doing any harm, so there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •