Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    05-03-2016 @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    Knee deep in it
    Posts
    3,464

    What do you love about Thais?

    I certianly love to Bitch about Thailand, I'm a Pom, Limey fok; always whinging because it gives me pleasure and feeds my complex. Thers a lot of Thailand to bitch about - which of course I love to enjoy...but seriously what do you love about Thailand? My examples below are fairly lame, my main enjoyment are the idiosyncrasies and condtradictions between West and East, haveing a Thai wife highlights that.

    I just went downstairs to the bottom of my Soi and ordered myself a beer at half two in the morning, wish granted plus due to one translator we ended up with TRUE channel 62 thus the boxing... The local policeman was with watching too.

    ...Fok I left my wallet at the top of the soi in my apartment; "It's OK pay me back for the beer when you can is replied."

    OK, thanks, I'll get you a beer in (lieu) thanks.

    replies "OK thanks; Mr X will share a Chang with Mr Z"

    I forget my Ciggies too I explain...We'll sort you out don't worry..."Thanks" I reply.
    (unfortuantley Wonder ciggies though I like the way you can buy a cigarettes in singles here)

    I love the fact that every time I walk down my Soi I'm recognised and with my son the genuine attention is so real, regarding my son I could spend a whole night on the piss and all the girls will look after him.

    My moto drivers know me now and literally put me in the most convienient place right up the soi to save hassle, same price.

    I bought my Noodle man a bottle of 100 Pipers for Songkhran, even though a small gesture I only get the best noodles for the same price as my regular choice, all ingrediants included - plus the fact a shot of whiskey should I be late from work.

    I've also left my ATM in a machine; I will whinge because I hate the way that the machine says please take you card and then money; but what always happens is that your money comes first so under the influence it's not that hard to forget your card. I had a very kind girl run after me and get that card back to me.

    And of course being married to my Thai wife, the right girl will look after you, support you and understand even if you are a complete drunken moron sometimes; like me

    (Don't mention foking escalators however)

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    20-10-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    Posts
    7,959
    90% of the time you get back what you give out. That is, -- treat people well and with respect and you get the same back. The other 10% of the time life is one big rip off.

  3. #3
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Elephant Island
    Posts
    5,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda
    90% of the time you get back what you give out. That is, -- treat people well and with respect and you get the same back. The other 10% of the time life is one big rip off.
    I find that to be more true in Thailand than the west. The people who whine the most about Thailand and it's people, show them no respect, and of course get none in return.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    good2bhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    Klong Samwa
    Posts
    15,309
    when you smile at people they smile back
    Not think you are some leering pervert!

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,898
    Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda
    90% of the time you get back what you give out. That is, -- treat people well and with respect and you get the same back. The other 10% of the time life is one big rip off.
    I find that to be more true in Thailand than the west. The people who whine the most about Thailand and it's people, show them no respect, and of course get none in return.
    Both good points.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    I like the pace here. It's really mellowed me (or is that old age?).

    I like a lot of the expats here.

    I like the sexy female butts.

  7. #7
    Cynical Member
    Fstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    29-06-2015 @ 11:56 AM
    Location
    Ratchada
    Posts
    1,456
    I also like the relaxed pace here.

    The women. I love how they dress, and I also loved having a Thai g/f (despite the headaches).

    For the most part, the foreigners I've met whilst working here have been great.

    Thais can be very accommodating. They'll sort you out in a bind, give you a ride to the gas station when you break down, have a few beers with you, and just enjoy the company you keep.

    They make some of the greatest food on the planet.
    "Fuck off. And take your stupid cult with you."

    -Scarlett Johansson to Tom Cruise

  8. #8
    Developing Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 12:20 PM
    Location
    Rama V
    Posts
    1,337
    "Mai Pen Rai" - The Thai philosophy of life...

    Never mind.
    Take it easy.
    No worries.
    Forget it, you can't do anything about it



  9. #9
    Not an expat
    Fabian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    04-09-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Location
    Hamburg, cold dark Germany
    Posts
    5,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pot View Post
    And of course being married to my Thai wife, the right girl will look after you, support you and understand even if you are a complete drunken moron sometimes; like me
    Wait until your wife find out about the girl looking after you and all hell will break loose.

  10. #10
    My kind of town
    chitown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pot View Post
    I'm a Pom, Limey fok
    That certainly explains a lot!!!

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Posts
    12,895
    Oh Gawd, no, no, no.


    Please, nauseating displays of cloying sentiment are just so repulsive, don't you think?

    Better to temper the criticism, surely.

  12. #12
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    I love the way they are happy to got outside in their sleeping clothes or pyjamas or whatever they call them. They seem to be so at ease with that and even look back at you like it is you who is the one that is mentally ill

  13. #13
    Luckydog
    Guest
    The way they steal from you.......

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    13,014
    They make the best somtam I've ever had.

    You just can't get somtam at home with the rotten, putrid fermented fish heads or the insect larvae wiggling about.

    Their affinity toward the grotesque is magical.

  15. #15
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    I find little to respect about them in general.

    I find posters that constantly defend them much more nauseating however.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat Texpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    13,014
    Where's English Noodles?
    He'll find that post ^ disturbing.

  17. #17
    សុខសប្បាយ
    EmperorTud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    11-12-2009 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    75 clicks above the Do Lung bridge
    Posts
    6,665
    ^ I think he's in Chiang Mai.

    Look out Ant Robertson!

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    good2bhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    Klong Samwa
    Posts
    15,309
    I thought he was in gaol?

  19. #19
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    05-03-2016 @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    Knee deep in it
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTud
    I find posters that constantly defend them much more nauseating however.
    I ain't defending them, just interested to see the response on this thread as compared to the other threads attacking them...

    A far greater response attacking than defending.

    As for really Thais especially the men consistently fok me right off; occasionally thought the Thais can shine when they wear their hearts on their sleeves

  20. #20
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,608
    I also love the fact that it seems as though 90% of the population is female, aged between 18 and 27 and are on the whole approachable. Yep, you gotta love that.

  21. #21
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Location
    Christian Country
    Posts
    15,020
    If I was away, neighbours always took my laundry in for me when it rained. They also took my ladder, brooms, crockery items, etc. But, mai pen rai. All my stuff was easy to find on my soi and take back as needed.

  22. #22
    Bounced
    Frankenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    13-10-2016 @ 10:42 AM
    Location
    The land of milking honeys
    Posts
    3,292
    It's a bit of a mixed bag as Mason would say.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •